[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cage The Elephant just dropped "Tell Me I'm Pretty"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
Cage The Elephant just dropped "Tell Me I'm Pretty" thoughts? I just hit a bowl and am enjoying a 1st listen.
>>
Just got through a bowl and am currently on "Too Late to Say Goodbye". Cry Baby was pretty weak, mess around wasn't much better, but the next two are actually tight.

Not digging the over all sound though. Too much influence from Dave.
>>
Listening with some beer. I am not digging it.

On track 8, and I would score it 4/10.

I loved Melophobia, but this just falls short. I am not a fan of later 70's music, and I think that is the feel they were going for. I hope it grows on me, but no track is reaching out.
>>
>>61110375
No comparison with Melophobia, but still good album. The thing is that Melophobia was too good, they just CAN'T do it better, my opinion.

They're very far from the funk/rap style that i used to love, well, bands have to evolve...
>>
>>61110574
I'm pleased with their evolution; the formula thusfar seems to be that they find a style, do it fucking great, then to repeat that success and the second attempt falls short.

Debut was great, Happy Birthday sucked

Melophobia was great, Tell Me I'm Pretty didnt hold up.

I'm betting their next album will be a whole new style, and it'll be dope
>>
>>61110621
>Happy Birthday sucked

do you just not like noise rock or
>>
>>61110621
I was just thinking this. TY,HB was... so much to be desired. Went back with Melophobia, and had in repeat for months. Hopefully the next album will spark some innovation.
>>
>>61110621
Sucked? kind of bold, don't you think? It definitely isn't THAT bad
>>
god fuck the dude from the Black Keys just fucks up everyone's shit why do they let him near their music. I'm no Lana fan, but she got far worse with him

same for Cage now. Sounds like a shittier Spoon meets Black Keys and reverb
>>
>>61110702
In my opinion, I'd say sucked is a soft way of saying it, at very least when compared to their debut.

I couldn't get enough of their first album, but HB had two songs I liked, and I just kind of tolerated the rest of them.

I wasn't a fan of HB, it was alright in its own right, but compared to their debut it wasn't very good at all
>>
>>61110896
again

do you not like noise rock or the music of Pixies because I'm revisiting it to make sure it's still quality and it is
>>
File: a1069632279_10.jpg (78 KB, 1170x1170) Image search: [Google]
a1069632279_10.jpg
78 KB, 1170x1170
>>61110375
that literally looks like the Tylo be Chillin cover I made

Artists are so predictable
>>
>>61110896
I'll simplify all of that real quick

Cage the Elephant: 8/10
HB: 5/10
Melophobia: 10/10
TMIP: 6/10
(Please don't argue these numbers, they are just my own views, not objective at all. )
None of them are BAD persay, but when you compare them the lesser albums look pretty bad
>>
>>61110919
I don't have a whole lot of experience with noise rock, but you may be right; I may just not like the style itself.
>>
I thought these guys were just a shitty one hit wonder, why do people actually care about this band
>>
>>61110979
that's what makes Thank You such an exciting album. This group that made a pretty okay somewhat corny debut come out after listening to Mudhoney and other noisy shit creating gold like Sell Yourself and Japanese Buffalo putting it right next to groovy, ominous shit like Always Something and Indy Kidz, next to really purty songs like Rubber Ball and Shake Me Down

it's not a perfect album, but for a sophomore album, it's pretty brilliant
>>
>>61110993
do you enjoy the Pixies at all?

here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8JsoUEb7gc
>>
>>61111009
I'll admit, the debut didn't age well; when I revisited it many tracks (Judas being the big one) felt like they were trying to lampoon rebel culture.

But for the most part I liked it, mainly due to In One Ear and Back Stabbing Betty.
>>
>>61111018
would you fuck off with the Pixies?
>>
>>61111084
Chill dude, he's recommending a similar group that you may like.

I know /mu/ secretly hates all music, but chill the fuck out
>>
>>61111084
>person asks why one should care
>Cage put out an album that sounds heavily influened by a critically acclaimed, massively beloved band
>should not mention this

go kiss a girl
>>
saw them last night and they played mostly new stuff off this album. i hadn't listened to the singles before hand, so i could hear them later when i listened to the album. after watching them play the new stuff live, i don't really want to listen to the album anymore. none of the new songs really stood out, and they all sounded the same. really disappointed, since melophobia was actually good.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.