[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TWDY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (314 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
314 KB, 1000x1000
What does /mu/ think of This Will Destroy You?

Do you guys even know them?
>>
>>61087097
>>/reddit/
>>
I love them.

>Do you guys even know them?

they're not obscure senpai
>>
>>61087117
Sorry, it just felt a bit off the radar
>>
>>61087097
/mu/ hates third wave post rock
I think they are OK
>>
Haven't listened to them in a while. From what I remember it's regular 3rd wave postrock, but they did it pretty well.
>>
Back to reddit, fuckass.
>>
>>61087180
Just thought i could get an honest opinion.

I guess not
>>
i liked them a lot when i was real into 3rd wave post-rock. admittedly haven't listened to them for a while but Threads and Freedom Blade are really good tracks
>>
>>61087097
>do you guys even know them
keks for days

That aside I'm not really a fan, they're just sort of generic crescendocore
>>
>>61087097
Yeah, I know them; they're that band BMtH stole their brand of watered-down post-rock from. I was really into them when I was, like, a teenager who had no idea what good music was.
>>
>>61087150
TWDY is one of the only third wave acts that /mu/ generally likes. All but their first album was unique enough to distance itself from crecendocore. Another Language is really great imo.
>>
I enjoy them but I don't think their anything special and cant jusitifiy spending 20$+ on one of their records
>>
>>61087097
This thread is already getting a lot of kneejerk reactions from faggots who worship Swans and Slint

I swear it's more acceptable to like nu metal than third wave post rock here
>>
>>61087539
>BMtH
>post-rock
I think you got your genre's mixed up, son.

>>61087097
Decent-ish 3rd wave post-rock. No real reason to listen to them.
>>
>>61087097
yeah, they kinda do the same epic builds over and over again. they're trying to be cerebral post rock or something but nothing they've made has been of any real worth
>>
>>61087589
I'd listen to 3rd wave way before I'd listen to nu-meal, but what's the point of retreading the same ideas over and over again. 3rd wave post rock is as creative as post-grunge is.
>>
>>61087597
I didn't say they were post-rock; they did take some watered down post-rock(ish) elements for Fuckhuge Title and Sempiternal, and they were about as boring as this shit.
>>
Have people in this thread actually listened to them in the last... I dunno, 5 or 6 years? They abandoned the crescendo thing years ago.
>>
The only third wave bands I like are Magyar Posse, Crippled Black Phoenix and Russian Circles
>>
>>61087661
I have; they're still pretty mediocre. They're alright, but why bother with "alright" when you have greater things out there?
>>
>>61087669
>Russian Circles
>>
>>61087693
What an incredibly vague and pointless reply.
>>
>>61087711
a friend reced them to me
what's wrong with them, just generic third wave?

>>61087097
they're p good OP
try; Shels*, We Lost the Sea, and Toe
>>
>>61087868
>what's wrong with them, just generic third wave?
Nothing's wrong with them if you like them. I just don't like them, and I thought the point of music was to shit on things you don't like.
>>
>>61087661
Tunnel Blanket was really good, that opener, Little Smoke >>>>
>>
>>61087711
Fuck you their drummer is great
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.