[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do your parents listen to, /mu/? My mom likes almost everything,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7
File: parents.jpg (209 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
parents.jpg
209 KB, 1600x1067
What do your parents listen to, /mu/?
My mom likes almost everything, and her favorite band is Heart. She doesn't like punk music with fast drums.
My dad likes mostly classic dadrock, his favorite band is Led Zeppelin.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 552x368) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 552x368
My dad likes Blur, my other dad likes Oasis, here is a picture of them
>>
Dad likes pop country, mostly
He doesn't even speak english
Mom likes radio pop and generic edm
It's funny to think I'm the one who listens to old music in the family
>>
Mom likes whatever's on the radio and queen

Dad like bluegrass and singer/songwriter stuff that's usually just a guy with a guitar
>>
My mum likes Robbie Williams and basically anything that's on the radio

My Dad likes Queen, ABBA, Shania Twain
>>
Mom's got a thing for Neil Diamond, Josh Groban, and a few other crooners. Coldplay and Mumford and Sons have become her recent favorites, go figure.

Dad's a pretty big ELP fan. Also likes Jeff Beck and a lot of your standard rock from the 60s and 70s.
>>
File: ].jpg (121 KB, 1000x727) Image search: [Google]
].jpg
121 KB, 1000x727
My mum likes three things: Classic Rock, stoner metal, Mumrock, and catchy pop. (by mumrock I mean shit like Foo Fighters)

My dad likes Simon and Garfunkel, The Beach Boys, ELO, and various 50s/60s harmony drenched bands
>>
My dad: Industrial, ambient, new wave, 80's electronic music, some alt-rock, classical and jazz

My mum: 90's RnB and soft ballads
>>
>dad
Talking Heads, Industrial, Neubaten and Throbbing Gristle kind of shit, Pink Floyd, Native American music, Mano Negra, Manu Chao, some punk, old mexican alt rock, reggae and dub, a bit of jazz, Tycho, trance, some of the stuff my mom likes, and more and more stuff
>mom
The Cure, Massive Attack and more trip hop, Lou Reed, The Clash, The Velvet Underground some of the stuff my dad likes, Yann Tiersen, Putumayo World Music kinda stuff too, and more and more

And they already knew and recognised some of the stuff i listen to like Bjork, Aphex and Pavement

I've been on my way to be a pretentious /mu/tant since i was a child familia
>>
My dad is really keen on gothic rock/darkwave/ethereal wave, especially Dead Can Dance and early Cocteau Twins. He also likes 70's ambient/progressive electronic like Jean-Michel Jarre and Klaus Schulze.

My mum however listens either to some random radio pop tunes or just whatever dad's currently listening to.
>>
My mom listens to soft rock-esque music; Billy Joel, Elton John, etc. My dad listens to NPR so I guess he listens to classical.

>>61077525
>three things
>lists four things
>>
>>61077130

>implying that both of my parents should be white
>nice microagression

My father likes dancehall and golden-age hip-hop.

And my mother likes punk and alternative from the late 70's/early 80's.
>>
>>61077130
My dad only listens to classic 'oldies' when given his choice, though he makes an exception for some shitty 90s country.

My mom seems completely disillusioned with music and won't really listen to anything given a choice.
>>
>Mom
Whatever's on the radio when she's driving in her car. Other than that, stuff that was popular in the 80's.
>Dad
Doesn't listen to music. I know that he used to be a metalhead when young though.
>>
File: wjijuZA.jpg (66 KB, 340x372) Image search: [Google]
wjijuZA.jpg
66 KB, 340x372
Mama: neutral milk, bright eyes, Joanna newsom, arcade fire, deadcandance, Donovan, mamas and papas

Pops: classical music and CCR
>>
>>61077900
Your parents are incredible
>>
My mom listens to pop country.
My dad listens to dadrock and buttrock.
>>
>Mom
Doesn't listen to music. Big fan of Mercedes Sosa. I know she saw Queen live in 1981

>Dad
80s ballads, shitty pop rock
>>
Mom listens to artists without a record label, dad likes meme rap and atheist debates.
>>
>Mom
doesn't listen to music at all

>Dad
dadrock and dadrock only, borderline music defener
>>
Generic dadrock for both my parents. At least my dad likes proggy dadrock stuff like Jethro Tull, and Pink Floyd.

Took some sheet acid with him once and let him listen to The Mars Volta, which he liked.
>>
My mom likes pop and my dad likes 90s Alt rock and 70s prog rock
>>
Mom: Selena, Enrique Iglesias, Shakira, Julio Iglesias, Jennifer Lopez, Maria Conchita
Dad: Santana, Run DMC, Beastie Boys, Os Mutantes, Earth, Wind and Fire, KC and the Sunshine Band
>>
>>61081325
guey
>>
My dad loves the Grateful Dead, ELO, Bill Evans, Miles Davis, etc. We get along well.

Mom likes stuff like Tim McGraw, lots of old pop hits, uh, Counting Crows I think. We don't talk music much.
>>
>>61081325
You are very Hispanic.

Santana's the shit though.
>>
Mom: Macklemore, Kanye, basically any trap or pop on the radio.
Stepdad: only Lou Reed 24/7
Dad: ELP, King Crimson, Yes, Mark Knopfler, U2
Stepmom: Tool, Mastodon, Alice in Chains
>>
>>61081363
*they are very Hispanic
>>
>>61081401
>parents are hispanic
>but i'm not

Literally how?

Don't be ashamed man.
>>
>>61077130
Mom listens to mom-core and dad listens to dadrock and blues.
>>
>>61081475
Oh I'm not ashamed it just came out totally wrong
The tastes they have are "very Hispanic" traditionally and I don't really listen to the stuff they do apart from Os Mutantes and Selena
>>
basically pop from the 70s and shania fucking twain
>>
Mom: modern pop, and Beach Boys
Dad: 70-80's metal and hardcore, especially with blues influence
>>
File: Shania_Twain_-_Come_on_Over.png (192 KB, 300x302) Image search: [Google]
Shania_Twain_-_Come_on_Over.png
192 KB, 300x302
>>61081544
>shania fucking twain

Guilty pleasure right here man.
>>
>>61077900

how old are your parents?
>>
nickelback and the black eyed peas
>>
they both exclusively listen to yeezy
>>
>mom
pink, queen, nirvana, melvins, soundgarden, pearl jam, david bowie, lou reed.(have in mind she had me when she was 17, on the 90's)
>dad
just dadrock.
>>
>>61081650
Dad 39 and Mom 40, or year more, one year less
>>
My mom and dad were club kids back in the day. Dad still buys vinyl. They like that Detroit sound (Mike Huckaby, Moodymann, Andres, etc). Mom has a thing for the Cure, New Order, and all that other faggy stuff
>>
>>61084890

yeah i thought they wouldn't be over 50
>>
my dad's in a fucking post-punk band with a couple dudes and a chick he knew from high school. the chick is on drums and she actually kicks ass. the lead singer is a doucher but decently decent. pops did a lot of acid back in the day so his guitar style is mad trippy. cool seeing his shows.

my mom likes lionel richie. so yeah.
>>
File: 0088875057962_500X500.jpg (60 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
0088875057962_500X500.jpg
60 KB, 500x500
>Mom
Dylan, singer songwriter types
>Dad
Sinatra, jazz crooners and such

Both hate pic related
>>
>>61085081

>lionel richie

she should know he's an asshole irl, how he is in interviews is fake
>>
>>61077525
>my ass is grass chomp it!
EVERY FUCKING TIME KEK
>>
My papa is a new wave, dad rocker.
My moma likes local pop-rock.
>>
my ma likes entry level /mu/core (no hop hop) as well as stuff like eurythmics

my dad like massive attack and was in a new wave band that coulda been pretty successful is he wasn't a junkie
>>
File: Danzig_skeletons_cover.jpg (33 KB, 316x316) Image search: [Google]
Danzig_skeletons_cover.jpg
33 KB, 316x316
>>61085132
>Covers album by an artist you've followed and loved through the tough times
>Even though you're worried, you remain optimistic and approach it with an open mind
>It's shit
I feel your parents' pain.
>>
my dad likes Arab music and pop music

my mom likes pop music

>tfw parents never taught me anything about music growing up
>>
>Mom
Amy winehouse, rock in spanish, General pop
>Dad
ELP, Primus, Salsa
>>
>Dad
When he was alive I recall ambient music, movie scores, new-wave and rock. Main bands probably where The Beatles, David Bowie and Alice Cooper with plenty of dad rock.

>Mom
Northern Soul, Funk, Reggae, New-Wave, Pop Ska.

They both listened to each others music as well actually.
>>
>>61085081
what's the band's name?
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.