[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do internet hip-hop fans feel the need to spend hours looking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: kanye_head_photo.png (200 KB, 495x650) Image search: [Google]
kanye_head_photo.png
200 KB, 495x650
Why do internet hip-hop fans feel the need to spend hours looking for random people online who say anything slightly negative towards rap, screenshot them and post them on forums, then accuse them of being racist or autistic?
>>
You're a bigger nigger than them.
>>
because r/lewronggeneration are all 13 year olds
>>
so tell me /mu/, are all people who dislike rap made after January 1st, 2000 mentally disabled white supremacists?
>>
Huh?
>>
>>61106508
>>61106449
hes referring to lewronggeneration sub btw
>>
Up until like 4 or 5 years ago internet communities largely attracted people who were only interested in classic rock and metal, and they were heavily dismissive of hip-hop as a whole. I've always figured that the intense defensiveness of rap fans was residue from that. This will probably change in the coming years as hip-hop is obviously much more accepted on online communities. It also doesn't help that hipsterdom is very poptimist right now which has the same defensive behavior, the "oh you don't like it you must only hate it because it's popular!" mentality, so whenever that pendulum swings the other way things will die down and people will find another genre to be defensive about.
>>
>>61106614
"edm' and sound design shit like opn,arca,pc music and autechre will replace hip hop

starting to become annoying already
>>
>>61106614
Isn't that weird that almost everybody on internet communities like reddit, 4chan and other forums generally love rap, and the people who hate rap are almost all pretty much only on Facebook? It's like being a dadrocker is now a normie thing.
>>
Literally I've never seen this happen.
>>
>>61106672
being a dadrocker is a really normie attitude
>>
>>61106672
Which is the opposite of what it was in the 2000s. Reddit and 4chan in general really only cared about metal and classic rock for years, especially in the early stages of Reddit when everyone was an atheist. But yeah, when I say the pendulum swings the other way, it happens with virtually every trend in general with every age group. Things become popular and "the norm" which creates a group of reactionaries. One day it will likely be the opposite again.
>>
>>61106728
I can't wait until the hip hop circlejerking dies off and people start talking about other music again. Most people I know locally are white trash that listen to country and insane clown posse, and I can't find much discussion online about stuff I like nowadays (indie, rock, emo, post punk) because hip hop is almost all people talk about on forums.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.