[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shit-hop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
File: RetardedNegro.jpg (40 KB, 306x459) Image search: [Google]
RetardedNegro.jpg
40 KB, 306x459
Can we all agree that hip-hop is shit? I mean from the 'trap' rap, to the 'conscious' Mos Def music which consists of rappers complaining about oppression, even the purported classics (e.g.Illmatic, Doggystyle, Reasonable Doubt, etc.) are all just so mediocre.

How can people actually enjoy this genre? Not only that but it's noxious culture has done far more harm than good.
>>
I'm a music conservatory graduate. I spent years analyzing music for grades, so when I come across something that's garbage, I know. Rap music has the melodic complexity of a train horn (actually less; train horns often are tuned to a tritone, which seem to be absent in Rap) and the lyrical complexity barely goes beyond a 3rd grade vocabulary. Not only is this music intended for ignorant audiences, it's intended to provoke ignorant young people into committing crimes, in order to fill the for-profit prisons in the US.
>>
whats especially cringe is people who say the lyrics are poetic
>>
>>61125569
Hiphop is the lowest common denominator of musical genres. It's low-brow music of the lowest brow. Any genre that prides itself or focuses on its lyrical content over instrumentation is shit, but the irony is there is nothing to be proud of in hiphop lyrics.
>>
>>61125627
this.
>>
That's because most of the good hip-hop these days comes from the UK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeVdKk6r9ec
>>
>hiphop will never go back to its roots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFk2grbdH8Q
>>
another obvious underage thread about
>hurr durr i don't like this music so how come other people like it?
hopefully you'll grow up one day and realize different people like different shit. once that's done and you still have a problem with that, you wouldn't be immature, just plain retarded
>>
>>61125741
Nice Eurocentric revisionist history. I'm sure you're the same guy who lambastes Negroes when they claim to be Ancient Egyptians, Moors, Ancient Israelites, etc. yet you except to believe that modern hip-hop originated centuries ago in Europe?

Please get the fuck out.
>>
>>61125831
you sure showed them xDDDDD epic..
>>
>>61125831
>>61125851
Why are you so assblasted, anon? And why are you assuming somebody's being racist?
>>
I'm not going to say I agree with the OP, and I'm going to tread really carefully here because I what I'm about to say could easily be spun as racist, but I kind of want hip hop to get out of vogue. Every song has sounded the same since 2002, it's time for a fucking changing of the guard already. Rapping really isn't very hard, and you can't really get that good at it, it's just been the same fucking sound getting retreaded over and over again for over a decade. Enough.
>>
>>61125929
but it makes white boys feel "manly" so it's going to be here for a long time
>>
>>61125929
>Every song has sounded the same since 2002
blatantly untrue

>Rapping really isn't very hard
>pulling the "I could do that" card
kys
>>
>>61125851
rap may not have originated in europe but modern rap as we know it sure as hell is white.

This was 1936, mind you. The first African-American rap song was in 1971.

>1:32
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmciuKsBOi0

also, how the fuck is what I posted racist, all I did was post a link to flyting.
>>
>>61125978
idk man I think something has gotta give eventually

I feel like I've been listening to In Da Club on a loop for nine years, I think everyone else will start to feel that way too.
>>
>>61125569
>i can't identify with having rhythm
>being aggressive
>hustling
>having sex
>liking women
>struggling
>pouring out your entire soul onto something

lmao sheltered middle class virgin can't hang. what the fuck else is new?

pull all the plugs
>>
>>61125996
you can

it isn't hard

rapping was novel and exciting when it first started but after 20+ years that's worn off
>>
>>61126039
It's very easy to do basic, bad rap. Just as it's easy to do basic, bad poetry.
>>
>>61126057
yeah, but it doesn't take that long to become good, and once you are "good" there isn't anything to differentiate you from the thousands of other good rappers because all rapping sounds the same, in broad strokes.

Saying your good at rapping is kind of like saying you're really good at eating chips. Like how good can someone possibly get at eating chips, really?
>>
>>61126057
>basic, bad rap
Just say rap, man.
>>
>'conscious' Mos Def music which consists of rappers complaining about oppression
>there are """""people""""" taking this b8 thread seriously

knit your socks lads,
>>
File: cackling.gif (297 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
cackling.gif
297 KB, 500x281
>>61126008
Rapfriends blown the fuck out
>>
>>61126104
There are like, hundreds of thousands of rappers making mix tapes and albums and literally only about ten or so released products even remotely worth listening to this year.

By the laws of averages the shit isn't easy.
>>
>>61125612
What do you think of harsh noise? It's not music and is garbage.
>>
>>61126022
>I identify with it so it's good.
Fuck off m8.
>>
>>61126159
>There are like, hundreds of thousands of rappers making mix tapes and albums and literally only about ten or so released products even remotely worth listening to this year.
thats extremely subjective

also I'd suppose that success in the hip hop industry is more connection and marketability based than raw rapping skill based
>>
>>61126189
what? harsh noise is an incredible example of abstract sound manipulation post-modern art of our time, and it is most certainly not shit.
>>
itt: dweebs who just discovered music theory try to disguise their racism
>>
>>61126258
postmodernism is shit you fucking idiot
>>
>>61126258
>noise
>not a neme

Lmao
>>
>>61126295
not settling for crap music that perpetuates racism churned out by a racist industry and purchased by racist people is not racist. rap is garbage but it's not black people's fault.
>>
>Judging music by genre and not by content

Pleb detected
>>
>>61126295
But anon, I'm Nigerian and I don't like hiphop. I'm more of a prog guy.
>>
>>61126303
>>61126330
>thinking that being a pleb is acceptable
fucking kill yourself
>>
>>61126221
>also I'd suppose that success in the hip hop industry is more connection and marketability based than raw rapping skill based

What amazing insight, I can't believe you managed to come to this conclusion all on your own, truly you're ahead of the times. It's almost like rap functions like most other genres where the most popular is normally entry level and the gems are hidden beneath the shit/mediocrity/overrated.
>>
I woke up to this shit >>61125569
and this shit >>61125741>>61126008>>61126136

/mu/ just falls further and further into the shitter
>>
>>61126008
If we really wanna get into this I mean The Dozens came way before this.
>>
>>61126107
>He doesn't know there's bad and good rap
>>
>>61126104
This is an outright lie
>>
>>61125569
>to the 'conscious' Mos Def music which consists of rappers complaining about oppressio

I dropped this after reading this cause it's just /pol/ bait
>>
File: u.jpg (77 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
u.jpg
77 KB, 600x600
>this entire thread
>OP
Every genre has good and bad artists/sub-genres. You're either autistic or just plain stupid.
>>
>>61125741
This represents the Downfall of /mu/
>>
>tfw imply modern hiphop is white
>all these hiphop fans try to fill in the blanks with racism that was never even hinted at or implied
>>
>>61126739
If he lost a couple of pounts and got that acne treated that dude would be pretty handsome.
>>
File: forty keks.jpg (34 KB, 292x257) Image search: [Google]
forty keks.jpg
34 KB, 292x257
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KqJAnW5hDA
>>
hard mode: watch for at least 10 minutes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSbtkLA3GrY
>>
>>61126883
This guy's entire channel is pretty spot on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIeTs3n5Cj0
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.