[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Convince me you don't have shit taste
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 211
Thread images: 17
Convince me you don't have shit taste
>>
I don't like Death Grips
>>
joke's on you, i don't even like music
>>
>>61092929
I don't even enjoy music.
>>
File: 1441380680464.png (137 KB, 778x1009) Image search: [Google]
1441380680464.png
137 KB, 778x1009
>>61092929
>>
leave me alone
>>
I listen to screencaps of /mu/ threads imported into Audacity exclusively
>>
Minimalist classical music was a mistake like Wynton Marsalis in Jazz.
>>
why?
what do I have to prove to some namefag I've never heard of?
>>
Bleach is my favourite Nirvana record
>>
>>61092933
That probably just means you listen to other bad music.

>>61092937
>>61092938
Then you have bad taste per definition.

>>61092943
There isn't a single good film on this image.

>>61092945
No.

>>61092947
Lying "for comedic effect" means you have bad taste.

>>61092952
Why?

>>61092953
Welcome to /mu/, newfriend.

>>61092956
You still listen to Nirvana.
>>
Shit taste is essential. Keeps you motivated to explore more.
>>61092973
check this /trad/ out
facebook/brkicjusuf1504/videos/810499629068813/
>>61092953
>what do I have to prove to some namefag I've never heard of?
kek
>>
>>61093007
This webpage is not available
>>
>>61093012
did you add dot com?
>>
>>61092973
>why?
Because both replaced their respective avantgarde in favor of what was accessible and crowd pleasing.
Don't tell me you're a pleb who likes that shit
>>
>>61093012
>>61093007
nvm
>>
I do have shit taste.
>>
>>61093022
I'm not sure I agree with early minimalism being "accessible and crowd pleasing".
>>
>>61092973
don't tell me you don't think this is good shit

http://picosong.com/Qjqx/
>>
>>61093038
Helluva lot more than Boulez you fucking pleb with shit taste
>>
>>61093053
Noise is the lowest form of music made by talentless hacks for people with no taste but still want to appear cultured.

>>61093055
I dunno man, early minimalism was often REALLY long and most people wouldn't want to sit at a show for six hours.
>>
>>61092973
"Having autism" means no one besides other "autists" care what you think

T
B
H
>>
>>61093072
>Noise is the lowest form of music made by talentless hacks for people with no taste but still want to appear cultured
Where's your proof?
>>
>>61093090
https://hampusgronvall.bandcamp.com/
>>
>>61093108
Your music is good though.
>>
>>61093022

>rejected the avant-garde
>"the avante-garde" is about doing whatever the other avant-gardes are doing.
>Lamonte Young did it all for crowd pleasing

You are hilariously dumb.
>>
File: cover367.jpg (35 KB, 460x561) Image search: [Google]
cover367.jpg
35 KB, 460x561
Hampus what's your thoughts on dean blunt?
>>
>>61093072
>I dunno man, early minimalism was often REALLY long and most people wouldn't want to sit at a show for six hours.
You haven't even listened to Boulez have you?
>>61093138
LaMonte Young is as minimalist as Schoenberg is a Serialist.
>>
>>61093108
>https://hampusgronvall.bandcamp.com/

hating urself on the internet doesnt make you better than anyone else
>>
>>61093173
idk never listened

>>61093174
>this entire post
Okay.

>>61093176
Yes.
>>
hampus we've already concluded that I do
>>
>>61093184
I guess you're a pleb with shit taste.
Embarrassing. Go posture somewhere else.
>>
>>61093174
>>61093138

u fuckos are debating two different schools of minimalism. They are related but philosophically different. Late minimalism did 'sell-out' it was popular and serialists and late modernists hated it. Being edgy and criticizing it like youre a 1980s schoenberg student student student is fucking HILARIOUS though lmfao. Read a history book.
>>
biotrl's rise to prominence was the beginning of the end for /mu/
>>
>>61092973
>There isn't a single good film on this image.
Yeah right.
>>
>>61093199
Nice post.

>>61093210
Wrong.

>>61093219
I guess you have shit taste :D
>>
>>61093208
That's what I've said, La Monte Young isn't really minimalist he was avant-garde in general and had some minimal aspects to his music.
Why not just call fucking John Cage minimalist based on some of the Sonatas & Interludes if we are considering anything slightly repetitive minimalist? Ravel's a minimalist! Wagner's a minimalist! EVERYONE'S a minimalist.

As usual Hampus has proved he's fucking clueless.
>>
>>61093226
Except, you know, that La Monte Young is considered minimalist.
>>
>>61093223
but really though, at least cooltop and the tourist and clt and all those other tripfags were fun. You're always just a huge asshole man : /
>>
I really like The Books and the album Mount Eerie by the Microphones and I'm in a wonky sounding post-punk duo
>>
>>61093226

I brought up Lamonte, not Hampus. If two tones held for an indefinite period of time isn't minimalist to you, then go ahead and have a great time with whatever arbitrary taxonomy gets you off.
>>
File: aria mizunashi_akari.jpg (44 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
aria mizunashi_akari.jpg
44 KB, 640x480
My favorite bans/artists are

1) Type O negative
2) Cocteau Twins
3) Ulrich Schnauss

Please tell me I don't have shit taste
>>
>>61093249
nah Hampus can be fun

more fun than CLT at least
>>
>>61093236
So Richard Wagner is minimalist then?
>>
My taste is so good that I can't stand any music anymore. It's all been done.
>>
>>61093226

>avante-garde is a specific genre

Man, I bet your mom is on the receiving end of some hot opinions at the breakfast table.
>>
>>61093267
CLT had better taste.
He also was actually talented, which is why he ended up leaving /mu/.
>>
>>61093268
Why would he be? I'm just gonna go ahead and agree with this post right here >>61093254

What taxonomy would you be going by if you (contrary to almost literally everyone else) don't consider LMY minimalist?
>>
File: 1431852230309.png (781 KB, 1092x1185) Image search: [Google]
1431852230309.png
781 KB, 1092x1185
>>
>>61093276
Well if you actually knew your shit, you would know that Das Rheingold opens with a drone that is elaborated upon with simple thirds and fifths, to simulate the flow of a great river.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiyoLa9z1ao

Based on this one picture of his oeuvre, and your criteria for what makes a composer minimalist, he is now a minimalist composer.

Or we can accept that certain composers did a lot of different shit, and not be ignorant.

Again, you do not call Schoenberg a Serialist.
>>
File: 1431852292139.png (929 KB, 964x1546) Image search: [Google]
1431852292139.png
929 KB, 964x1546
>>
>>61093282

As long as you never listen to any music with flutes in it, you're ok according to Plato.
>>
hampus you can suck my dick if you think you're in measure to judge
>>
File: 1407731073963.jpg (611 KB, 2301x1834) Image search: [Google]
1407731073963.jpg
611 KB, 2301x1834
Type 0 detected
>>
>>61093296
>Based on this one picture of his oeuvre, and your criteria for what makes a composer minimalist, he is now a minimalist composer.

>Or we can accept that certain composers did a lot of different shit, and not be ignorant.
Oh, I guess no one is anything, then, because everyone did different things and we can't consider and entire ouvre of works over any single example that does not fit neatly into that label. This really proves that minimalism was a mistake and shit. Good job :^)

>Again, you do not call Schoenberg a Serialist.
He wrote a bunch of serialist works. Will you disagree with that as well?
>>
>>61093296

Except that Lamonte made a few serialist pieces and then went on to make music that is almost universally considered minimalism until literally today, when you can go and hear minimalist music at his place in Tribeca.

That would be the main difference which you seem at unwilling to acknowledge in the midst of your elaborate strawman scenario.
>>
>>61093345
>Oh, I guess no one is anything, then
Great reduction tard.
If you actually knew Young's works you would know that he wrote pieces that were just generally avant-garde and so even his "minimalist" work is just generally considered avant-garde, so calling him a "minimalist" is attributing him with a movement he was very little concerned with.

There's nothing "minimalist" about building a campfire, or making a straight line and following it.
>He wrote a bunch of serialist works. Will you disagree with that as well?
He wrote serialist works later in his career but he is not equivalent to the serialists that followed him like Webern and Boulez.
>>
File: Untitled.png (44 KB, 544x164) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
44 KB, 544x164
>>61093366
>he is recognized as a founding figure in minimalism
>>
>>61093337
>>61093299
>>61093282
Do people genuinely think like this? That they're on some intellectual high ground because of the music they listen to?
>>
>>61093372
And Schoenberg a founding figure of serialism, but he is not a serialist.
Listen do you have any actual musical arguments to make? You seem utterly uninformed on this topic (not surprisingly).
>>
File: Untitled.png (115 KB, 568x856) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
115 KB, 568x856
>>61093366
>>
File: Untitled.png (49 KB, 555x358) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
49 KB, 555x358
>>61093366
>>61093391
>Listen do you have any actual musical arguments to make?
It's funny because I'm wondering the same thing about you, considering you're the one trying to reject accepted nomenclature about these composers.
>>
>>61093393
>posts three paragraphs from Grove expecting to look intelligent
Schoenberg never advocated for true Serialism, truly fully organized rows. He always encouraged students like Berg of course to twist the rows in order to fulfill musical objectives. This puts him in huge contention with people like Webern and Boulez.

Again, do you have any actual musical arguments to make?
>>
>>61093410
Nice job posting a snippet I already said earlier! I guess that's new information for you though. Better late than never I guess! You'll be patrician one day.
>>
>>61093366

Avant-garde isn't a type of music, how are you this dense?

You keep repeating the same stupid shit again and again. Google "serialism" and find the first link you can find that doesn't directly reference Schoenberg. Or you know, you could offer anything to back up your own bizarre notions of taxonomy.

Your whole argument seems to be your premise followed by... your premise again.
>>
>>61093418
Do you have anything to say that isn't just "no true scotsman"? You're going against what current scholars are saying.
>>
>>61093429
>Avant-garde isn't a type of music, how are you this dense?
So then give me the movement John Cage is associated with, friend. :)
>>
>>61093453

Aleatoric music. Avante-garde is a catchall term that was in use long before Cage prepared his first piano.
>>
Since the people in this thread, who have never analyzed a Schoenberg piece nor studied music history, are still confused, here's a final post:

1. La Monte Young had many avant-garde works. For instance:

>Composition 1960 #2 is building a fire in front of the audience; #5 is releasing butterflies; Composition 1961 is ‘draw a straight line and follow it’. Has also ‘written’ The Tortoise, his dreams and journeys, a continuing perf. (since 1964 ) for vv., mixers, amplifiers, drones, and loudspeakers (but no tortoise).

He was more generally an avant-garde composer whose works led to minimalism, but not a "minimalist."

Again, you do not call Schoenberg as a whole a "Serialist." He wrote plenty of free atonality and in fact advocated AGAINST total serialism.

2. This argument has gone completely off track because Hampus can't admit that minimalism is significantly less interesting and less fulfilling than the works of Boulez, Stockhausen, and other avant-garde composers who were shoved aside in favor of minimalism.

He is a pleb with shit taste, the very object of mockery that he thought he would be finding in his own thread.
>>
>>61093389
The exotic, dulcet tones of advanced genres simply are not available to underdeveloped, underpowered minds. If you cannot immediately lay out the orthography of the notes and intentions of a composition, you are simply doomed to a lifetime of Britney Spears-styled post-African rhythm repetition, as that will be the most complex item of music that you can enjoy.
Don't feel bad. It's not your fault. It's simply within your genes.
>>
>>61092929

I don't feel the need to justify my subjective taste in music

Because I'm not a pleb
>>
>>61093504

You know that the early fluxus pieces represent a tiny fraction of Lamonte's work. If you had, say, read a second book, you would know about his study with Pandit Pran Nath (who also taught Terry Ripley) and subsequent 50 years of work has next to nothing to do with the conceptual work you reference.

I call Schoenberg a serialist because I like using words to mean things that other people will understand. Actual music doesn't reduce to the specific categories of genre or style. There is a reason everyone calls Young a minimalist, Schoenberg a serialist, and you an asshole, and it's because regardless what distinctions there are to draw, that's the best word we have to describe.
>>
>>61093513
>implying implications to validate your point
Shows your intelligence, really.
>>
>>61093504
>He was more generally an avant-garde composer whose works led to minimalism, but not a "minimalist."
And yet, scholars today consider him to be one of the first minimalist composers, because you know, he was one of the worst to write entire pieces centered around the concept of minimalism.

>Again, you do not call Schoenberg as a whole a "Serialist." He wrote plenty of free atonality and in fact advocated AGAINST total serialism.
Goes directly against anything Oxford Music (which I would consider an authority on music) has to say about both serialism and Schoenberg.

>2. This argument has gone completely off track because Hampus can't admit that minimalism is significantly less interesting and less fulfilling than the works of Boulez, Stockhausen, and other avant-garde composers who were shoved aside in favor of minimalism.
Actually I haven't voiced any opinion on which is better or worse or more interesting or anything about any composer or movement or anything in this conversation. I'm just saying you're wrong (or at the very least, not in alignment with today's scholarly opinions) in your classifications of these composers.
>>
>>61093226

that's because minimalism is one of the defining aesthetic and philosophical movements in 20th century western art music

>cage
yes to an extent but often nott in terms of process
>impressionism
pretty much no
>wagner
wtf

'La Monte Thornton Young (born October 14, 1935) is an American avant-garde artist, composer and musician, generally recognized as the first minimalist composer'

first line of wiki fucko (and its cited so dont even start)
>>
>>61093580
>An evolutionary theorist provides evidence that intelligent individuals are more likely to enjoy purely instrumental music.
http://www.psmag.com/books-and-culture/classical-music-linked-to-high-intelligence-27959
http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/may/19/new-study-reveals-lyric-intelligence-getting-lower
>>
>>61093513
inaccessible ≠ good or intellectual

if you copied a paragraph of text from a made a version where a bunch of words were replaced with obscure synonyms, only a pseudo intellectual pleb would think the newer version was better
>>
My taste in music is objectively, without bias, not shit, as I like such Patrician bands as GY!BE and other bands that most people, the plebs, simply cannot get into.
>>
>>61093616
if you copied a paragraph of text from a good book*
>>
>>61093616
see
>>61093612
Hard scientific evidence for the correlation of intelligence to preference for instrumental music.
>>
Now the original discussion was here: >>61092952
>Minimalist classical music was a mistake like Wynton Marsalis in Jazz.

Let us recall how Hampus questioned this, the fucking pleb.
>>
>>61093628
>GY!BE
pleb as fuck family
>>
>>61093575
>There is a reason everyone calls Young a minimalist, Schoenberg a serialist, and you an asshole
Oh, nice one.

>>61093638
Remember how I asked "Why?" so I could see how you would elaborate this, and never once voiced my own opinion on the matter :^) Weren't you leaving, btw?
>>
What makes someone have shit taste? I want to know the criteria
>>
does hampus have a chart of music he likes ?
i wanna be patrican also
>>
>>61093581

So Boulez and Cage are both "avante-garde" despite Boulez being a serialist and Cage an aleatoricist? Despite their famously opposite viewpoints on music? Boulez can be avante-garde and a serialist but Lamonte can't be avante-garde and minimalist?

Your whole system makes no sense.
>>
>>61093513
I really can't tell if you're memeing anymore.
It's scary really, to think that someone can be this autistic
>>
>>61092947
That sounds boring as hell, most screencaps would just be empty spaces and monochrome colors

It's better to listen to album covers
>>
>>61093636
>Hard scientific evidence
there might be a correlation between a genre and the intelligence of its audience (possibly because of the old rich people who grew up on classical) but science cant make any real statements about the intellectual depth of quality of the music itself.
>>
>>61093656
>Weren't you leaving, btw?
I left my final post on that deviatory discussion.
>Remember how I asked "Why?" so I could see how you would elaborate this
There's nothing to elaborate on. Everyone understands how Wynton Marsalis was a mistake. It should be just as obvious with minimalism. It's accessible tonal music for rockists 2pleb4Carter or Boulez
>>
>>61093612
You missed the point. An intelligent person might listen to classical music, but that doesn't make you intelligent for listening to classical music.
Do all intelligent people listen to classical music? No.

You are trying to overstate your intelligence by correlating it to your music tastes that are probably adapted just for the sake of looking like an intellectual. Yet look at you, trying to prove you're above everyone on a taiwanese cartoon image board.
You have the mental capacity of a teenager and you should make an effort to better yourself.

You're probably so convinced of your "above average intelligence" that there's no point of talking to you.

Most fedora tier thread I have seen on this board.
>>
>>61093684
I think you meant to quote someone the other guy?
>>
>>61093719
Well, I for one genuinely enjoyed Classical music as a 6 year old child, long before this study existed. Studying the piano for years only furthered this love. Believe what you want tho :^)
>>
>>61093719
this guy gets it

>study shows Intelligent People Are More Likely to Use Drugs!
>wow i use drugs look at me i must be genius!! :))
>>
>>61093705

Science doesn't have a rigorous and coherent notion of what intelligence is so studies like these accept a heuristic definition of intelligence that takes all the "hard" out of this kind of "science".
>>
>>61093749
How can you be this full of yourself simply for listening to a form of music.
Most people who I know just happen to be into classical because of their parents listening to it, so basically like you.

I really hope I never meet people like you in real life
>>
>>61093749
> :^)
lol
>>
>>61093771
I agree with you
>>
>>61093720

Yeah, heat of the moment. The content speaks for itself.
>>
I'm a classy gentleman and I'm only able to enjoy classical and jazz, so there's definitely correlation there.
>>
>>61092929

I only listen to rap, pop country, and EAI
>>
>>61092973
your autism is leaking.
>>
>>61093638

The only thing he's said that bugged me was implying Solaris isn't a great film.
>>
I the debate of classical music vs modern music and traditional art vs modern art shares similarities

classical music and traditional art often display a lot more technical complexity, but an audience who appreciates conceptual complexity and boundary pushing wouldn't be so ignorant as to only listen / view the traditional stuff
>>
>>61093836
That post was just needless aggression to instigate discussion.
>>
>>61093656
>>61093713
Sudden radio silence.
Bye Hampus, hope you escape plebdom some day.
>>
>>61093874
>That post was just needless aggression to instigate discussion
How many people on this board say things they don't believe to start discussions?
>>
I actually and unironically listen to almost everything except rap unless I'm on certain hard drugs. Then rap is borderline tolerable.
>>
>>61093904
>"my music taste is really wide I listen to pretty much everything except rap and country"
>>
But I don't have good taste.
>>
File: 3meow.jpg (177 KB, 720x780) Image search: [Google]
3meow.jpg
177 KB, 720x780
well i'm a girl and i like nice music. i finally got off my period last night so i'm gonna fuck some cute college boy today. thank you.
>>
>>61093945
Fuck me xus
>>
>>61093919
No there's some really good country.
With rap it's one in a million. I don't have time to sift through all the vulgar tripe just to find one or maybe two pearls in rap.

>rap track starts
>rap man brags about currency and intoxicants
>rap man lists luxury car brands
>>
File: mmfwrf.jpg (182 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
mmfwrf.jpg
182 KB, 540x960
>>61093959
>>
>>61093959

Don't be disrespectful to the lady you swagfag >:(
>>
>>61093945
what is it with you and periods, man
>>
>>61093989
Sorry, I have needs this morning
>>
File: bm.jpg (29 KB, 360x640) Image search: [Google]
bm.jpg
29 KB, 360x640
>>61093996
>>
>>61093713
>>61093895
I was going to school and missed your post.

But there really is nothing there to respond to. I never posted my opinion on the matter, I wanted to see you elaborate on and defend your own opinion, and seeing you do it was hilarious.
>>
>>61093975
who cares about how much bad stuff there is to "sift through" theres plenty of good rap artists with enough musical and lyrical complexity to enjoy.

Thats assuming that youre not still in the mindset that automatically dismisses rap music as all sounding the same (I use to be in it with rap, and unfortunately im still like that with metal)
>>
File: image.png (160 KB, 1242x2208) Image search: [Google]
image.png
160 KB, 1242x2208
Easy
>>
>>61094024
Words in general only distract from a pure state of Zen. I used to listen to rap and beta-indie as a teenager but nowadays I find that lyrics only distract from the deeper layers of music.

When was the last time a lyrical song conveyed to you a novel concept that you have never thought of before? It's all the same.
>>
>>61094053

I believe lyrics dont have to be particularly enlightening when read on there own, but can add to the mood of a song.

Also if you want to avoid lyrics then youre avoiding whats pretty much the most complex and variable musical 'instrument' in existence (vocals) and all great music that uses it.
>>
>>61094133
to clarify I dont mean all great music uses vocals
>>
>>61094053
Canned "I'm totally not a pleb" opinion
>>
>>61093249
Which anon are you?
>>
>>61094028
>using iPods/iPhones
kek
>>
Is it patrician to turn your trip on and off when are responding on your own thread?
>>
>>61092973
what are your favorite films and who are your favorite musicians?
>>
>>61094315
>what are your favorite films
1. Les Vampires (1915, Feuillade)
2. 狂った一頁 (1926, Kinugasa)
3. Black Moon (1975, Malle)
4. Berlin Alexanderplatz (1980, Fassbinder)
5. สัตว์ประหลาด (2004, Weerasethakul)
6. Vale Abraão (1993, Oliveira)
7. Зepкaлo (1975, Tarkovsky)
8. Lucky Star (1929, Borzage)
9. Tiнi зaбyтих пpeдкiв (1965, Parajanov)
10. Meek's Cutoff (2010, Reichardt)
>>
>>61094338
>Tarkovsky
>not stalker
wow we got a real hipster here
>>
>>61094315
Idk I don't keep lists
>>
>>61094393
then come up with a list ya PUSSY
>>
>>61094402
Nah I don't have autism
>>
>>61094393
you do tho
>>
>>61094412
dude youre a fucking pussy just come up with a list why are you so afraid of people judging you
>>
>>61094423
Nah

>>61094429
I can tell you the last film I enjoyed
>>
Why would I lie OP?
>>
>>61094447
>Nah
what's with that list of albums you like that you keep posting then
>>
>>61094304
>>61094412

didn't think so
>>
>>61094456
That's a list of albums I enjoy not necessarily my favourite albums

>>61094489
Ok
>>
>>61094570
>I don't keep lists
>I do tho
ok
>>
>>61094579
No I made a list, I don't keep lists
>>
I have a gf.
>>
>>61094868
Pleb
>>
>>61092929
Bob dylan, kanye west, lcd soundsystem, bowie, the hotelier, the antlers, lil ugly mane, battles, !!!, the cure, Godspeed, Jai paul, NMH, the pogues, young thug, sufjan, slowdive, the tallest man on earth - those are some of my favourites these days. Is that shit taste?
>>
File: hampus2.jpg (863 KB, 2301x1834) Image search: [Google]
hampus2.jpg
863 KB, 2301x1834
>>61094925
That's mostly Type 0
>>
>>61094944
those graphs arent made to be taken seriously
>>
>>61094968
The image is no joke.

Thank you.
>>
>>61094974
Disregard that. I suck cock.
>>
>>61092933
>>61092952
This

I am able to play the 11 Bagatelles from memory
>>
>>61094944

Is "Arabic modal music" just a pleb way of saying "maqqam"?
>>
>>61094968
>>61094991

felete this
>>
>>61095144
nah fuk u bitch nigga
>>
File: oohooh.jpg (17 KB, 392x243) Image search: [Google]
oohooh.jpg
17 KB, 392x243
>>61092929
Convince me you don't have shit taste Op. How long have you been playing music?
>>
>>61094974

What is the criteria for this chart? Is it a measure of the composer of the music or the listener or both?
>>
post punk is a-okay
>>
>>61095156
u's a mark ass foo yo
>>
>>61095168
16 years
>>
>>61095237
Why do you think that your taste in music is superior?
>>
>>61095274
Where did I say I did?
>>
>>61094944
Nature field recordings is literally in that pyramid. It's a joke anon, please don't tell me that you think this is serious.
>>
>>61095307
Why do you think Nature Field Recordings should not be in the pyramid?
>>
>>61095298
You told people to convince you that their music taste isn't shit. If you cast out that net, I assume you somehow believe that you are in a place to judge other peoples' taste in art.
>>
>>61095333
Why? I asked you to convince me you don't have shit taste, I said nothing of my taste.
>>
>>61095349
If you see yourself as being able to judge any person's taste in music, then you think your taste is superior compared to the average in your audience.
>>
>>61095375
I never said I am able of judging, I said convince me.
>>
>>61095418
Are you autistic anon? I'm not trying to be funny or mean like the meme way that people normally say it. I'm asking you if you have autism or a similar social disorder.
>>
>>61095435
It seems you're the autistic one since you can't read my emotions or intentions :^)
>>
>>61095461
That's funny man, I'm not the one who doesn't understand communication.
>>
>>61095502
Well, it sure seems it is since you're implying I have said something I did not; a complete lack of understanding of my communication. A trademark of autistic disorders.
>>
>>61095518
Lol I'll walk you through this anon.

If someone walks in a room and says "Convince me that your taste in music isn't shit"

Then people tell you, and you judge their taste by the music that they've told you they enjoy, you are judging their musical taste.

This>>61092929 >>61092973

Is judging people's taste.

Do you understand or are you so far down the spectrum that this still isn't clicking yet?
>>
>>61095582
No, that is judging single tracks with no context :^)
>>
>>61095591
Yet you still gave judgment.

What disorder is it? Just aspergers or are there more types of autism now? I haven't gone through that section of DSM V yet.
>>
>>61095616
Yes, I judged single tracks, not taste. In fact, the thread has nothing to do with taste :^)

>What disorder is it? Just aspergers or are there more types of autism now? I haven't gone through that section of DSM V yet.
You haven't gone through any section of any DSM.
>>
>>61095650
I actually have gone through some of it. It's my field, your thread is about taste. It was in your Op.

What's it like only being able to understand communication on a literal concrete level?
>>
liking music automatically means you have shit taste ;)
>>
At least I know my taste is shit
>>
>>61095700
It's also my field and unless you work clinically you have very little to no reason going through it. Also how can it possible be your field if you can't even know the basics of autism spectrum disorder? And how on bloody earth would you not know how Asperger's is now part of the autism spectrum disorder because of how the two diagnoses were executed differently because of socioeconomic status in the US?
>>
theres literally nothing wrong with having shit taste
>>
File: _MG_2860_2-1.jpg (211 KB, 748x1200) Image search: [Google]
_MG_2860_2-1.jpg
211 KB, 748x1200
I don't have shit taste. I am the shit taste

http://soundcloud.com/moderngalaxies/the-last-class
>>
>>61095741
>you have very little to no reason going through it.

Because I am on the path to being a therapist and I do it on my own accord. I am aware that aspergers is under the autism umbrella of disorders and I never said anything to the contrary.

Again, passing judgment on people's taste by asking them about it and then criticizing it is called judging.
>>
>>61095789
It's not an umbrella of disorders, it's a spectrum, and asperger's as a diagnosis at all has been removed. That said, if you're going to be a therapist you should use DSM-IV instead because it is still and most likely will keep being the primary classification guide because it does just that much better - classification. DSM-5 blurs too many borders; which is great because it makes sense and many disorders are comorbid, but it doesn't make sense when it comes to treatment where you want everything in neat distinct categories.

>Again, passing judgment on people's taste by asking them about it and then criticizing it is called judging.
Again, judging single tracks =/= judging taste. Stop being an idiot.
>>
>>61095846
You were the one judging people's taste and making a thread about it anon. You're trying to call it something else and it's pathetic. You made this thread to hear people's music taste and judge it.
>>
Are you actually the real hampus?
>>
>>61092929
convince me you aren't a nigger
>>
>>61092929
I can't prove a negative
>>
>>61094338
Wow, amazing.

You must be real proud of yourself for liking things nobody even knows exists.

All these works of cinemá truly show what a deep, unique and interesting person you must be. No uninteresting person has such obscure taste.
Amazing. Wow.
>>
>>61095963
Right? There truly is nothing more important about a person than the type of entertainment media they consume.
>>
>>61095991

Just stop satan, hampus is turning his trip on and off to bait and bump his threads, I've noticed it before. The guy is literally mental.

>inb4 muh swedish eclecticism
>>
>>61096009
He got told off for being autistic anyway.
>>
>>61094338
>Les Vampires (1915
seriously? its a ambitious practice of a mundane ad outdated impression or idea of what film was no longer remarkable past the 20s

to think it good and double lives of veronique bad and express the kind of superiority complex you are is embarrassing
>>
>>61095700

I guess if you think there is literally a concrete level to communication then maybe you banana monkey screwdriver.
>>
>>61094386
the mirror is commonly cited as Tarkovskys best

>>61094338
why dont you just write 'a page of madness' you autistic melon
>>
>>61092929

Am I fucking crazy or do you guys all hate Hampus for some ongoing shit I don't know about?

I get that he is probably a dick, but really in this thread he hasn't really done anything that bad and everyone is losing their shit. Is it just the haughtiness?

I'm just confused is all. The title of the thread is dickish for sure, but I don't get the vitriol.

I'm legitimately curious BTW.
>>
I don't need to you
>>
>>61092929
I once said that I listen to music for enjoyment and other people called me a faggot and a pleb for that. I don't believe that enjoying music is bad, but I believe that this is a this is a lost cause.

Dear hampus,
I adore The Stooges because I was once in California (I live in Europe) and while trying to get out of the airport at LA, I realized just how the humid heat of the town had permeated into The Stooges music. I'm mad for their horny, wild take on blues, which for me surpasses The Rolling Stones by miles. I said that, because what I wanted from The Stones I got it from The Stooges. I don't look at the sax solos in the album as anything special, it just makes the recording more bluesy to me, the saxophone singing where Iggy couldn't.
I love El Tren Fantasma because it's the first album I've heard that managed to make a "historical" connection with me. Meaning that I realized the process of time both as a part of music and as something that passes by. It was just eerie.
I like to dance at Thriller and Toxic from time to time, and I laugh at myself that I'm just like those girls in youtube, posting their premature tries at sexuality.

I enjoy music, because I feel it makes me know myself better. I listen to everything I stumble upon and try to understand it's significance, it's value as a cultural artefact, because someone somewhere made this for himself and looked at it and thought it meant something. I adore that. I adore this kind of love and I think it's valuable for me to be a part of it.
That said I don't listen to much music lately.
>>
>>61096428
>I enjoy music, because I feel
Instant shit
>>
>>61096428

You think think the heat of LA permeated the music of the stooges? Was it a quick permeating process when they were on tour or something? You know they're from Detroit, right?
>>
>>61096535
I was referring to "Fun House", but it's my bad for not mentioning it. It was recorded in LA.
The Stooges are from Michigan.
>>
>>61092929
But I do.
>>
>>61092929
Future Days is the best album ever made.
>>
>>61092973
>There isn't a single good film on this image.
ok fuck off solaris is great
>>
>>61094338
Please.
1. 愚かな萌えたわごと (1973)
2. Condentium [Director's Cut] (1971)
3. せうltりせ (1944)
4. Μάγkνα Πρεμιυμ (1957)
5. Electric Fires (2008)
6. (1999) لورم أت نصي كنسقاة
7. N.I.S.L Adorne Nec! (1985)
8. Pellente Skews (1951)
9. Nỗi Kinh Hoàng của Chiến Tranh (1969)
10. The Negro Spoke of Rivers (1936)
>>
>>61093513
Remain in light counts as post-African, and yet it's well constructed, complex and well textured music.
>>
>>61092929
I only listen to Tibetan throat-singing and 8-bit remixes of Neutral Milk Hotel songs.
>>
>>61093223
>I have not seen solaris
>>
>>61092929
You don't mater to anyone
>>
>>61092973
>newfriend.
am I supposed to know who you are?
I may have seen your name before but you never really stuck out.
>>
>>61092929
I only listen to music i enjoy.
>>
>>61099414
>implying Solaris is the best film on that list

Yikes!
Thread replies: 211
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.