[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.vice.com/read/hw-the-def initive-guide-to-hipster
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 7
File: laughing whore.jpg (19 KB, 293x202) Image search: [Google]
laughing whore.jpg
19 KB, 293x202
http://www.vice.com/read/hw-the-definitive-guide-to-hipster-music-genres-hipster-week

This describes each and every other one of you fucks in perfect detail.
>>
>All illustrations by Meaghan Garvey
>>
vice is shit and so is pretty much every single one of these artists.
>>
>>61093585
>taylor swift
>hipster

mmmmmmm, nah
>>
I'm glad my favorite genres aren't on there. Also use archive next time.
>>
>reading vice
>having the audacity to look down on anyone else
>>
good thing i don't like any of these except for cool jazz, minimal synth and noise

also

>hypnagogic pop
>defining artist: grimes

>minimal synth
>years active: 2002-present

nigger what
>>
>>61093648
>I only listen to REAL music. Kanye West, FKA Twigs, Kendrick Lamar, Beyonce, Earl Sweatshirt, Flying Lotus, The Weeknd, DOOM, Drake, Beyonce, Deangelo, the list goes on
>*white person sees a cracker* white person "same" desu. literally same. literally me every day of my life bae. um, good job white people.
>I follow pop culture.
>I watch the grammys. I watch the VMAs. I love live tweeting about both
>I listen to both mainstream music AND indie! I'm a new breed of cultured
>I love tweeting about the NBA. Did you all see the NBA All Star game? Check out this meme of a NBA star! he be like
>Beyonce be like
>Jay-Z be like
>Nicki Minaj be like
>KENDRICKS NEW SINGLE JUST DROPPED FUCK.
>Yeezy season approaching
>Check out this meme I made, it references Drake and a new movie that just came out
>Bae. Keep calm and smoke a blunt. Emojis. I embrace memes and trends. But post-ironically.
>Ironic 90s nostalgia t-shirts bae
>um white people fucked up again. like, good job everyone. great job society. baka desu
>WOW. I want my girlfriend to hear Deangelos voice while we have sex.
>People of Colour >>>> White People. boohoo white people, youre life is sooo tough. redirect to /pol/
>pitchfork.com, stereogum, tumblr, instagram, jezebel, nba.com, grantland, I'm in the know
>>I ALSO LISTEN TO SWANS THO. IM CULTURED THO.
>I EMBRACE THIS GENERATION!!!
>#readyforhillary #orblackcanidate #stopwhitepeople #tbhcrew
>>
Is this supposed to be funny?
>>
wow neofolk and industrial is hipster now?
>>
>>61093710
Yeah I like Swans
>>
>>61093730
no its just vice usual clickbait because they ran out of ideas once again
>>
endless snark doesnt make for an interesting web blog
>>
>>61093710

add tayor swift and you perfectly described r/lewronggeneration
>>
>>61093710
kek
>>
Death in June? Lmao
>>
>>61093710
>People of Colour >>>> White People
true desu
>>
severe lack of kanye, young thug and future on this list. of course this list was made by faggots who browse r/hiphopheads and post black twitter memes who are in denial that they're the new hipsters
>>
>>61093730
I don't think so.
>>
>>61093585
>hypnagogic pop
>grimes
Fimbly ebic
>>
No indie folk like Iron and Wine and Sufjan?
>>
>>61093837

............... did they have to put death in june on there. the one band i actually like that I found on /mu/ and now i'm going to have to delete all of my scrobbles so people don't think i found the band on Vice. fuck
>>
>>61093935
A U T I S M
U
T
I
S
M
>>
>>61093935
Honestly who gives a shit? Just say you listened to Current 93 and Rome before you found Death in June if you feel the need.
>>
>>61093877
>post black twitter memes who are in denial that they're the new hipsters
that's why I posted that pasta. I found it hilarious that all of people, they're the ones who are trying to take shots at hipsters they don't like.
>>
>>61093935
if this post isn't b8, kill yourself
>>
>>61093585
Why does Vice hate prog rock and jazz fusion?
>>
>>61093993
prog has been the laughing stock of the indie world for ages now, aside from that one token king crimson album

jazz fusion is fucking terrible save for maybe 3 albums
>>
>>61093949
>>61093964
>>61093967

They also mentioned Throbbing Gristle. Seriously guys this isn't cool. These are our bands and now everyone else is going to listen to them. I just deleted my last.fm account because I don't know how to delete artists.
>>
>>61094020
Maybe you should delete your life
>>
>>61093708
joke
head
>>
>>61094020
this is bait now
Fucking faggot
>>
>>61093585
>cold wave
>siouxsie and the banshees

what? And why all the hate for C86, Pains of being pure at heart's first album was the only bigger comeback of this genre and since then there hasn't been anyone else
>>
File: smile.jpg (16 KB, 300x199) Image search: [Google]
smile.jpg
16 KB, 300x199
>>61093585
>If I don't like noise no one likes it and people just pretend to like it
Under average conditions I'd be disappointed but not surprised, but since it's VICE we're talking about here, I'm neither
>>
File: 1393161299047.gif (980 KB, 288x162) Image search: [Google]
1393161299047.gif
980 KB, 288x162
>>61093585

Will Spoony kill himself this christmas?
>>
I would very much appreciate a feud between pitchfork and vice

that would be fun
>>
Short-Haired Black Metal
Years Active: 2008-Present
Defining Artists: Deafheaven, Liturgy (who despite their outward long hair have short hair in their souls)
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-17-08-08-31.png (82 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-17-08-08-31.png
82 KB, 480x800
>>61093585
What the fuck?
>>
>>61094617
no joke
when will people understand that no one pretends to like stuff? only insecure people think they do
but again like you said it's vice so who cares
>>61094726
>freak folk but monotone
I declare this a new meme
>>
>>61094726
>>61093585
Why does Vice hate rockabilly?
>>
>>61094020
>Implying norms will ever listen to Throbbing Gristle

Just make them listen to Very Friendly or Slug Bait, and see them back away from you.
>>
File: smiledog.jpg (52 KB, 597x598) Image search: [Google]
smiledog.jpg
52 KB, 597x598
>alt-rap
>dead
>Hellfyre Club going full effect
>Aesop Rock releases album in 2014, has one already ready to be released

>Vaporwave
>primary artist
>James Ferraro

oh boy
>>
>>61094769
Because white people like it
>>
>still hipster bashing in 2015
From Vice, to boot
>>
>>61094838
No
>>61094769
They probably don't
>>
>>61093585
>posting spooner's gf
Why?
>>
>zero mention of modern bass music
>zero mention of drum and bass

damn it feels good to be a gansta
>>
>>61094885
They made 2 rockabilly jokes in the article.
>>
>cloud rap is now considered hipster rap

when will white 'people' leave rap alone so things can go back to the way they used to be when whites were just obsessed with rock music and had no interest in rap? There are only like 5 good white rappers, why don't whites just leave already?
>>
>>61093585
Theres a bit wrong with that list.
Minimal Wave is really old, as far back as Mercury Revs first stuff. Minimal wave was also never popular. One day, the people behind Solid Space might come out of obscurity and blow everyones mind with a two hour minimal synth space opera album. I can dream
>>
>very little about hardcore, grindcore, powerviolence and the like.
I'm safe

That Mysterious Guy hardcore paragraph is spot on though. and
>Alt-rap was born when Eminem dissed Cage on the Slim Shady LP, it died when El-P shuttered the mighty Def Jux, and it died again when I couldn't figure out how to shoehorn
>Rhymesayers and anticon references into this paragraph.

is GREAT
>>
>>61094931
>when will white 'people' leave rap alone so things can go back to the way they used to be when whites were just obsessed with rock music and had no interest in rap?
you mean 1977?
>>
>>61094982
>Alt-rap was born when Eminem dissed Cage on the Slim Shady LP, it died when El-P shuttered the mighty Def Jux

white revisionist history. This is why whites have no place in rap, in 50 years whites will say eminem or the beastie boys invented rap.
>>
>>61095013
it could also be what is sometimes referred to as a "joke"
>>
>>61094998
yes, and throughout the mid 80's
>inb4 white people liked rap in the 80s

only a handful did, most whites wrote it off as 'nigger music'.
>>
>>61095023
jokes are supposed to be funny
>>
>>61095013
It's an obvious joke. A bunch of people got into "alt-rap" after discovering Cage because Eminem dissed him, so to them it didn't exist before.
>>
what is alt rap
>>
>>61095042
see
>>61095032
>>
>>61095049
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfRgziY6n20
This is the one I think of when I hear it. Listen to those lyrics and chuckle.

The record is also called "The Psycho-Social, Chemical, Biological & Electro-Magnetic Manipulation of Human Consciousness". Yeah.
>>
>>61094951
Listening to Solid Space for the first time. Pretty good.
>>
Google the name of the guys who wrote this shit, and you will get a whitey so cringeworthy he makes Hampus look badass and some tryhard who is visibly 30 but wants to be hip with the youth.

Seriously, the retards who wrote this decided that because they don't enjoy things, other people only pretend to.

Why are we giving VICE attention?
>>
>Cool Jazz
>Miles Davis
fucking triggered
>>
>vice
I've literally never read anything accurate or well-written on that site
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 352x468) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 352x468
>All illustrations by Meaghan Garvey
>>
>Dance-Punk
>Defining artist: The Rapture
>not LCD Soundsystem

they failed
>>
>>61093935
maximum autismo desu
>>
>cold wave
>lists non-french band
get out
>>
>>61096490
I was bothered by that too.
>>61096273
>Why are we giving VICE attention?
dude weed lmao
>>
>>61096743

seriously

i audibly grunted when i saw that
>>
Everything Vice does is couched in like 10 layers of irony, so I can never tell what they are actually trying to imply
>>
File: 1436568250390.jpg (53 KB, 680x684) Image search: [Google]
1436568250390.jpg
53 KB, 680x684
>cold wave
>siouxsie and the banshees

>Minimal Synth
>2002-Present
>Xeno & Oaklander

>Hypnagogic Pop
>Grimes
>>
>>61093730
>>61093783
Of course it's supposed to be funny you mongs. They do this sort of half-assed semi-satire that spews venom in every direction all the bloody time.
>>
What's a reliable news source?

Started reading vice and I'm already sick of it. Just a bunch of tryhard losers trying to convince their readers that they're hot shit
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.