[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This album is great. At first I thought he was pretty memey,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1
File: Capturar.jpg (36 KB, 529x452) Image search: [Google]
Capturar.jpg
36 KB, 529x452
This album is great. At first I thought he was pretty memey, but it's really difficult not to identify with his lyrics for me. The beats are sick too. Been listening to it for a month, and, having been listening to rap intensely since dec/'14, I think it achieved a place among my favourites. Why the hate on him, though?
>>
>>61105257
cheesy, one dimensional, not interesting to me at all
>>
rap music made by black people but only listened to by white people
>>
Either because its nerd rap or because he's an Oreo. I admit it is good but its like putting Eminem on because you're hanging out with black people.
>>
I give him credit for experimenting, but not every track is good enough. At best 8/10.
>>
>>61105257
Kill yourself pleb
>>
>>61105353
an 8/10 is pretty high
>>
>>61105257
just like his comedy and his stand-up, its overly-reliant on sex and sexual innuendo.

dc really was the most talented of their comedy group, just wasn't as ambitious.
>>
>>61105337
>>61105349
don't see the problem
being an oreo is much more common than you think
It's maybe just as common as white people acting black, but differently from it, it's not a phase, it's a life condition
I'm brown also, where does that put me?
I don't think he's nearly as akward as you put it to be
>>
>>61105257
LITERALLY meme rap.

"Aint nobody got time for that"

"#NiggazBelike"

"Hashtag my day wear"

Waiting for stans to defend it saying "Well yeah It's called because the internet so.." Do not care. Lyrics are trash and bino's delivery is trash. Nerdy Lil Wayne.

And I don't hate it because he's "nerd rap" or "an oreo". Plenty of nerds can be good rappers. It's the combination of terrible lyrics, terrible voice, terrible delivery, only to be garnished with a layer of pretentiousness, rapping with MEME references and dating it instantaneously with instagram and twitter talk.

Shadows is the only song I like on this album.
>>
>Original flow
>Interesting, new beats
>neat concept

I don't get it. Where's the hate coming from?
>>
>>61105530
see >>61105525
>>
>>61105525
>R-references are bad!!
Nah you're tripping lmao.
His wordplay was clever
>Money Counter
>AK
>Cell Phone
He was refreshing. He made this whole "i don't care" thing that J. Cole and Kendrick are trying to push cool.

Idk. This album is definitely not "trash" in any sense of the word
>>
>>61105444
dominic dierkes doesn't get as much love, he's really funny. but i'm biased because i'm a Hollywood Handbook-head and his bff/writing partner is the host of that pcast.
>>
>>61105568
But I don't get that.

I don't hate things just because it's relatable because I'm not a fucking sperg. His punch lines were good what do you mean?
>Spending this money it's longer than Nia, live like a Coppola me and Sophia

>Wah! It's easily accessible to plebs
Stay mad. The album was good
>>
>>61105257
I don't like him. I can't identify with his music. Doesn't make him good or bad. Music is objective.
>>
>>61105589
>Wordplay was clever
>wanna play me like a piano
> I'm too fly, Jeff Goldblum
>Furniture custom, you shop at IKEA

damn...core. This is all from one song too hahaha

>nah youre tripping

Lol you like meme references in your music we're done here you child

>He made the whole I don't care thing cool

what are you talking about

Trash album is trash no matter what you say stan
>>
>>61105510
Acting white is cringe enough when white people do it, why should we encourage non-white people to be that way too
>>
>>61105663
>music is objective

not at all
>>
>>61105702
>Furniture customs you shop at IKEA
>Chose Maserati you whipping a Kia
>Spending this money it's longer than Nia
>Live like a Coppola me and Sophia
Like I said, you're tripping. That bar is hard.

>meme references meme references meme references
God you're such a neckbeard. Post your soundcloud right now I'd love to hear the music you make.

>What are you talking about
I guess nothing that has to do with /mu/, more /celeb/, but his image, and how it affected other musicians images.
>>
>>61105510
>>61105760
Oh my goodness.
The whole Oreo term is used to alienate black kids that don't conform to stereotypes.
Come on now.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acting_white
>>
>>61105875
It's referring to black kids who act white. Black on the outside, white on the inside, like an oreo cookie.
>>
>>61105839
>that bar is hard

hahaha

>I'm a neckbeard because I prefer music without memes

I'm assuming you like stuff like the he man remix as well

Why do you want my soundcloud? what will this prove
>>
because it's popular.

there's certain peak level of popularity that /mu/ will tolerate. gambino is way passed that.
when it reaches that point, /mu/ will create reasons to hate albums / artists.
>>
>>61105257
>been listening to rap intensely since dec/'14
Highly unnecessary and pretentious.

The album is just sort of unremarkable, definitely entertaining and relatable but it feels glossy and lacks anything that makes it stand out to me. Obviously this is just my opinion but there's so much more flavorful interesting music to listen to.
>>
>>61105257
he's just a cornball and to me he's really boring
like i remember trying to listen to that album and not necessarily hating it, but the entire time i was wishing i was listening to something else
>>
>>61105257
Because people think he's whiney and psuedo-intellectual/pretentious as fuck. Which, he kinda is, but it's kinda charming. We're all a little bit of assholes on the inside so it's pretty indentifiable with. Also Urn is one of the lost beautiful songs of the decade.
>>61105296
>Cheesy
Maybe, I think that was intentional though
>One dimensional
How so? He covers a slew of topics
>Not interesting to me
Can't argue against that
>>61105337
I see this all the time but what's the problem with rappers that appeal to white boys? I'm mixed so I can't really tell
>>61105349
Yeah, I feel like the nasally tone of his voice and corny punchlines throw niggas off
>>61105353
I'd say a 7.5-7.75/10
>>61105525
This is kinda true I guess. I've just always taken hip-hop with a pop approach with an easy going mindset. There will be corny references and bars once in awhile, and I just accept that. And if you want to hear him with a better voice and delivery try Royalty. It's just bragodocio bars over mixtape production.
>>
It's pretty average. Definitely better than Camp.
>>
>>61106962
yeah
>>
>>61105663

Think you meant subjective.
>>
I love Bino, I think he's near Kanye-talented, deliver-wise. Kanye can produce better but goddam, Bino can croon. He'd be Drake, if Aubrey Graham weren't pretending to be him.

People don't like him because of their own misconceptions about him and I respect Bino for not letting that ruin him. I genuinely wish him the best.
>>
>>61109977
pretty much this.
>>
>>61109977
>near Kanye-talented
>He'd be Drake

Are you trying to complement bino?
>>
He's super corny and I just can't get into the pop-hop singy songy cross over stuff. If the whole album was like the first act I would love it, but beyond that there's only a couple songs I like. It's not bad I guess, just the singy stuff is so fucking boring and gives me no reason not to put on literally anything else. If you don't mind your hip hop being coupled with punchlines, pop culture references and r&b flavored bits I guess it would be a cool album.
>>
>>61105296
This desu senpai
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.