[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Meeting a girl recently >Really pretty >Nice >Things
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 6
File: 1419276460727.jpg (61 KB, 500x539) Image search: [Google]
1419276460727.jpg
61 KB, 500x539
>Meeting a girl recently
>Really pretty
>Nice
>Things are going well
>Finally think I've gotten lucky
>She asks to listen to some of my music
>Let her listen to Dead Flag Blues by GSYBE
>About 2 minutes in she stops and tells me it's too boring
>Check her music
>Drake
>Izzy whateverthefuck
>Taylor Swift
>Etc
>Mfw I know I'll never be happy with her and will have to break up soon
>>
>>61113189
>not giving her recs closer to her taste and going from there

How does it feel to be a fucking sperg?
>>
tldr
>I'm a 16 year old faggot who defines people by their ipod
>>
she's better off without a faggot like you, family.
>>
ur too alt for her!!!! screw the man..
>>
jesus christ did you really come out of the gate with the dead flag blues like did you expect her to sit and listen to your shit for twenty minutes
>>
>>61113215
>closer to her taste

The fuck do I know about top 40
>>
>>61113252
>implying you weren't a top40 drone 6 months ago

are you just memeing us?
>>
>>61113246
When I first listened to Providence I was hooked
>>
She was a normie to begin with.
Good for you OP.
>>
>>61113262
Thanks m8
>>
>>61113252
I didn't realize I was replying to a clinical retard.

Sorry for your intellectual disability
>>
>>61113252

If she likes top 40, she'll probably like synthpop and minimal synth. If she likes Drake she'll probably like Deangelo. Use your brain.
>>
>>61113189
if your definition of compatibility is "likes the same music" then you have zero understanding of relationships and need to grow up
>>
>Drake
>Izzy whateverthefuck
>Taylor Swift

Two of these are mucore and one, though untalented, has some catchy singles. What's the prproblem?
>>
>>61113262
>>61113272
Drop the samefag routine
>>
>>61113282
He's a feelscore faggot, all he listens to is post-rock and emo revival
>>
File: Selection_437.png (8 KB, 359x110) Image search: [Google]
Selection_437.png
8 KB, 359x110
>>61113294
>>
>>61113189
so she likes boring pop shit instead of boring post rock shit? i dont really see the problem here. both of you are entitled to listen to your boring shit, doesnt mean you need to end the fuckin relationship
>>
>>61113286
The're all shit.
>>
>he would rather listen to shitty post rock instead of upbeat pop

She should dump your ass to be honest.
>>
>>61113314
Her dreams are reflected in her choice of music. Sooner or later she would want to change OP into a normie, watch normie films, wear normie clothes, say normie things.
>>
>>61113286
all 3 are abjectly disgusting "art".
>>
Learn to like drake and she'll learn to like your shit if you ease into it. Trust me, drake is actually about as good as pop music gets these days.

If not, grow the fuck up the fucks the matter with you.
>>
let me guess, you like death grips
>>
>>61113329
god i wish all you tumblr fags that just discovered the term "normie" would fuck off
>>
>>61113360
cis normie detected
>>
I'm so confused by this thread. Do you expect every woman to have the same music taste as you? My wife and I have different tastes in music. She thinks Korn and Slipknots' self titled albums are actually good.
>>
File: 1407731073963.jpg (611 KB, 2301x1834) Image search: [Google]
1407731073963.jpg
611 KB, 2301x1834
>>61113408
He justifiably doesn't want to date Type Zeros.
>>
>>61113329
I've seen this happen many times

OP did the right thing
>>
>>61113408
>She thinks Korn and Slipknots' self titled albums are actually good.

i would have sex with your wife while scissors plays on repeat. tell her i said that
>>
Even if you absolutely had to insist on starting her on GYBE, you start her on a song that begins with just a voice reading a depressing script over some ambient music and strings?

If you had to start with something at least do Storm or Mladic, something even slightly accessible to a normie.

You're a retard regardless.
>>
>>61113452

Fuck you dude.
>>
>>61113408
I bet she's fat
>>
>not dating someone because of the bad taste in music
Shame on you buddy, shame on you
>>
>>61113420
>Metal
>even in the chart
>>
File: in_the_aeroplane-turns_ten.jpg (90 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
in_the_aeroplane-turns_ten.jpg
90 KB, 450x450
OP you could have rescued her, taking her to higher planes of musical consciousness. To the figurative aeroplane over the sea.
>>
>>61113420
the thumbnail looked like guitar hero
>>
>>61113431
And what's stopping him from converting her? If anything it would be easier if the music OP listens to is really that good
>>
>>61113547
>>61113514
Now if OP only had some sort of time machine...
>>
>>61113501

This. OP just sounds confused.

I'm a well-read guy who has great taste in film and music to boot; here's a PROTIP:

Chemistry is the only thing that really matters. That's it. That's everything. If you are acting like a pretentious ass irl over what kind of media you consume then you fell for the fucking memes, son. Get over yourself.
>>
>>61113558
>>61113547
Sorry for having standards guys.
>>
File: 1449010687470.jpg (62 KB, 750x736) Image search: [Google]
1449010687470.jpg
62 KB, 750x736
>>61113580

Either woefully naive or ragebaiting.

I'm out.
>>
>>61113593
Some people draw the line at completely opposite thoughts about art.
>>
>>61113605

So you really are this naive.

Damn.

And tell me, O paragon of intellect - do you even read? You seem to think yourself in a position to shit on this girl for having bad taste. You wouldn't be a dilettante yourself, would you? Surely not.
>>
>>61113639
Didn't shit on anything. I extended my right to choose.
>>
>>61113639
>literally doing the exact same thing as OP
>>
>>61113647

As with all things real erudition requires one to work hard for it. Namedrops won't suffice if you really want to be cultured.

But if your little dilettante heart is so badly set on playing pretend then you go right on ahead with this sorry posturing. If your ego is really that delicate and you need the facade that badly.
>>
>>61113452
Same
>>
>>61113661

>implying

There is a difference between flexing anonymously on 4chan and being a try hard literal cunt in real life. He has crossed the line into full sperg territory and he should be rightly shamed so he learns better and stops being a sperg. These posts are helpful and informative and the future non-sperg OP will be thankful that he was shamed into avoiding a potentially more spectrum path in life.
>>
>>61113711
>uses long words to convince people that his opinion is objectively correct
>>
>>61113711

You sound like a lil bitch
>>
>>61113817
>>61113821

I'm doing it because I can you simple simon ass cunts. I am correcting OP and beating him at his own game at the same time to make him feel as small as the "plebs" he tries to shit on.

This whole patrician/pleb dicho thing is a joke.

Only goofy spergs believe in this shit.
>>
everyone starts out a pleb. give her some basic good music like radiohead or something.
>>
File: 1429290156806 - Copy.jpg (37 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1429290156806 - Copy.jpg
37 KB, 600x600
And the award for "Most Autistic Post of the Last 20 Minutes" goes to >>61113711, for his/her/xir enlightening, ironically hypocritical diatribe against someone he/she/xer had never actually spoken with over such heavy matters such as shoddily-founded accusations of charlatanry, and the overuse of the word "dilettante"; which he/she/xir most certainly didn't just learn from last Saturday's installment of the local Public Access educational television programming.

It's kinda wonky to go off on someone for namedropping to appear 'patrician' when they've named no names aside from those relevant to the discussion, don't you think?
>>
>>61113860
>make him feel small for shitting on plebs
>shitting on a pleb

you're literally doing the exact thing you just described lmao
>>
>>61113870
>>61113878

>two retards missing the point completely

There is a difference between shitposting on this toilet of a website and actually trying to act like a shitposting faggot in real life.
>>
>>61113910
>implying you have any kind of point to make with this other than to try and seem superior to a couple of anons on /mu/

i wish i had your direction in life buddy
>>
>>61113943

>i wish i had your direction in life buddy

He says whilst posting on 4chan in the exact same thread.

>>implying you have any kind of point to make

I've made a pretty great one, try reading the thread. Hint: It involves not being an asshole in real life.
>>
>>61113910
"No guy's I'm being i r o n i c don't you get it?"

If OP wants to choose his partner over her taste in music and her outright not liking the music he likes, he has every right to do so.

Pussy isn't special, and you don't have to throw yourself under a bus to get it.

"But it's just music lol he's such a sperg for breaking up with her over that i bet she's really cool can i have her number lol"

If their taste in music is incompatable, that's an indicator that they wouldn't mesh on deeper aspects of personality either.

If she's just a hookup, it doesn't matter what she listens to and he probably wouldn't stop fucking her if she listened to Top 40.

If he was thinking about committing to a relationship with her and she goes into the relationship already set against something as important to him as music, it's already set up to come apart later.

TL:DR - Dude, it's like, his decision, man. Girlfriends don't have tenure. You can end a relationship at any time for any reason without having to justify yourself to random autists online.
>>
>>61113869

>give her some basic good music like radiohead or something.
>>
>>61113985
>actually insightful post on the four chans
>>
>>61113985

>without having to justify yourself

He specifically made a thread about it. Clearly he wanted it to be a point of discussion.
>>
>>61113981
>He says whilst posting on 4chan in the exact same thread.

lol dude i'm just sat at work right now using this as some casual entertainment.

it's worrying you put this much effort into being right on the internet where literally nothing matters
>>
>>61114014

>actually reading that long post
>>
>>61114028
How do you get through books?
>>
>>61114021

I'm rolling a bunch of smokes for tonight and this thread is a distraction as I do it. I don't really care.

If he wants to keep being a try hard cunt in real life then that's on him I guess.
>>
>>61114034

>How do you get through books?

i dont. never finished a book. i did read most of the lord of the rings though. skipped the last chapter.
>>
>>61114047
and you apparently
>>
Only non-spergs in this thread are OP and >>61113985
>>
>>61113274
ilaffed irl thanks
>>
>>61114047
You're a loser dude
>>
>>61114165

>and you apparently

Keep giving bait responses if you want but you know that I am right. Shitposting doesn't have anything to do with actual conduct irl. All of these try hard anons who cling to their choices in art as an excuse to write off common people forget that it's the pathos and trials of those very same people that inspired so many great artists to produce those works of art. Without those common people that art wouldn't even exist. If you really want to be "patrician" then you need to learn how to listen. It's all in the resonance. And if someone doesn't share your taste is art then that shouldn't be enough to write them off. Your personal resonance should be enough. Anything else is vanity and hubris.

Don't be faggot in real life, kids. It's transparent and anemic. Be a dope cunt. Not a little shit cunt.
>>
>>61114556
You don't sound very dope. In fact you sound like a shit.
>>
>>61114527
see
>>61114556

Don't get triggered.
Just get over your pretensions.
>>
Why are there so many people on /mu/ that don't give a shit about music?

If I have a partner for life, it's not going to be with someone that treats music as just some bullshit ambiance.

Like are you all that fucking desperate for pussy?
>>
>>61114592
it's fucking post rock not some avant garde shit. i bet ur a death grips fan
>>
>>61114569

Hah.

Go and get em, killer. You are amazing and they are nothing. They will never know life like you do.
>>
>>61114667
I'm not commenting on OP's taste, I'm commenting on the people saying not to give a shit about your partner's taste
>>
>>61114592
this 2bh, it' like you fags think that sex suddenly makes you happy, not realizing that the reason you're not happy is the same reason no chick wants to fuck you: you're and boring, pretentious, awful human beings
>>
>talking to a girl who I'm into
>we start talking about music
>says she likes arctic monkeys, radiohead
>okay thats cool
>suggest she listen to neutral milk hotel, in the aeroplane over the sea is my favorite album of all time (>nmh)
>turns out she loves them too, can recite every word of every song
>im in love
>>
>>61114695

>he doesn't see how inherently pretentious valuing people based on their taste in music is

The cognitive dissonance here is crazy.
You have been in this hugbox for too long.
>>
>>61114750
>how inherently pretentious valuing people based on their taste in music is
[citation needed]
It's actually a good indicator to gauge intelligence.
http://www.psmag.com/books-and-culture/classical-music-linked-to-high-intelligence-27959
>>
>>61114726
>neutral milk hotel

what is it with people here and that shitty band and album. whats so good about it?
>>
>>61114838
>whats so good about it?
Ethereal lyrics and surprisingly complex harmonies.
>>
>>61114847

oh ok. so its over my head i guess.
>>
>>61114800

>[citation needed]

...What? A citation isn't even called for here because it is performative. You are quite literally enacting a pretense.

Holy fuck is this board shit.
>>
>>61114750
>valuing people based on their taste in music is

not ''taste'' or whatever you faggots call it, it's how important it's to them, if your biggest interest is music and your romantic partner doesn't give a fuck about it, it's gonna fail, and hard, because it shows you're not compatible and proves that you faggots just want pussy
>>
>>61114873

The insecure ramblings of a witless fucking clown.
>>
>>61114862
>Holy fuck is this board shit.

feel free to leave any time.
>>
>>61114898
How is what he said wrong?
>>
>>61114898
nice bantz, faggot
upvoted
>>
>>61115046
>faggot
You have been banned from r/music.
>>
>>61113420
I want you to know that I looked up nearly every genre/compositional style on that damn chart.

Other than xenharmonic, everything in Type IV and V is 2deep4U artistic liberal college bullshit.
>>
>meet qt
>Introduce her to American Football, Animal Collective, Julia Holter and Joanna Newsom
>Loves The Milk Eyed Mender and Divers
>Even though we had great chemestry she don't want to commit because she don't want to lose me
>Grow some balls and ditch her
Lost me anyways you bitch
>>
>>61113215

This. My wife doesn't like Arab on Radar and I don't like whatever that indie whisper singing stuff she's always listening to is but we can both jam to Mew in the car and that's good enough because I'm not 16 and music "isn't my life." Music is great and all but it's like the shallowest of the main entertainment hobbies to talk about, this forum only has activity because of pointless arguments, piracy and blogposts like this. Even if you share perfect musical compatibility with someone that isn't going to be enough to foster enough quality interaction for a week let alone a lifetime (or 20 years depending on how cynical you are).
>>
>>61115345

>didn't want to commit because didn't want to lose me

What do that even mean?
>>
>>61114009
>implying radiohead isn't the gateway to entry level patrician-core
>>
>>61115416
It means she's not attracted to him but doesn't want to be called a bitch
>>
>>61115416
She was afraid of us getting together and then breaking up. Something like that
>>
>>61113420
>cool jazz above big band bebop
Ahwell, I prefer cool anyway
>>
>>61115257
Musique concrete and field recordings can be really good senpai
Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.