[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Queen discussion thread.. what's your favorite album, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: Queen_-_A_Night_at_the_Opera.jpg (49 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Queen_-_A_Night_at_the_Opera.jpg
49 KB, 500x500
Queen discussion thread.. what's your favorite album, and what albums do you think a newcomer should listen to first? I just listened to pic related and really enjoyed it. What do you think I should listen to next?
>>
>asking where to start with queen

what third world country do you live in OP?
>>
a night at the opera is there any other real answer

news of the world

depends
did you dig the riffs? sheer heart attack. want more songs like boeheim rhapsody and prophets song? queen 2
>>
File: 114881795.jpg (452 KB, 1639x1639) Image search: [Google]
114881795.jpg
452 KB, 1639x1639
>>61128283
>>
>>61128250
this song was great when it first hit the radio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gtva7-d0hc&list=PLEvr99j7ruPxSVDzum79pq0Ev1qxvmd1Y
>>
>>61128280
I already listenend to night at the opera, im asking what next. Obviously ive heard bohemian rhapsody, pressure, we are the champions etc etc but I want to properly get into their discography now.

>>61128283
Thanks for the answer, i'll check out news of the world and queen 2, I really loved prophet's song.
>>
>>61128371
shit senpia thats pretty sick. Thanks
>>
>>61128381
Jazz is pretty great, even if it has a misleading as fuck title.
>>
Queen II
Jazz
A night at the opera

In that order.
>>
>>61128426
you're welcome....old fag her (54) Queen was so fresh and different when they first started getting airplay. Off of Day at the Races this was the epic song similar to Prophets Song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8yffYm0p4o&index=7&list=PLEvr99j7ruPxSVDzum79pq0Ev1qxvmd1Y
>>
>>61128537
why would you suggest jazz but not a day at the races

>>61128333
what does this even mean why do you do it only to me
>>
>>61128629
>why would you suggest jazz but not a day at the races

Got a point there m8. Just gave a quick answer
>>
>>61128250
Greatest hits
>>
>>61128611
Thanks again m8. I think I'll download a day at the races now too. Pretty cool to see a 54 yo on /mu/
>>
>>61128250

Jazz
>>
>>61128850
been a 4chan regular so to speak since 2008

I guess that makes me an old fag in several different ways. "Day at the Races" was a great album and the follow up album to " Night at the Opera" which I bought on 8-Track tape when I was 14...LoL..still aside from the dad rock Meme..Queen was a great and consistent band
>>
>>61129017
youre not 54
>>
>>61129057
born in 1961...do the math
>>
>>61128250
My favorite is Innuendo but I would either start with Queen II or News of The World
>>
>>61128850
also as a suggestion..If you like Queen...Check out some early Electric Light Orchestra.

Eldorado and Face the Music were great albums

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuvOPSycBl4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt6o03K_y54
>>
>>61129361
Ah yeah I've been meaning to look into them. Love the name. Theres so much damn music to listen to though, hopefully I'll get around to ELO soon!
>>
Just get the three greatest hits discs. Or really just the first two.
>>
>>61129510
Indeed....one can never listen to everything.
the musicality of Elton John was also very good in his early albums. Goodbye Yellow Brick Road's opening track. "Funeral for a Friend" starts out really slow but builds quickly in a hard rocking piano banging masterpiece ..also suggested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqNkMnLD_uE
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.