[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, album of the year? I think so.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2
So, album of the year?

I think so.
>>
In my top 5 I think
>>
it's good but not aoty material imho

i think the next thing she'll make will be truly great tho
>>
Industry plant she is a puppet for executives
>>
The demo version of Realiti is so much better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9XKLqGqwLA
>>
>anything with Kill V Maim on it
>album of the year
>>
>>61089361
yeah about that...
>>
>>61089381
This. I saw her at Fun Fun Fun Fest the day after the album dropped and hadn't listened to it yet. When she played the album version of this song I was severely disappointed and confused, I didn't realize she had redone it.
>>
>sell out of the year
ftfy
>>
>>61089381
This song is fucking perfect.

I do like Art Angels for what it is, but the fact that she won't put out more stuff in this vein kills me.
>>
>>61089381
yeah I much prefer this one
>>
>>61089402
You haven't been funny since August man
>>
>>61089381
>>61089440
>>61089478

I don't really understand anyone that prefers the original to the new version.
The new version is just fuller, of-higher-quality. Filled-out.
This was great at first also, but it honestly is what it's labeled as now: 'demo'.

++
>anyone that doesn't realize AA is modern pop gold
>shig
Tied for my AOTY with Tame Impala's Currents
>>
le quirky girl ecks dee
>>
definitely one of the best
>>
>>61089855
The reason I prefer the older version is like honestly because it was more accessible. Like the album version seems more sparse and seemed to remove a lot of what made it sort of catchy and easy to digest so I find it more enjoyable. Like the album version, to me, sounds like she mainly reformatted it to have less of a linear structure but I just sort of prefer my pop to be less challenging I guess
>>
>>61089917
Rereading this I realize I sound like the kind of person that me from 3-4 years ago would have hated a lot, but I'm less of a fag now so there's that
>>
pretty much nothing else significant came out
>>
I liked it and I wanna check out her past stuff now.
I didn't like that track in a diff language tho but I appreciate her trying to do something different :)
>>
>>61089917
>>61089941
Haha I appreciate that you said that.

But that's so strange that I feel exactly the same as you, just oppositely I think the album version sounds full and easier-to-digest (more pleasing to a general public).
That's something great about this album -- it's modern, 'now', got some grit and roughness, from a cool young girl. It's great.

As someone that couldn't get into Grimes before -- I'd listened to Visions and I thought it felt empty and too sparse -- Art Angels made me a huge fan, so much so that now I've gone back and can easily appreciate her discography. All the shit she made with just her and her laptop.

I think the album itself is so great because so many of the songs can be played at parties or in DJ sets and be surprising and new and fun and very, very, catchy. This is the album I'm showing so many people right now and everyone's loved it, it's actually crazy how well it's been going over

>>61089289
It's tied for #1 w/ Tame Impala's 'Currents' for me
>>
>>61090097

lol, forgot I already said about my other AOTY
>>
>>61090097
Hey Claire!
>>
>>61089289
Worst song on album?
>SCREAM
>>
>>61090118

I mean her recent interviews would make me believe she feels that way too. She knows her music is better now.
>>
>>61089289
>vapid tumblr girl gets some producers to make a pleasant-sounding pop album for her
Yeah, amazing.
>>
>>61090629
>vapid tumblr girl

Now why would you go on and stir up trouble with a post like that?
>>
>>61090629
You can say it in as much of a reductionist way as you want but it doesn't really make the album sound any less good
>>
>>61090629
your ignorance is showing
>>
>>61089289

she should've make butterfly or venus fly video instead of killvmain
>>
>>61090676
she'll probably make one for every song desu, milk it like she did visions. not that i'm complaining or anything, i liked pretty much every track on AA but i think MVs are pointless
>>
>>61090629
4/10 bait
Like her music or not, but she's produced the album herself. It's been three years since visions so she's had more than enough time to figure out Ableton live or whatever she uses.
>>
>>61090629
Grimes has been around for a while, I don't think you can reduce her to vapid tumblr girl

Even though I think the new album sucks. I was looking forward to it and smelled bullshit the second I saw the album cover. And shit it was indeed.
>>
It's nice to see it get some love, the best you can usually hope for nowadays in a Grimes thread is generic hostility. At worst you just get 200 posts of full autism/ meme mode
>>
>>61089289
she looks like a fucking neanderthal. eyebrows of a grizzly bear, gigantic ears, and it looks like her parents tried to suppress the growth of her nose as a child by placing a bowling ball on her face every evening when she slept. 0/10 would rather fuck a battle droid.
>>
butterfly is a really beautiful song
>>
>>61089289
>hear Flesh Without Blood and disappointed with how mainstream/trendy it is
>finally decide to check out album
>opens with "laughing and not being normal"
>mfw Grimes trying to write shitty faux-classical
this is why you learn music theory, kids.
>>
>>61089289

>So, album of the year?

yeah. im not a nigger.
>>
>>61092553
Using your extensive knowledge of music theory, explain in technical terms what makes this a bad song.

Optional: then explain how this translates to a listener who doesn't suffer from autism.
>>
>>61089289
not the album of the year but it is in my top 10
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.