[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck do you fags hate this album? Do you not like dance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 500x500
Why the fuck do you fags hate this album? Do you not like dance music or something?
>>
>>61102263
>Do you not like dance music or something?

This describes most /mu/ users.
>>
I like it fine, it's just not AOTY material.
>>
except anyone who knows anything about footwork and dance music will know that there are better footwork releases than that this year
>>
>>61102513
It's just so sad though like its so fucking accessible
>>61102561
Explain what's bad about dark energy
Because most disagree with you
>>
>>61102581
>its so fucking accessible
well yeah, that's exactly what's wrong with dance music
>>
This albums actually very bad, its like Pantha Du Prince if it was utter shit.
>>
>>61102599
And yet most of it is 2deep5/mu/
>>
>>61102581
never said it was bad, just said there are better footwork releases this year
>>
>>61102599
lmaoooooo
>>
>>61102616
Explain what is bad about it.
>>61102632
In your opinion.
>>
>>61102661
It lacks variety for one thing, and the songs are just so boring. Look at the spectrum of the songs, its like it's missing the entire mid section. He probably took out mids so it'd sound snappy but it just ends up lacking depth. Boring footwork trill beetz too, just listen to some african congo player
>>
>>61102263
i do like dance music, but that album is shit famiglia
>>
>>61102716
>He
First of all, seems you don't know shit about music if you don't look up basic facts.
Second, there is tons of timbral and atmospheric variety across the tracks.
Third, they are constantly enjoyable through the intense rhythms or samples or whatver.
AKA your opinion ain't objective.
>>
dj rashad did it better
rip
>>
>>61102758
Explain why it is shit.
>>
>>61102763
>knowing if the guy or girl or band who made it is knowing shit about music

teehee
>>
>>61102789
explain why isn't
>>
>>61102763
>intense

what the fuck is intense on this record, it has no fun modulation or tempo changes.
>>
Its ok but it wasn't "enough" for my taste in footwork
>>
>>61102800
Literally one of the most interesting parts talked about is who made it and how t reflects themselves, you pleb.
>>61102824
That's not how it works kid
>>
babbys first footwork
>>
>>61103041
>Literally one of the most interesting parts talked about is who made it and how t reflects themselves, you pleb.
okay thanks for letting me know this is bait
not gonna waste my time on somebody who actually uses words like pleb as an insult
>>
>>61102867
this, I like my footwork quick and dense
>>
It's just a mediocore footwork album.
>>
>>61103080
No that's double cup>>61102828
The rhythms and stuff, like listen to Guantamo
>>
>>61103097
>>61103097
>I'm proud to not care about the music I listen to!
>>
>>61103111
How is it mediocre at all?
You faggots never explain are you all illiterate?
>>
>>61103173
oh look a homophobe
>>
>>61103173
Well, why do you like it? Give people something to respond to and you will probably get more of an explanation.
>>
>>61103287
Oh look a person who is desperately avoiding criticism
It's 4chan idiot go back to reddit if you're offended
>>
>>61103316
The rhythms are really energetic and dynamic in how they interact with the sample while mixing with a rather abstract template of sounds like in Black Ballet or Mansa Musa

I mean it's good music that sounds good and has been highly praised for it
>>
It also really subtly adds deeper themes through the samples which imbues it with overall a more engaging listen.
>>
All the hyped footwork albums i've heard have really terrible production. I dig Foodman, DJ Nate, DJ Rocc, but mostly it's just really rushed shit
>>
there have been way better ""experimental"" footwork albums released this year (The Neurobiology Of Moral Decision for example)

the only reason why Dark Energy is so hyped/praised is because it was made by a black woman
>>
I'm listening now and it's pretty average. Do I need to know some more context behind it?
>>
>>61103734
>the RYM meme for example
>>
>>61103978
since when is mark fell a 'RYM meme', friendo?

this album has like a 3.0 on rym if I remember correctly
>>
>>61104089
It's the highest rated footwork release on RYM for 2015
>>
File: lol.png (11 KB, 474x188) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
11 KB, 474x188
>>61103734
>>61103978
>>61104089
>>61104154
it's barely even classified as footwork tho lmao

it's a great album nonetheless, Dark energy is too
>>
>>61102263
what does mu think of this 2015 release?
>>
>>61102263
>Do you not like dance music or something?
Not really, no.
>>
>>61106241
best footwork of the year
>>
>>61106281
BANGING ON KING DRIVE BANGING ON KING DRIVE BANGING ON KING DRIVE BANGING ON KING DRIVE BANGING ON KING DRIVE BANGING ON KING DRIVE BANGING ON KING DRIVE BANGING ON KING DRIVE BANGING ON KING DRIVE
>>
>>61106281
kek
>>
>>61106241
Your Choice is one of the best footwork tracks I've heard this year, great album.
>>
Why can't OP tolerate other people not dickriding this album as hard as he does?
>>
>>61106983
I can tolerate it if people said more than "ITS SHIT" or "ITS NOT AS GOOD AS <X>" without ever explaining why

the haters are like exclusively teenagers
>>
2.98 on rym lol, why can't rym into footwork, this album is great.
>>
>entire thread
>never heard of this artist
>no links to songs or videos on youtube
>expecting me to google that shit myself

haha guess ill never give a fuck about whoever this fag is you idiots are arguing about. bye lol!
>>
>>61108113
>literally doing nothing for this thread
gee wow, thanks for dropping by
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.