[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the appeal of noise music?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: 220px-Merzbow-pulsedemon.jpg (600 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
220px-Merzbow-pulsedemon.jpg
600 KB, 900x900
What's the appeal of noise music?
>>
What's the appeal of any music.. I like drone because it helps me focus. I haven't listened to noise but I assume it's probably close to the same reasons as to why people enjoy it
>>
Telling other people you listen to it, in order to feel superior
>>
File: 1448934026568.jpg (100 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1448934026568.jpg
100 KB, 960x720
>>61124044
>>
blowing yr eardrums off so you won't be able to hear ever again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhaEwmCgGpk
now with acoustic guitars
>>
why the fuck is this thread like this made once a week, you get it or you dont get it

enjoy it or stay the fuck away fom it
>>
>>61124070
ambient noise is similar to drone. harsh noise isn't though, it's way more abrasive and exhausting to listen to.
>>
It's about understanding as opposed to listening. Listening to all the layers and tones is very relaxing, even when the music is harsh.
>>
>>61124104
Welp then maybe that's why they like it. I like sludge metal because it's intense
>>
>>61124104
other anon. I still consider it ambient. Both focus on texture, just in different way.
>>
It's extremely captivating. One minute of your average noise piece has more content and variation than an entire album of a different genre.

Of course, noise as a genre is just as varied as music itself; You have busy sound collages (which are usually my favorite), 'junk' lo-fi noise like Gerogerigegege, computer made stuff... The list goes on :^) Just find something you like.
>>
>>61124208
rec me busy sound collages

only know negativland. (favorite album is its all in your head)
>>
>>61124261
Revolution 9
>>
>>61124142
that very difference is what distinguishes the genres.
>>
noise music is shit
>>
>>61124261
Adrian Rew, Ground-Zero, Les Sculpteurs de Vinyl are a few of my faves
>>
It's the obvious progression of rock aesthetics
>>
listen to the boredoms, then listen to a hanatarash album afterwards. see if that progression helps you understand it, maybe. maybe it won't, im not an expert.
>>
>>61124044
It really sucks that so many people listen to Pulse Demon to try out Merzbow. It's one of the worst things he's ever done.
>>
File: not.jpg (38 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
not.jpg
38 KB, 500x500
>>61124310
>>
Why is most noise such shitty memery? The aesthetic is almost always "lol so nasty and dark and brutal". Why can't it just be about using noisy noises to craft a song?
>>
>>61124044
it sounds like shit so people here will pretend to like it
>>
File: projecting.jpg (65 KB, 1300x866) Image search: [Google]
projecting.jpg
65 KB, 1300x866
>>61125088
>>61124071
>>
someone wrote LOL ITS COUNTERCULTURAL BECAUSE ITS NOT LIKE POP MUSIC and people fell for it
>>
Anger.
>>
>>61125083
> Why can't it just be about using noisy noises to craft a song?

this also exists, you just judge a book by its cover
>>
>>61124044
makes my nips hard
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.