[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I haven't heard either 2015 Beach House albums, which one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Depression Cherry.jpg (161 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Depression Cherry.jpg
161 KB, 1000x1000
I haven't heard either 2015 Beach House albums, which one should I listen to: Depression Cherry or Thank Your Lucky Stars?
>>
>>61104343
depression cherry first i would say, so its a more logical musical progression between the two
really though it's not that important
>>
Doesn't really matter THAT much as it's Beach House, so you're not getting much surprising or unexpected. I do think Depression Cherry is better though, and it at least has one song that veers out of their typical style (Sparks, my SOTY)
>>
Depression Cherry
>>
>>61104440
Ugh Sparks was good for like two listens. It's shoegaze minus any depth or subtlety.
>>
Nicholas Jaar thread?
>>
>>61104496
I still fucking love it and wish the whole album was in that vein. I adore the last 2 minutes or so where it goes from the bridge to the last instrumental section.
>>
Lucky Stars has held up better to repeated listens for me. Both are good, though.
>>
>>61104496
>shoegaze
>subtlety

It's almost like you're new to music.
>>
Anyone watch the Conan performance?
>>
>>61104625
It's almost like you have no clue what you're talking about.
>>
>>61104681
>As a shoegaze fan, this post literally made me fart.
>>
>>61104542
Holy fuck I've never seen an album get buried as hard as this
>>
>>61105336
it was his own fault. there are two versions of pomegranates (most people only checked out the first one though the second was better), nymph was a five disc collection instead of an album... just not terribly user friendly. not that he needs to be, it just makes it marginally more difficult to keep straight, remember, and discuss at the end of the year.
>>
pic related
>>
>>61104681
Shoegaze is about as subtle as death metal, it's just at the opposite end of the spectrum.
>>
>>61104343
definitely Depression Cherry
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.