[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: soundtrack.png (144 KB, 400x364) Image search: [Google]
soundtrack.png
144 KB, 400x364
Is it any good?
>>
>>61127609
Damn it, I wanted to post it.
>>
>>61127554
The score? I, personally, thought it was good. /tv/ hates it but they hate everything. Normies don't care too much
>>
>>61127554

It's ok. Some of the tracks are really good, like Rey's theme. The rest isn't terribly notable.
>>
>>61127554
Is there a surefire way to erase a memory, maybe hypnosis?
The spoiler is haunting me
>>
>>61127554
Spotify was yelling at me to listen to it earlier today but I don't even give enough a shit to see the actual movie so, no clue.
>>
any rip of it online?
>>61127831
i knew the spoiler going into the movier and it was still amazing

good movies don't become shit if you know a major spoiler
>>
It's probably nothing but Wagner, Tchaikovsky, and Mahler symphonies copy-pasted together. Not that the lack of originality is a bad thing, but it's a reason not to put John Williams on a pedestal.
>>
>>61127929
lin manuel miranda is supposed to have done a song for it, that's what i most care about
>>
>>61127912
>>61127693

same as this guy. It's actually not really that important to the movie, it doesn't matter.
>>
>>61128401
Same, I knew the spoiler and even when it was happening I really enjoyed it
>>
>>61127831
Trust me, it's not true. C-3PO is a fucking traitor tho
:^)
>>
Soundtrack wise, nothing special
>>
>>61127929
Williams deserves to be put on a pedestal for how his scores influenced the industry. The music to Star Wars isn't just important because it's a nice sounding score, it's important because it dictated the sound of major block buster film scoring for the next two decades until Zimmer and his crew started to take the reigns.

Because of the success of the music to stuff like Star Wars, Raiders of the Lost Ark, and other soundtracks of that sort, other composers were allowed to flourish. We probably wouldn't have the best scores of Jerry Goldsmith, James Horner, Stu Phillips, Alan Silvestri, and a bunch others if producers and directors didn't tell them to go for that "Williams" style sound.
>>
>>61127554
I barely even noticed the soundtrack outside the classic opening, but it wasn't bad or anything.

The movie itself was good, but needed way more context relating to what happened between ROTJ and TFA.
>>
Movie is just a copy paste of Ep 4.
>>
>>61129463
P O E T R Y
O
E
T
R
Y
>>
>>61127554
>john williams
nope
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.