[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the most BTFO album of 2015? I have literally not seen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: death_jennystream_00.jpg (57 KB, 972x593) Image search: [Google]
death_jennystream_00.jpg
57 KB, 972x593
Is this the most BTFO album of 2015?

I have literally not seen it on a single years end list
>>
>>61079396
wanna know how i know you're shit

cause you don't visit scaruffi's website
>>
>>61079442
>implying Jenny Death is on the year-end list, which currently only has Pomegranates
>>
Wait for Fantano
>>
>>61079465
doesn't matter much

6.5 is a pretty good album on scaruffi's scale
>>
>>61079396
they are the led zeppelin of hip hop. there discography shares a parallel trajectory as Led Zeppelin, it's really obvious. LZ was a louder more amplified version of blues music, they are that for hip hop. The first album was strongly rooted in the tradition they came from (blues of LZ hip hop for DG) and stole a bunch of guitar riffs to use as hooks just like LZ did (only no one calls DG hacks because they sampled them, weird how that works). Around their third album they threw everyone for a curve by exploring the other side of their influence, for LZ this was english folk music, hence the acoustic album. For DG this was techno(for lack of a better term) music, which they explored heavily on Government Plates, this parellel is also why you have their quietest song, birds. GP is literally the DG equivalent of an acoustic album, it's stripped down and practically all of it is played live (on electronic drums and samplers etc). Then of course the bombastic double album later in the career, TPTB and Physical Graffiti. The other similarity is that both bands have unique and next level drummers, and idiosyncratic and polarizing singers(you love or hate it).

Anyway, this is why all the latest DG releases (since NLDW) have gotten middling reviews and pans, while their exclusive and mysterious aurora (giving few interviews etc. just like LZ) probably has some effect on the negative critical response (journalists very consistently dislike artists who refuse to play the press game).

Yet, DG is still selling out shows in mere minutes and there is still a legion of people who realize how monumental their work is. There are one of the few bands doing things on a level of the great popular music of the past.
>>
it's on my year-end list :)
but yeah, it's pretty weird how everybody seems to have forgotten about JD. I listened to it almost daily for months after it came out.
>>
>>61079396
epic meme broseph
>>
>>61079465
I don't think scaruffi has had much time to do album reviews in 2015
>>
no one in the industry likes DG; they are tired of getting burned by their shtick and the music is pretty boring
>>
>>61079396
>i-it's not on any lists should I like it or not?
I don't even fucking like Death Grips but christ you're daft
>>
>>61080656
>a legion of people who realize how monumental their work is
guys wer're legion
>>
>>61080834
i didn't ask whether i should like it or not you literal retard

its fairly well acclaimed yet it has no representation on years end lists
>>
>>61079396
we stopped liking dg after the disappointment of nldw and JD is like that
wish they never released it and went away forever
>>
>>61081523
p4k always snubs DG because they're just so much cooler than we are
>>
I think that a lot of people are unsure of whether to include it. NOtM and JD are technically one album, The Powers That B. Since they were released at different years, it seems wrong to put them together on one or the other.
I don't doubt DG planned it like this. They had been finished with JD since 2013.
>>
>>61081536
>we
speak for yourself newtrip
>>
2015 was the year of socio-political music

If you weren't black, a woman or a trans people didn't gave a shit about your album.

And DG is only 1/3 black so it wasn't good enough.
>>
thats what happens when you piss off critics and music publications like they did. They are still quite popular for an "underground" band so It really doesnt matter nor do they give a fuck. As long as the $$ keeps coming in why should they care about end of the year list bull shit.
>>
>>61081572
>They had been finished with JD since 2013.
source?
>>
>>61081536
You got disappointed because you didn't hide threads containing their lingo.
Once I got the news I hid everything Death Grips related and it still isn't a disappointment to me.
>>
>this was english folk music
lol
> For DG this was techno
lol
>aurora
lol
>>
Jenny Death had more of a Reddit reception compared to how hard it bombed here
BP will be their Reddit album
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.