[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mu/tants, what is your opinion on They Might Be Giants?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
/mu/tants, what is your opinion on They Might Be Giants?
>>
>>61111525
First times I heard them was on Tiny Toons and Kablam. I can't think of a reason to seek them out now but I wouldn't turn the dial if I heard them playing.
>>
Autistic sporkcore
>>
Peaked with Flood
>>
Ween if Ween wasn't interesting
>>
>>61111525
my introduction to music, really. my favorite.
>>
>>61111589
it's funny because it's one of their worst albums
>>
>>61111609
I'm overlooking any great TMBG if I only know Flood, Lincoln, Apollo 18, and S/T?
>>
>>61111609
I feel like the weakest point is with Road Movie to Berlin. Aside from that, it's pretty good.
>>
>>61111653
Their newest non-children's album, Glean, has some decent songs on it.
>>
>>61111601
you do realise they were way before ween right

not even comparable anyway
>>
>>61111601
Are Ween funny? I've never listened to them but part of the reason I like TMBG is that their music is so funny and gleeful
>>
>>61111700
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7M3EEHYkJ0

you decide
>>
>>61111653
yes, John Henry, Factory Showroom, The Spine, Join Us and Nanobots

all better than Flood

>>61111655
istanbul and particle man get old really fast. The self-titled song is total shit compared to the demo. never liked twisting either.

I always just assume that people are drawn to flood because of the nostalgia. I didn't discover TMBG until a couple years ago and sort of took all the albums in at once.

>>61111669
Glean is ok. I think Why? is more interesting musically for the most part
>>
>>61111782
Oh I like Factory Showroom but I missed the others. Cheers
>>
>>61111722
Interesting, not really what I expected. Certainly a different kind of humor than TMBG. Is all of their stuff pastiche?
>>
>>61111851
>Is all of their stuff pastiche?
not all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcdHMvWT1a4
>>
>>61111525
I dunno, are they giants?
>>
>>61111911
They might be
>>
>>61111911
For you.
>>
File: the-else-50161d647ed28.jpg (526 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
the-else-50161d647ed28.jpg
526 KB, 1000x1000
The Else is the best TMBG album, even the band admits it. Tightly structured, killer tunes, minimal levels of autism, production by the Dust Brothers.
>>
>>61112205
I always really hated Take Out The Trash and The Mesopotamians for some reason. They just rub me the wrong way. Rest is fantastic though, yeah
>>
They're fun without being comedy/spork
10/10 band, some of the first albums I listened to start to finish
>>
Experimental Film is their only great song everything else ranges from boring to okay. Fight me.
>>
>>61113292
what about doctor worm
>>
>>61111525
I don't know, can you repeat the question?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.