[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think that instruments would be relevant in the future?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: kanyee.gif (461 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
kanyee.gif
461 KB, 500x300
Do you think that instruments would be relevant in the future? I believe that within 100 years all music will be the work of digital sounds.
>>
File: kanyewest.jpg (994 KB, 1600x1400) Image search: [Google]
kanyewest.jpg
994 KB, 1600x1400
>>61110777
OMG TRIPLE 777 ALL THE CHINESE ARE GONNA LOVE ME! I'VE GOT GOOD LUCK. ALL THANKS TO KANYE.
>>
>>61110777
You still need instruments to make and source most of those sounds.

Even Hip Hop and Electronic music contains a lot of instrument/keyboard work.

Whether people just choose to tab in their melodies instead of playing them through an interface I don't know.

I play guitar and bass but these days ive just been working directly with a DAW voice sampling, drum programming and tabbing in keys etc
>>
>>61110777
instruments will always have their place
>>
Concerts will evolve into sound movies since no one wilk be playing anything or even singing since computers can do all of that already
>>
File: wow.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
wow.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
>>61110805
>You still need instruments to make and source most of those sounds.
I agree with you senpai but in 100 years don't you think that all sounds will already be sourced?
>>
>>61110831
No
>>
File: kanye.jpg (4 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
kanye.jpg
4 KB, 259x194
>>61110831
I can't wait for Microsoft Sam and Siri to make a collaboration song.
>>
>>61110853
there are certain benefits to live recorded "real instrumentation". A.k.a Strings

I really don't care that much because it's a free world and people will always do whatever they want

Guitar become a very frustrating instrument for me because even with effects useage it felt limiting, that's why I loved getting into production and sound layering. Because I could get all those atmospheres and compose a full song right from my computer

but digital sounds can be limited in some areas.
It depends on what you like and what you want to hear.

I do love digital manipulation, at the end of the day you just wanna ensure you have the coolest sounds possible

I hate authentic elitism
>>
>>61110777
I wonder what music will sound like in a trillion years...
>>
>>61110777
You know people still listen to vinyl right
>>
theres only 12 notes . your music still encompasses these 12 notes wether it was written on a guitar or on a computer with nothing but a voice, with nothing but a sample of a voice, a sample of a samples of a sample of a slowed down guitar part

12 notes
>>
>>61110898
for me it was the opposite.
I made electronic shit when I was 12-13, using audacity and whatever free drum machine software I could find. As it turned out I felt more limited because It was a lot harder to really improvise and make things feel "alive" that way, I'm enjoying guitar..bass and now keyboards (old school ones like vox rock organs and what have you) a lot more.
I'm not an authentic elitist, I enjoy electronic music more now than did then but I just feel more accomplished playing actual instruments rather than just sampling and changing pitches.
>>
File: kanye.gif (402 KB, 476x700) Image search: [Google]
kanye.gif
402 KB, 476x700
>>61110942
I feel that people whom listen to gramophone records are seeking ancient arts for it's fashionable appeal but not it's music qualities. Have you seen any normal musician today release a Vinyl? Nope.
>>
>>61111037
people who collect records are fruity
>>
the guitar will be around forever
>>
>>61111199
I am not here to insult instrument players because I am one of you. Why don't you accept inevitable doom? nothing lasts forever senpai.
>>
>>61110962
There are an infinite number of tones.
>>
>>61110898
One thing that I find important that will arise much more in love instrument recordings is small mistakes, tiny fuckups in tempo and shit
To me this adds a lot to some music, and I don't think you can replicate it purposefully

If music becomes only digital, it will be too perfect and too smooth, at least for me

This doesn't mean it's not going to happen, I just don't really want it to
>>
all of these posts above me are bad
>>
If there's one thing that will never change in music, it's that new artists will always try to do something that isn't currently being done. If music gets to the point where 99% is digital, it will most certainly spark a trend of returning to traditional instruments.
>>
>>61111290
How can you prove that?
>>
>>61111449
There's no tipping point where a C becomes C#, there are infinite points between.
>>
>>61111512
Well there is a finite number of tones our ears can distinguished.
>>
>>61111302
or they could just use less quantization.
>>
>>61111512
Yeah, the set of all possible tones is an unaccountably infinite set but the set of all tones possible to play on an instrument is limited by the smallest distance that you can move along the instrument. Digital tones are a different story. Depending on whether or not the universe is infinitely large I could see it going either way. It doesn't matter though because there is a smallest increment that human ears can distinguish. (definitely talking out of my ass but I'm pretty sure I'm still right)
>>
>>61111875
>>61111578
>thank-you
>>
>hurr there are only 26 letters in the English alphabet. Everything has already been said! Now we cut up books and paste them back together. I are Rap genius!
>>
Comparing letters to sounds. I can't believe the satire in that post.
>>
>>61112954
Literally who are you quoting?
>>
>>61111290
and only 12 of them sound nice
>>
Humans can distinguish 330,000 frequencies
Science:
Fjeldsenden, Bjarne. Translation of Visual Information into Auditory Codes. Dept. of Psychology, NTNU. 1970-1972.
>>
>>61111037
>Have you seen any normal musician today release a Vinyl?

What is your definition of "normal"?

If you mean mainstream pop musician, literally all of them release their music on vinyl.
>>
>>61112996
It's "whom are you quoting".

>>61113011
>literally all of them release their music on vinyl.
It's a good warning sign to avoid the musician who puts that much emphasis on form. Vinyl is inferior in every way, not just acoustically but also ecologically. Plastic discs when you could just have a digital file. You might say that music loses its magic when it's purely digital. I say if the pure digitized music doesn't have enough appeal, it's garbage to begin with and the hypothetical vinyl only served as a fashion accessory.
>>
>>61113038
All of your points, all of them, apply to CDs.

And every commercial artist releases on CD.

This is not a matter of form.

>Vinyl is inferior in every way, not just acoustically but also ecologically

Vinyl is equally environmentally damaging as CDs are.

If you gripe is with physical media, you are fighting a losing battle. The fact that it is unnecessary is irrelevant, we coat the most trivial of things in plastic.

And I do not understand the issue with making the product aesthetically pleasing. That is merely an extension of the art of the thing.
>>
>>61113038
It's a meme ya dip.
You're on a Japanese anime board, not in high school English ya fricken goofball
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.