[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /mu/ love this album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (265 KB, 1300x1300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
265 KB, 1300x1300
Why does /mu/ love this album?
>>
Because half of us are going to turn out like Brian Wilson and the other half of us already are like him.
>>
cause it's good
>>
>>61128265
because they were told to like it. It's thoroughly mediocre and rather kitschy, even for the low standards of 60s popular music
>>
My heart belongs to rock music. I love the sound of the electric guitar. But while I'd prefer rock music to artful, melodic pop at any day, most pop music wasn't made by Brian Wilson.

It's neither the most sophisticated album ever made, nor the saddest, nor the happiest, nor the craziest, nor the wackiest, nor the most intelligent one, the most hard-hitting one, the most down-to-earth one, but it all doesn't matter because it's Pet Sounds. And there is only one Pet Sounds. It's the most Pet Sounds album. So what even is Pet Sounds? Pet Sounds isn't just an album, it's a philosophy of music. That all music is part of the vibrations of the universe. The album dig for it, and Brian Wilson proceeded to dig even deeper for the vibrations and went insane, as if it was prove that he was bullseye on the right track to musical perfection. He tied everything together on the album, a cosmic session for the coming-of age of a young artist, who only wanted to bring joy to all humans and was rewarded with pain.

I do not owe you anything when I proclaim Pet Sounds as the best album ever. You either believe me, or you don't. And what ultimately only matters is that people feel the same profound satisfaction from listening to it like I do, not that they accept my irrelevant opinion. I dream of a world in which all people band together, regardless of color, religious belief, philosophical opinions, nationality, diet, clothing, sexual preference, or favorite tv channel, or favorite album, that we will all band together and find the beauty in the music of Brian Wilson.
>>
>>61128265
because /mu/ is full of plebs
>>
>>61128852
damn...
>>
>>61128265
because they're not patrician enough for the velvet underground and nico
>>
>>61128959
lol, they're not patrician enough even for sgt. pepper
>>
>>61128614
what a ridiculous post.

and honestly if you don't get it no one can really explain it. the melodies and harmonies and instrumentation are just perfect
>>
It's probably the closest an album can be to being perfect tbqh. The only thing keeping it from being a 10/10 is the fact that all the songs fade out instead of ending.
>>
>>61129002
i don't think that really exempts it from 10/10 status but i agree i hate fade-outs
>>
>>61128265
it's just a meme to pretend you like it. just like Death Grips
>>
>>61128852
The pretentiousness is strong with this one.
>>
>>61129790
how is it pretentious?

stop using words you don't know the meaning of
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.