[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NEW BOWIE SINGLE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1
Can this man be stopped ?https://youtu.be/ZSt9RDIIa0k
>>
Not as good as Blackstar, but pretty alright.
>>
I THINK ITS PRETTY FUCKIN GREAT M8
>>
>>61111333
Nice quad trips
>>
Obviously being a shitty singer hasn't stopped him, so I don't think he can.
He's lucky he's such a good composer.
>>
http://pressingtonpost.com/entertainment/bowie-hires-jazz-artists-for-new-album/

Can Jazz do anything wrong??
>>
>>61111333
dam son
I really like blackstar cant wait for his whole new LP
>>
Pretty brash singing. He should really work on it. I love the lyrics and the somber songwriting though. Since this is only the 4th David Bowie song I've listened to I'd imagine the songwriting is the bulkiest reason for his acclaim.
>>
Jeez louise it's so good, I am really looking forward to Blackstar
>>
are those horns note4note from the glow pt 2?
nice song tho. production is thicc a f
>>
loving this track
>>
>>61112968
Shit, only the fourth? Go listen to 70s Bowie this instant, anon.
>>
>>61111333
>releasing magnus opus at 68
He is not a man, he is a starman.
>>
>>61115061
he's not a gangster
>>
>>61115036
Where should one start?
>>
>>61115219
Station to Station is his best imo, but the best thing to do is go chronoligically, they're all good
>>
that's a nice song and I don't even like bowie
>>
>>61115219
His best tracks off the top of my head:

>Station to Station
10 minutes long, builds from drony guitars into some fucking mental disco funk rock orgasmic fusion. Probably his best song.

>Heroes
You may already know this one, best explained as dark, brooding art rock I suppose.

>Sound and Vision
Synthy and electronic, simple but so sweet

>The Width of a Circle
8 minute hard rock/metal epic

>Aladdin Sane
Jazzy and melancholic, with a sublime piano solo

There's so many brilliant Bowie tracks to pick from, from so many genres, but I think those cover a nice spread
>>
>>61115219
his best song is probably Ashes to Ashes btw
>>
Blackstar was good but this sounds INCREDIBLY dated. Like a Pink Floyd rip off. 4/10 track. Blackstar is 7/10.
>>
>tfw feels like this album is months away but it's only a couple of weeks
>>
>>61115302
This guy gets it
>>
>>61115302
>>61115419
Wow I figured this was an unpopular opinion on here, but I think so too.
>>
>>61115302

It's probably my favourite too, along with Strangers when we meet.
>>
>>61115368
When does the album come out?
>>
This is actually great
Gonna have to get into some Bowie now, only ever heard Low and dug the synth finale track more than the rest
>>
Just listened to both his new songs for the first time. Black Star I don't know what to think of, it was a bit too minimal and sort of boring at first but I like that he's doing more experimental stuff instead of just repeating his classic sound again. Lazarus I felt was too much classic bowie and not enough experimentation. I don't really know how to feel about these.
>>
>>61115587

January 8, his birthday.
>>
Really great, I dig how it builds without resorting to a boring distorted crescendo
>>61115355
In what universe does this sound like any of PF's albums
>>
Blackstar was shit so not expecting much desu
>>
I thought Blackstar was great. Just listening to Lazarus now and I'm liking this too. A bit more restrained. People have compared Blackstar to Scott Walker--I think this one has a Nick Cave feel.

It's tough to say at this point what this album will sound like, so I'm reserving judgment. But I'm intrigued.
>>
>>61111333
checked
>>
>>61115219
fave is cygnet committee. The lyrics are so dope you feel like Orwell has written them.
>>
Is it a concept album about Major Tom and his death?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.