[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
help i can't stop listening to young thug
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 181x181) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 181x181
help i can't stop listening to young thug
>>
even the cup..
>>
HALFTIME
>>
>>61120862
HALF A PERC HALF A ZAN MAKE IT HALFTIME
>>
>>61120975
Even the hair match my nan's, damn..
>>
>>61120975
HALF A PINT POUR UP AN 8 MAH NIGGA HALFTIME
>>
continue listening to young thug
>>
drinking on the diesel like a piiiiiiiiiiiiiig
>>
why do white people like young thug? they cant relate to him at all.
>>
Near the pinnacle of modern music, Thug's repertoire is so unfairly glazed over in the overly white sophisticate as to make me sick, but to make such beautiful, inspiring works into mere trap anthems (though that they are, in part) would be to reduce one of the most amazing careers in music ever to nothing more than that of a typical Lean sippin' nigga, and that treatment may be a fate even worse than public ignorance.

The works on display here are titanic. "Constantly Hating" opens the set, and immediately, it is revealed that there is such a thing as a populist minimalist. But that is the name of the game for Thug - a shatterer of preconceived notions, and one of the very few in the avant-garde to make John fucking Cage seem conservative by comparison. I could go on for days about how "With That" though the worst of the set, far outstrips the careers of most modern composers entirely; how "Check" is a more "classical" approach for Thug, and it succeeds endlessly; how his highly political "OD" could easily be called the greatest triptych ever conceived in music; and how the "Just Might Be" separates the most impactful bars of music I've yet heard.

But I won't.
>>
>>61120858
damn...
>>
>>61122869
the main difference between young thug and eastman is that thugger's music is actually good and innovative
>>
>>61122841
i hate this question so much.
unique voice, great melodies and banging beats.
does what is very popular right now in a very eccentric way.
he's an interesting personality.
now please stop asking.
>>
>>61122841

its not about relating

its like snorting eight lines of coke and smoking a blunt audibly
>>
>>61122841
>i need to relate personally to music to like it
>>
File: tumblr_m2shy4dIV61ru44ono1_500.jpg (62 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m2shy4dIV61ru44ono1_500.jpg
62 KB, 500x375
>>61122869
>>
>>61120854
daily reminder all memerap belongs on reddit
>>
>>61122986
but you do, that's the reason white people like things like indie rock so much, because you dont face the problems other gorups face so the only thing you can relate to is some sad guy whining about a girl while strumming a ukulele.

>inb4 I HAVE face problems, my parents got divorced, my dog died, and my nana and papa died!
>>
>>61123001
daily reminder you should kill yourself
>>
>>61122988
This picture is very sad
>>
>>61123023
then why do white people like hip hop so much? or metal? or punk?
>>
>>61123023
uh, im black dude, not cool
>>
>>61123023
only for plebs like u
>>
>>61123028
stop posting reddit
>>
>>61123068

hehe you showed them hehe
>>
>>61123023
what's a gorup
>>
young thug is what i imagine jar jar binks would sound like rapping
>>
young thug is trash and /mu/ has gone to the plebs

fuck you people
>>
>>61120858
damn...
>>
>>61123068
reddit hates young thug

>>61123126
young thug is literally one of the most authentic and genuine artists of all times
>>
>>61123100
group

>>61123055
prove it

>>61123051
i have no clue t b h. though it is important to remember that the rapper white people like the most is a white male who raps about killing him mommy, his ex wife and doing drugs. While white people dont really face the problems other groups face they're an extremely angry group for some reason, that is why they enjoy punk and metal.
>>
>>61123126
>I only listen to REAL music like Beach House, Tame Impala, the list goes on
>>
>>>/facebook/

fuckin teens i swear
>>
>>61123168
reddit loves memerap
>>
>>61123206
young thug isnt memerap, he's the bridge between art music and pop music
>>
>>61123180
look, if your life is so fucking pathetically boriing that you're actually posting here, at least have some fucking pride and don't hawk and whore pleb normie shit

I'm sure there's tons of people on Twitter who would love to talk about young thug, maybe try that out
>>
>>61123181
>>61123126
>>61123240
stop, samefagging pleb
it's not our problem that you dont get young thug
>>
>>61123175
because music doesn't need to be relatable. i like johnny cash, future, autechre, burzum and current 93. none of it is particularly relatable to me.
>>
>>61123276
It's not that I don't get young thug

It's that I've never fucking listened to a young thug song and I never will because I'm not a trendhopping bottom feeder
>>
Because you're attracted to minimalistic pop music with no artistic integrity. You value catchy simplistic melody over constructive, complex musicianship, that's why you can't stop listening to young thug. I'll pray for you tonight, nobody must feel good if they listen to this tripe repeatedly.
>>
>>61123312
thanks i need it
>>
>>61123302

>"It's not that I don't get young thug"
>implying you get it
>"i have literally never listened to him"

good logic
>>
>>61123312

there's a reason more people like pop music than your "complex musicianship"
>>
>>61123293
>because music doesn't need to be relatable

stopped reading there. yes it does. you can relate to most of the artist you listed because they are white.
>>
>>61123302
>refusing to listen to music because of stereotypes

that's fucking sad
are you 15 years old?
>>
>>61123302
>trendhopping
thug is here to stay, reddit

>>61123312
we get it, you're an inauthentic poser. you dont understand music and you never will. go back to reddit
>>
>>61123341
yup

keep enjoying your flavor of the month garbage pleb tumblrdrone fuck
>>
>>61123393
thug is here to stay, reddit

stay mad ;^)
>>
>>61123419
>le epic new "every post is reddit post" meme
such a reddit post
>>
>>61123389
good post
>>
>>61123443
i'm not the one with inauthentic sensibilities

i guarantee you play video games and your favorite movie is pulp fiction
>>
>>61123419
>>61123443
also
>newtrip calling people reddit
literally die
>>
>>61123389
this "music needs to be relatable" logic is stupid

no one would listen to instrumental music if it was true

>>61123312
not really
>>
>>61123465
>newtrip

even if i was, you are at the bottom of the argument pyramid
>>
>>61123461
>I listen to young thug because of peer pressure and I'm accusing other people of having "inauthentic sensibilities"
>>
>>61123493
So you admit you enjoy inherently anti-art entertainment?
>>
>>61123312
Name your top 10 favorite baroque composers, oh Mr. Patrician
>>
>>61123489
>even if i was
you are
>>
>>61123513
No I'm not
>>
>>61123511
how the fuck are you drawing that conclusion from what I said you tryhard nonintellectual poser
>>
>>61123534
Because you didn't refute me when I said you enjoy video games and Pulp Reddit

you need to be specific with your posts, chief
>>
>>61123566
because it literally did not warrant a response

for all your talk about "bottoms of argument pyramids" you sure do like to throw the word reddit around
>>
>>61122841
>>61123001
>>61123126
>>61123181
>>61123302
>>61123312
*sigh* about time these types leave their 'opinions' here
>>
>>61123598
reddit is more than just an insult, it is an anti-art sensibility that (sadly) the majority of /mu/ holds
>>
>>61123616
fuck off newfag
>>
>>61123618
you're fucking with me right

you cannot be serious
>>
>>61123655
I am.
>>
>>61123628
>newfag
says the redditor
go back to your grimes thread
>>
>>61122947
He's just a dumb nigger, and you are an aspie white.
>>
>>61123668
alright how bout you stop taking the dynamics between internet meme boards a little less seriously with your community college intro to art class terminology you fucking teenager
>>
>>61123674
no u reddit
>>
>>61123694
Nice ad hominem
>>
Young Thug just might be the most important musician of his generation. Barter 6's barely there production doesn’t so much frame his rapping as it does provide a surface for his words to dance upon, to explore the art of rapping in multiple dimensions: melodically, rhythmically, lyrically, and in terms of composition. His voice glides through the thick absence of sound. He’s responsible for a lot of the songwriting; he knocks out his own hooks, and his writing speaks to his use of phrasing, his backgrounds, the flows he uses, and the way he plays with each song’s internal architecture. On “Halftime,” his car-screech adlibs are elongated—it’s as if a camera panned suddenly from a pinprick of light, causing it to blur—so he can change tones, harmonizing this background yelp with his own main vocals.

His lyrical style stands out in a number of ways; the most obvious is his ear for figurative language. Thug’s similes often build upon familiar imagery, but move in unexpected directions. On “Check,” he opens rapping about a “Mink coat with the rolls like a Shar Pei”; later on, he raps, “All my niggas, they hard, call them beetles.” These aren’t punchlines intended to get rap fans doubling over laughing (although they can be funny in their unpredictability). Thug seems more interested in an original and idiosyncratic approach to imagery, in discovering pathways in language that haven’t already been heavily traveled.

In this, his lyrical approach is closer to a rapper like Raekwon than it is Lil Wayne, with whom Thug is frequently compared through some fault of his own. But any close reading of his lyrics suggest comparisons between The Barter 6 and Wayne’s Carter series, for which it is named, are a total misdirection. Where Wayne shredded his vocals against hip-hop’s formal constraints, Thug is a synthesist, a rapper of control, an artist in the process of reassembly.
>>
>>61123729
you're literally 15
>>
>>61123744
I'm not but whatever you say, pseudo-intellectual
>>
>>61123772
>pseudo-intellectual
coming from a guy who literally said "reddit is more than just an insult, it is an anti-art sensibility" earlier

you cannot be a real person
>>
>>61123801
Whatever you say :^)
>>
>>61122841
I only like Check.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0x6FEDV-ig

I can't bring myself to bother checking out more of his songs after looking up the lyrics. I feel like an idiot listening to him if I can only do it ironically.
>>
>>61123814
die
>>
>>61120858
damn...
>>
>>61123455
thanks, i have fun blowing these fags the fuck out
>>
>>61123389
im pale as fuck and like a lot of black musicians like flying lotus, wtf.
>>
>>61123023
>He can't relate to the struggles described in gangsta rap metaphorically

Wew lad, getting art isn't hard, but you make it look that way
>>
For the people in this thread who don't like Thugger: what's like being a pleb?
>>
>>61123469
>no one would listen to instrumental music if it was true
I'm sure you could relate to the atmosphere emotionally though or some shit like that.
>>
>>61123968
how blown out is your asshole from dickriding every new buzzrapper that comes out
>>
Young Thug has a natural talent for melody, that's it
Theres nothing more to it, and this is coming from a fan of his, I've been listening to him daily for the last couple of months and I agree that his flow is amazing and all that but stop trying to make it deeper than it is
Young thug is a clueless idiot, watch literally any video of him speaking. His lyrics have zero depth apart from a couple of sort of creative metaphors and similies
>>
ooga booga get the paper yall
>>
young thug is shit
>>
>>61120854
killing self is the most sober headed option
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.