[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled,what does /mu/ think of this album?Also
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: jamesferraro-skidrow.jpg (178 KB, 472x312) Image search: [Google]
jamesferraro-skidrow.jpg
178 KB, 472x312
Now that the dust has settled,what does /mu/ think of this album?Also jf general
>>
>>61075593
It's good but idk I still can't get into james choice of mixing his vocals that low. very hard to understand him at times
>>
Also thought the War EP was better even though it's a prelude?
>>
>>61075617
>very hard to understand him at times
It does not matter because he does not say anything interesting anyway.Its all about how it sounds and the album is not bad by itself but he have potential to do so much better.
>>61075639
Its a prelude even though it was not meant at first but its not really better than skidrow they are equal to me since both have its good and bad parts
>>
i liked it but it felt too much like the chronic at some points. glad to see he's going back to doing noisier stuff and not far side virtual ringtone-core
>>
"to live and die in la" might be my favorite song of the year
>>
>>61076521
i feel that way about "rhinestones." the entire album was really gripping imo
>>
thought that NYC Hell 3AM was far better
>>
absolutely beautiful and clumsy

in other words a really good Ferraro release, one that feels like a push towards the sort of pop angle he's been playing with since silica gel and sushi
>>
>>61076251
he literally just released ringtone core though
>>
File: marcel.jpg (34 KB, 666x429) Image search: [Google]
marcel.jpg
34 KB, 666x429
>>
overall i enjoyed this project. i go back to to live and die in la, street freaks and rhinestones a lot. i havent listened to it all the way through in a while tho. maybe next time i down a bottle of cough syrup i will

>>61078695
lol
>>
>>61078596
i'm choosing to ignore the literal ringtones
>>
>>61078695
https://twitter.com/LIL_ICEBUNNY/status/670489933929287680
holy shit it's real
>>
>>61075593
one of my favourite albums of the yr. very underrated. street freaks is a great track.
>>
>>61078983
you can ignore it, but you are missing the whole concept he is proposing now what with Japan as the new center of the nuclear age. War and Skid Row were a therapeutic environment for veterans, so I think it's probably only a limited indication of what he will do next. The concepts seem to dictate his sound pretty heavily, and he's looking at new stuff, though war and environmental issues seem to be important to him.

Personally I with we could have an in depth conversation bout his concepts with the Fuku Tone exhibition. For instance, what does it say about things if Japan is the new cultural leader, but it has been elected such because of it's unique victim status?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.