[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think I'm addicted to this board.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: help.png (4 KB, 272x108) Image search: [Google]
help.png
4 KB, 272x108
I've been here since late April and I can't stop coming here every day for hours.

It's starting to take over my life. I've stopped going to my appointments, lost all contact with my mom and even dropped out of college. All I do now is listen to music that i find from here, download at least 10 albums per day and continue to post more and more.

I tried stopping but I can't.

Please help. I'm so lonely. And incase you think I'm trolling, here's my iTunes and notice the number of recently added albums. It's all from here. I really wish I had a life but this site has just made things worse. I have no friends. No future. No money.

Help.
>>
welcome to 4chan
>>
File: image.jpg (177 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
177 KB, 800x800
>>61111759
Welcome to hell son
>>
>>61111759

Trust me you'll get bored once you realize there's only a few people here who can actually think for themselves.
>>
become a music journalist, you're 80% there already
>>
>>61111759
>download at least 10 albums per day
interesting i have the same addiction to downloading music. a lot of which i never lissten to but i just cant stop downloading. ;/
>>
>>61111794
>music journalists listen to a lot of music

ahahahah how innocent
>>
>>61111773
/thread
You're here forever
>>
>>61111818
They did at one point. Usually precisely 1 month of college after which they got their job.
>>
>>61111792

I know, there's many shitty posts yet I can't stop coming just for the hope that one post will make me laugh or I'll find a rare obscure album I'll fall in love with. It's sad that music is my only obsession.

>>61111794

I've thought about this but I figure the market is already saturated and my opinions probably would just echo tons of others, why bother?...

>>61111806

Yeah, I literally have to check every single share thread and every album mentioned and Google image search every cover I don't recognize and then download them and stockpile until I un-rar/zip all of them and eventually listen to them one at a time and repeat the cycle. It's like I have to get more music to experience something I haven't. I can't stop.
>>
>>61111844

How many of those albums do you listen to twice or more?
>>
>>61111759
come on lad stop it.. thats depressing m8

whats ur fav album
>>
>>61111844
The market is already saturated, but you can carve out a niche. Regularity beats out quality in youtube. Do an album review every day for the next year. You'll get a nice following in no time.
>>
>>61111880

Of all time? Tied between Dandelion Gum & Geodaddi.

Right now? Ego Death or The Original Faces.

>>61111864

As I have been downloading more and more, the number is random, but if I really like it I generally will listen more than once.

>>61111889

Interesting idea, I have thought about it like I said... I feel like I could possibly but then again, the part of me that kind of wants to is unfortunately prevented by my general lack of motivation... hence why I still come here. The cycle continues. *sigh*
>>
I was a little bit like that at first, not quite to that extent. Discovering new music can get addicting.
Do you play any instruments? I recommend you start making your own music.
>>
>>61111759
Eventually you will be bored of all music
>>
>>61112061

I don't play any, do you think I should start?

>>61112077

Soon hopefully.
>>
>>61112106
Yeah give it a shot man. Keyboard and guitar are the cheapest and easiest to learn, but just pick something you like and follow online tutorials until you can handle the basics (don't give up quickly, it takes a while).
>>
>>61111759
Someone get this hothead out of here
>>
>>61113154
S-s-s-senpai. How do you even have time?
>>
>>61113269
copout. desu i just moved my music library to my new computer... also, i got 99% of the library from the what.cd freeleech
>>
LOL

I'VE BEEN HERE FOR A WHILE TOO BUT SHIT NOT LIKE THIS

YOU GOT IT BAD, BROTHER
>>
>>61111844
you sound like you may have ocd/adhd
>>
>>61111759
Just listen to kanye, it will help cure your beta.
>>
>>61111889
fucking great idea. OP you're already listening to an absolute fuckload of music, just choose one album you like and talk about it with a webcam microphone for 5 minutes.

Doesnt matter if it's shit as fuck, for a while at least not many people are gonna see it. Try i for a while and see how you like it and over time you can increase the production quality.

If Fantano can do it you can too
>>
>>61113472
I know, Fantano really doesn't bring anything special to the table. Sure, he's developed a bit of a sense of humor. People like him. But anyone with half a decent personality could do that.

Review-wise, there's nothing out of the ordinary.

I too want to make money off my addiction to music. Not sure how yet, but I think Youtube is a good idea. But like OP, I'm not sure what I can offer that would be new. I don't agree with just posting constantly, there also needs to be a quality there that attracts people who maybe don't like Fantano for whatever reason
>>
>>61113472
>>61113908
literal 15 year olds

go outside jesus
>>
>>61113948
lol ok
>>
>>61111759

Welcome to /mu/

Now get out
>>
>>61111936

>Listens to all that music
>Still has such shit taste.
>>
>>61111759
>Late April
Shit son, I've been here 5/6 years now.
>>
>>61112061

How do I write things that aren't total shit, or just stolen from other songs? As a follow on from that does anyone know any good online theory teaching websites?
>>
>>61111759
I was like you OP. Recently got into music and mu. Downloaded everything I can get my hands on. Listening to every album once. Then I saw this comment on reddit about powering through the /mu/ essential list.
https://www.reddit.com/r/LetsTalkMusic/comments/3sfpry/the_mu_essentials_and_taking_the_list_to/cwx5a90

>This is going to be controversial, but powering through such a large list may dilute the impact that these albums actually have. The common joke among concert goers is "I have heard of them, but I haven't heard them", and this in many ways falls into that category. Although you may be able to recognize an album after just listening to it once, the details, emotional impact, and obsession with details is lost, which (IMHO) is what makes these albums so amazing. It is great that you tried all of these albums, but I don't find this any more impressive than reading the spark notes for a number of great work of literature. Sure, you may get the general idea and know what you like in books, but you aren't as passionate about the author, their writing style, their growth, or the details of the book itself. I know the argument is that this is a great starting point for discovering more music, but some of these albums can be life changing, that it is a pity that they were only listened to once or twice, and then checked off.

Now I take the time to listen intently and really experience the albums.
>>
shut up you dumb frogposter
>>
>>61114625
The guy is right but once you've heard a lot of albums you will pretty much have an idea if you are enjoying the thing you are listening to on the first play, and decide if it's worth listening to it again.
>>
>>61114210
Fuck theory man, just play what sounds nice. If you are a fan of music you should already know some basics of chord progressions and rhythm without even realizing it. Trust your ears.
>>
File: protocols_full.png (2 MB, 2790x9886) Image search: [Google]
protocols_full.png
2 MB, 2790x9886
>>61111759
Here's some cool music for you to check out OP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcJqLHXML5Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqAvvwu0kMU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Cftwtlho4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVe7C5wvb44

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn4mVDtqi7g

As for your addiction, I had the same problem, but with /pol/
even though it's taken a toll on my personal life, at least I'm becoming more educated and will be able to use that knowledge to make a difference in the world. As for you OP, all of your music listening will lead you nowhere.
"occupy the people with any subject but politics."
-Protocols of Zion
>>
Hey OP and the other guy who was here: make a YouTube review channel right now and I bet that a few people on here will start subbing. Also, you'll have been birthed on my which will give you a bit of an underground following here
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.