[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who are the real cancer of mu? i think scaruffi drones, because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: PierpScaruffi.jpg (30 KB, 548x308) Image search: [Google]
PierpScaruffi.jpg
30 KB, 548x308
who are the real cancer of mu? i think scaruffi drones, because they just don't have their opinions
>>
people who enjoy music
>>
the entirety of /mu/
but whenever /pol/ comes in things get just a bit worse
>>
which one is worse, /mu/ or /a/?
>>
>>61122391
Ironic posting in any form is the real cancer.
It's worse than Death grips fans talking about fingering a girl at a concert.
It's worse than a million pointless forced Oceangrunge threads.
It's worse than some random artist trying to force their shit on here.

People who think other people are pretending to like something are always cancer, because even if they are, it doesn't help to point it out.
>>
scaruffi drones at least havd good taste, even if it isn't their own taste

p4kdrones, fantano drones and ktt-crossposters are way worse
>>
>people who rarely post extensively on /mu/ besides in Beatles and Bowie threads
>cancer

no it is, always has been, and always will be the people who rely on Pitchfork and other corporate magazines for their music taste and still insist they aren't listening to pop. also a dash of reddit, though you can't really tell the difference.
>>
>>61122468
This Tbh
>>
>>61122471
The scaruffi pastas are pretty annoying tho.
>>
>>61122468
if it isn't your own taste, then it isn't good taste

also a lot of scarufficore (royal trux especially) is trash
>>
>>61122488
i'd rather deal with two pastas posted by fans of those acts who are trying to do le epic strawman of people who dislike them than deal with thread after thread after thread of "AOTY 2015" that magically have the same like 10 albums mentioned over and over. Scaruffists won't go out of their comfort zone, so they won't shit up discussions of non-Scaruffi music. p4k fans are always convinced that they have the hottest take on new electronic music because of Jamie xx, etc. much worse.
>>
>>61122488
(not true, by the way)
>>
>>61122488
tortoise and slint trve post-rock XD godspeed crescendocre XDDDD
>>
>>61122458
/nig/
>>
>>61122498
i dont care for royal trux too, but still, i'd rather have a thread about it than another one about beach house or fucking death grips
>>
>>61122545
you can try to get the upper hand here, but nothing you say will be as embarrassing as liking crescendocore
>>
>>61122657
just end this meme
>>
>>61122498
> royal trux
> trash
Someone hasn't listened to jet pet or ape oven
>>
>>61122701
never gonna happen
>>
>>61122479
Stop bypassing the filters.
>>
>>61122751
i bypassed your mom's filter last night s︂︂m︂h t︂b︂︂h f︂︂a︂m
>>
>>61122657
if you inironically think that godspeed is crescendocore you are dumb
>>
The people who spam the same thread every day, often for months on end. Sometimes 10 or 20% of the catalog comprises that kind of autistically reposted shit.

The people who drag politics or gender issues or any current meme/obsession etc into /mu/ and weakly try to disguise it as a music thread.

The people who make threads with an OP of one line of lyrics in all caps.

The people who respond to the above posters thus ensuring theyll carry on doing it.
>>
The real cancer of /mu/ are the people who come to this board and assert that:

>listening to pop music
>listening to rap
>not being a red-pilled /pol/tard

--are new phenomena and evidence of reddit's influence on this board. There is no "poptimism" members --there have always been people on this board who like pop and top 40 shit. That's nothing new.

It's also not new to have a few far-right race-obsessed rap haters show up in threads. But it's gotten out of control. You can't have a discussion about rap without "cuck" and accusations of being a race traitor thrown around.

The fucked up thing is this new wave of hardcore right-leaning rap-hating militant anti-pop rockism that's starting to take over the board and call everyone a cuck is that it accuses the culture that's always been here --that is, /mu/'s identity as a liberal board and a board that looks down on people who dismiss entire genres-- this new rockist/rightist thing is calling that longstanding identity a meme and a reddit infestation.
>>
Fantanodrones are definitely the worst.
Pitchfork drones come in at a very close second.

>POWER GAP

RYM drones are pretty bad but not awful.
Scaruffi drones tend to have has pretty good taste imo. Probably because Scaruffi recognizes all the overated bullshit that Pitchfork, Fantano and RYM drones cream their pants over and then proceeds to relentlessly shit all over it.
>>
>>61122931
>rates avenged sevenfold album 7
>good taste
>>
>>61122916
>guys i'm not a newfag i was here in 2012 when we had tumblr threads xD
>>
>>61122462
there is nothing more selfish you can do on /mu/ than assume people are pretending to like/dislike something. the world doesn't revolve around you kids
>>
>>61122916
>new phenomena
You're the only thing that's new here. Everything you said is either false or greatly exagerrated. Poptimism on /mu/ may not be a new phenomenon but the overwhelming amount of poptimism here is a recent phenomenon.

>complaining about the cu.ck meme
That's a sitewide phenomenon you fucking newfag retard.

>associating "rockism" with rightism
Go back to reddit.
>>
People who use the "go back to Reddit" phrase.
Yeah, i know, GO VAC 2 REDIT FAGET!
>>
scaruffi is shit
>>
>>61124725
unusually appropriate trip
>>
>>61122798
>implying creschendos are bad
>>
not exclusive to /mu/, but the people who shit themselves over some basic 4/4 verse chorus verse chorus song because the ableton preset used on the synth is a bit "different" from top 40
>>
File: 1446905249754.jpg (38 KB, 555x448) Image search: [Google]
1446905249754.jpg
38 KB, 555x448
>Why are there age limits? why is it illegal to marry a 12-year old?

>A family without a man or without a woman goes against biology, and probably has psychological consequences for which the entire society will have to pay.

>But what makes you think that a family with two men and three women wouldn't be good parents of their children? Or that a 15-year old mother married to a 50-year old man wouldn't be a better parent than a 35-year old mother married to a 26-year old man?
>>
>>61124805
the takeaway from this is that polygamy should be legalized

(the 1% rejoices)
>>
>>61124805
seems reasonable
>>
People who don't dig up music to listen to using allmusic, discogs, looking through labels and mostly listen to what /mu/ recommends them from charts etc. That and waifuists and memerap fans. Also the "look mommy I'm patrician" brand of tryhards who shit on anything that gets discussed a lot on /mu/.

So most people on /mu/ I guess
>>
>>61125416
oh and /pol/ shitters and tumblrfags.

Also I don't like how people always just post a jpg of an album. Post a track from youtube, fuck.
>>
I am, obviously.
>>
>>61125656
No.

It is I.
>>
>>61122931
Fucking this. Fantano drones are literal cancer.
>>
File: total trash.png (72 KB, 377x415) Image search: [Google]
total trash.png
72 KB, 377x415
>>61125487
>Post a track from youtube, fuck.

Found the Reddit!
>>
>>61125833
Would the cancer killing /mu/ get dubs? I don't think so.
>>
File: 1422468850205.jpg (162 KB, 480x708) Image search: [Google]
1422468850205.jpg
162 KB, 480x708
>>61125931
dubs and I'm cancer
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.