[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on this piece of trash?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: Cournetbarnett.jpg (134 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
Cournetbarnett.jpg
134 KB, 1500x1500
Thoughts on this piece of trash?
>>
dylanesque
>>
I cannot begin to describe the disdain I have for this sort of music. To be honest, if I focus really hard on the instruments, shut out the vocals and pretend that they were being sung by someone tolerable and with lyrics that aren’t embarrassing, I can potentially see why this isn’t bad. But the truth is that she is there, she is awful, she is unbearably moronic and she does ruin any little bits of skill that the drums or guitars bring in. After one of my friends declared Barnett his “new waifu” I decided to check this out, and after confronting him about this absolute nonsense, he made a comment along the likes of only enjoying it to impress girls at parties. This album is exactly the sort of think that those teenage girls who listen to “indie” as an image or a statement would lap up. They’ll talk about the bad vocals as “dylan-esque”, and will break into singing quotes from the frankly embarrassing lyrics whenever they can, because they’re SO ME XD, snapping up lines like “I want to wash out my head with turpentine cyanide” as if they’re extremely meaningful poetry. And jesus, I haven’t even mentioned the accent. If there was ever a convincing case for a nuke heading right to the middle of Australia’s eastern coast, this is it. An album filled with nonsense psuedo-meaningful ‘indie’ lyricism, complete with an image you’d expect one of those Sundance films advertised as indie (but actually aren’t), mostly forgettable instrumentation and songwriting, and one of the worst voices you’ve ever heard. Is there anything worse?
>>
>>61116605
it's funny how many of you guys are actually like the autistic source of this pasta
if anything (e.g. Pinkerton) has playful lyrics, maybe that mock children, you completely panic about how "bad" they are
>>
>>61116422
cringe lyrics over really basic rock music. had a couple of OK moments but its mostly garbage
>>
>>61116605
classic pasta
>>
>>61116639
/mu/ loves Pinkerton though
>>
>>61116876
which is funny because Weezer sucks and Courtney Barnett doesn't.
>>
thankfully the amerifats are stuck with her now
>>
>>61116932
time to deport that cow to koalaland
>>
>>61116932
Courtney Barnett is the Rebel Wilson of music
>>
I really like it tbqh family
>>
I think it's very interesting in its dullness.
The lyrics are about very everyday situations, and the backing music is also very ordinary.
It's only interesting because it reflects most peoples everyday experience better than a lot of modern music.
>>
>>61117414
DUDE MELBOURNE LMAO
>>
>>61116422
Nothing bad about it.
>>
>>61117414
Oh hey you just described every pop country song
>>
Ticks every mark on the list for "shitty acoustic indie album": poorly-drawn album art, annoying singer, pretentiously-empty lyricism, vapid instrumentation, and an undeservedly-high score from a renowned music-reviewing site.
>>
>>61117509
I don't think you'd find the lyrics
>I stare at the lawn, it's Wednesday morning
It needs a cut but I leave it growing
All different sizes and all shades of green
Slashing it down just seems kind of mean
in a pop country song

It's not even an interesting observation, it doesn't tell a story, it's just a mundane thought among many others. Sure you can read into it, but at face value it's just incredibly dull.
>>
>>61116422
I fucking hate how indie people have to be lol so random to market themselves now
>>
>>61117604
i dont enjoy the album, but saying that art isnt good because it treats mundane stuff is the epitome of pleb
>>
>>61117795
That's what I'm saying, it's interesting BECAUSE of its dullness
>>
>>61117518
I'm Australian and I fucking hate her.
>>
>>61118011
GFY
>>
>>61116422
It's shite m8.
>>
I like it
>>
>>61118997
fuck you lol
>>
>>61116422
PUT ME ON A PEDESTAL
>>
>>61116422
Fun album. Not all music has to take itself completely seriously.
>>
>>61116896
>>>/hell/
>>
>good songwriting
>even better lyrics
>amazing delivery

it's a great album. i remember when /mu/ enjoyed things that were fun and catchy. you guys are worse than nigger-pandering p4k at this point.

>muh avant garde

fuck your shit. most of the records you praise each year will not be remembered. talk to me when your dry dick finally gets sucked for listening to bands no one cares about
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.