[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mu/ reviews
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1293776409.jpg (104 KB, 858x536) Image search: [Google]
1293776409.jpg
104 KB, 858x536
Do you guys write/record personal reviews of tracks or albums? I'm interested in starting myself, and I'd be interested in seeing some personal websites or youtube channels of yours.
>>
If you do videos, I'll comment on them.
>>
>>61098251
>I'm interested in starting myself
why?
i've always wondered this, like i've always wanted to ask a professional reviewer, "why do you do this"
is it just plain old narcissism or is there more to it
>>
rym is for that
>>
>>61098251
I spam RYM with Jandek reviews if that counts
>>
>>61098305
rym reviews are the equivalent of people giving their opinions on youtube videos
>>
>>61098330
how so?
>>
>>61098390
compare the reviews people give to music on youtube videos to the reviews on rate your music
>>
>>61098320
I mean, every review could just be "Sleeping pill suicide", couldn't it?
>>
I edit html documents on my computer to fashion myself a personal site that only I have access to where I rate and review all the music I listen to, the reviews are rarely that in depth, it's mostly to keep track of the ratings/rankings but the reviews are so I can go back and look at my thoughts on something bad or mediocre I've forgotten
>>
>>61098415
Sure, but why RYM specifically? All reviews are equivalents of YT comment sections because they don't mean shit.
>>61098428
Well I try to capture a lot of the lyrical progressions in between the albums. He does a lot of cross referencing and it's exciting.
>>
>>61098294
I'm not going to do videos
>>
>>61098298
I feel as though it will increase my ability to listen to music critically (that is, analytically).
I Might Be Wrong.
But to be honest with you I wouldn't care if it got 0 attention.
>>
>>61098570
Just do it dude. I started for the same exact reason and the writing is soothing most of the time.
https://rateyourmusic.com/collection/bksbeat/reviews/1
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.