[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bleach is objectively and unequivocally the best Nirvana album.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: nirvana%20bleach%20cover[1].jpg (104 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
nirvana%20bleach%20cover[1].jpg
104 KB, 600x600
Bleach is objectively and unequivocally the best Nirvana album. You're welcome to think otherwise, but you are wrong. The truth of the matter is that this is by far the best thing Kurt ever did. A daring synthesis of sludge metal and garage rock with the melodic prowess of the Beatles on steroids. The whole album exudes a bleak atmosphere that makes you feel like you're literally living under a bridge injecting heroin while it's raining. This is true grunge, and it's beautiful.

Nevermind is where Kurt tries his hardest to make an album as accessible as possible. He does it well but it isn't something I find very interesting, and you shouldn't either. This isn't grunge, it's commercial grunge (or proto-post-grunge) and is literally one of the most predictable albums ever recorded (If a song starts quiet, it'll get loud and distorted during the chorus - unless it's acoustic, in which case, it doesn't change. It's all 4/4 and midtempo, most of the guitar solos follow the vocal melody to the T, the guitar never plays anything but basic notes and chords, and the tone is so crisp, clean, and lifeless, it might as well have been played by a session musician - basically, each and every dark, weird eccentricity that made Nirvana Nirvana has been completely obliterated). This album is the very epitome of a band "selling out".

In Utero is also commercial grunge only this time Kurt tries a bit more to hide the fact that he's pandering to plebs. Ultimately this is the worst Nirvana album. Here Kurt is trying to appease both the Nevermind audience and the Bleach audience, but he fails at both. This album does nothing new and it's the tamest "noise rock" you will ever hear.
>b-but Steve Albini produced it
yes let's just ignore the fact that the lead single was remixed into sounding nothing like the Albini version or that Steve Albini ultimately dismissed how the album ended up sounding (and rightfully so)
>>
File: 1449019709756.jpg (16 KB, 230x316) Image search: [Google]
1449019709756.jpg
16 KB, 230x316
>basic notes

Lol
>>
I genuinely hope whoever wrote this copypasta gets malaria. Thanks for making one of my favorite albums into a dank meme, cuntsack.
>>
BIG CHEESE
>>
File: 1430074398057.png (1 MB, 780x1198) Image search: [Google]
1430074398057.png
1 MB, 780x1198
>oh look, he posted it again
>>
>>61109482
>oh look, a butthurt In Uterus fan
>>
IS HE IN AN EASY CHAIR?
>>
FILL ME IN ON YOUR NEW VISION
>>
>>61110402
POOP AS HARD AS ROCK.
>>
>>61111315
I DON'T LIKE YOU ANYWAY
>>
>>61111315
I DON'T LIKE YOU ANYWAY
>>
>>61111439
SEAL IT IN A BOX
>>
CAN YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
It's their worst

Thinking it's their best is a clear case of contrarian
>>
>>61111856
it's actually their best, thinking otherwise is a clear case of pleb
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.