[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Discuss Ariel Pink
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: Ariel-Pink-2.jpg (36 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Ariel-Pink-2.jpg
36 KB, 400x400
ITT: Discuss Ariel Pink
>>
File: kurdt.jpg (342 KB, 1014x1077) Image search: [Google]
kurdt.jpg
342 KB, 1014x1077
Daily reminder that he is still alive
>>
>>61080740
Pretentious
>>
>>61080740
a genius. there's no one there that do anything even close. he's limitless
>>
>>61080853
>limitless
can he make a hip-hop album then?
>>
>>61080853
no one out there* forgot 1 word sorry
>>
>>61080874
before i answer dis, imma need to know why you asked hip-hop and not other genre
>>
I cannot get enough of his lo-fi albums. My favorite of them is House Arrest, but all of them are 9/10 or higher. Before Today, Mature Themes, and Pom Pom are all god tier as well. Also, he is one of the last true "characters" in pop/rock music
>>
Is that grimes?
>>
>>61080740
easily the most interest/talented artist/ out right now for awhile, post before today was his break out into the p4k crowd that hated his shit before that
but I'll always feel bad for this guy, even though he keeps putting himself into the bad situations

but he will mostly end up never getting the full respect he does as an artist. it's always ariel said this shit or Ariel is problematic

back to his music, i Think he has it in him to really release the album pop album of this decade but lack of self confidence or something, he shows glimpse of that but never fully executes on it

similar to dean blunt where they have a coherent discography, But dean is doing that on purpose with his limited resources and talented

where as ariel potential as mentioned earlier is limitedless

I think i'll always be sad that grimes(love her but cmon) is praised more because of ariel's use of bait.

People i've known met thru mutual friends who talk to him time 2 time in L.A. say hes a sweet guy who loves music for what it is. sees the good in all music and people.
>>
>>61081004
sorry meant INCOHERENT discography :(
>>
>>61080851
What the fuck is with all these new people on /mu/ who like to incorrectly use the word pretentious with no basis or explanation.
>>
File: B37AGYsCIAAtqT4.png (407 KB, 600x414) Image search: [Google]
B37AGYsCIAAtqT4.png
407 KB, 600x414
>>61081004
yeah, dat grimes thing.. u have seen what john maus said about it? it's a old but is worth cheking again
>>
>>61081127
yeah i seen it
>>
>>61080740
his comment on grimes is the definition of based
>>
>>61080740
grimeth really let herself go
>>
Back in 2010 The Flaming Lips came to St Louis and I'm psyched to see them. Ariel was a first act and before the show he did a one man show at Vintage Vinyl down the street from The Pageant. It was 15 mins or so of him just singing stuff I wasn't familer with. He seemed alright and the main show was good. Haven't heard much since Before Today.
>>
File: ariel[1].jpg (162 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
ariel[1].jpg
162 KB, 900x600
>all fucking grimesfags must fucking hang
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>61081069
They try to use big words they don't really understand to impress everyone. The exact definition of pretension
>>
Who here thinks Worn Copy > House arrest?

I've seen a lot of love for house arrest but not so much for worm copy. The common critcism is that there is filler on worn copy but I don't see it at all.
>>
>>61080740
I fug him
>>
>>61082204
I prefer Worn Copy. I think there's filler on pretty much all of his albums though, it just seems like the way he makes and releases music; he doesn't filter his output that much except for maybe his recent albums.
>>
>>61080740
is he goofyer than le goof master himself?
>>
i love everything he has put out except mature themes which isn't bad but just an okay album, but when i first heard the doldrums nothing else mattered.. fucking goldmine of music
>>
Poor album artist but some fucking spellbinding californian pop singles - and his aesthetic really places the audience in that summery nostalgic setting well

For Kate I Wait
I Can't Hear My Eyes

are his two best, wew laddy
>>
>>61082929
>Poor album artist

I disagree
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.