[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of The Pixies?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: pixies.jpg (42 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
pixies.jpg
42 KB, 400x300
What does /mu/ think of The Pixies?
>>
>>61089447
Is that Kim Dotcom?
>>
I hate where is my mind. Is their other stuff better? Is it their "Creep"?
>>
>god dammit kg!
>>
>>61089659
I like Where Is My Mind even though it's kinda become a dude weed slacker-bro anthem. But yeah, they have a decent amount of variety.
>>
I used to really enjoy their music but it feels too middle of the road these days. I think that they had some good songwriting but their musicianship is really subpar and boring, and their production is boring, and that their albums are arranged really poorly with tons of forgettable material. They have a few songs I enjoy but are the kind of band I don't really have any plans to revisit. But certainly key in exposing me to lots of neat rock music from the 80s, acting as the bridge between my 90s alt rock thing and my general exploration of rock music
>>
File: surfer-rosa.jpg (47 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
surfer-rosa.jpg
47 KB, 600x600
they're pretty terrible musicians desu. Pic related is pretty good I guess, but their discography as a whole is really only worth a best of albums desu.
>>
>>61089659
Pretty much.

>>61089447
They're great live.
>>
>>61089762
terrible musicians or songwriters?
if just bad musicians then who fucking cares, for the music they write it doesn't detract any quality whatsoever
>>61089723
The thing that always has drawn me to them is that they have this detached approach rhythm, and also the fact that so many of their songs' chord/note structures are grouped in 3s, it totally throws you off from what you would readily expect. The thing people keep focusing on with them is their "soft loud soft" thing but I really feel like that's missing the bigger picture of what they did. Still though, it's not like this aspect that I like about them is something that they intentionally went about doiing (which is a good thing), their music comes from the body and less from the mind and is a good example of how this kind of approach can be done right.
Their new album is meh though from what I've heard from it, though.
>>
Love 'em

I have the Deluxe Doolittle vinyl with B-Sides and Demos. Saw them live back in May, it was probably my favorite show that I've been to.

I love the variety, I love Frank Black's style, his screams, I love the bass that cuts through and those groaning guitar solos.
>>
>>61089644
I'm pretty sure he's called Kim Deal you goon
>>
YOU FUCKING DIE
>>
>>61091637
no, I was talking to kim
>>
HOPE EVERYTHING IS
AAAAAYLLLLLLLLLLRIIIIIIIIHYYYYYGHTTTTTTTAAAaaHHhh
>>
There were rumours
>>
>"the"
>>
>>61089447
is that Rick from pawn stars xD
>>
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 637x637) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 637x637
>>
>>61089762
How can anyone think this?
Do you even know what punk music is?
>>
>>61089447
That's actually pretty funny anon
>>
>>61092838
who are they
>>
>>61089447
I forget where, but Frank Black recently straightup admitted he doesn't care/have the passion anymore and only does it for the money (which eh uses to put his kids through those weirdo Montessori schools)
>>
>>61092883
dude with his head cocked leaning against the pole looks like gary oldman
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.