[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Baroness - Purple has leaked.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: baroness purple.jpg (145 KB, 1273x713) Image search: [Google]
baroness purple.jpg
145 KB, 1273x713
I listened to it, it was kinda bad. I am really disappointed, cause I wanted so bad to believe that these guys still had it in them to put out an incredible rock record after their bus accident.

I think this band might be done for after this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS5osAdTnm0
>>
I didn't think it was that bad
>>
>>61074931
It's not terrible, but its awfully underwhelming. And I am one of the few who actually loved Yellow & Green.
>>
>>61074959
Maybe your expectations were too high
>>
>>61074881
>I think this band might be done for after this one.
well they're kinda out of colours so
>>
>>61074881
buttrock record of the year desu

Yellow and Green had the cool psych sections, the best part of Purple is the sludge riff that kicks the album off
>>
>>61075075
Just wait until their next album, "Teal"
>>
Why would you think they had anything left after that abysmal Yellow & Green album?
>>
>>61074881
>tfw you thought Purple would be a mix of Blue and Red and it wasnt

god i miss Red and Blue
>>
>>61074881

I thought purple rocked...
>>
>>61075099
Orange
Black
White
X&Y
Omega&Ruby
>>
>>61074881
They have been shit since Blue, why did you expect it to be good?
>>
>>61074881
>>61074959
>>61075365
I must be the only anon on /mu who likes this band
>>
>>61075390
No, I'm here with you.
Yellow and Green being my favorite that they've done.
I think Purple will be alright, maybe not amazing, but definitely pretty good.
>>
>>61075390
I love Red, probably my favourite modern prog album ever, but the albums after that one were in my opinion incredibly underwhelming. They for me don´t live up to the musical complexity (and also the beautiful melodic playing) of Red and also suffer from terrible production (especially the case with Blue).
Not having that high hopes for this one for that reason, and also because the singles they have released leading up to the album have been kinda shit.
>>
>>61074959
Yellow and Green was awful, Purple is salvageable. Honestly if I didn't know better I'd say y+g is the one written after a bus crash
>>
>>61075456
What's wrong with Blue's production? Didn't notice anything hugely different from Red
>>
>>61075138
I miss First and Second.
>>
>>61075515
Horrible guitartone, flat and dull drumsound and a much muddier mix that doesn´t feel cohesive in the same way as Reds did imo, also doesn´t have the same clarity and top end.
>>
>>61075577
Completely disagree. I love the the guitar tone and dont think there's anything muddy about the sound at all.
>>
I thought it was good. A bit underwhelming at first but with each subsequent listen I liked it more.

I'm still not used to the new vocal style, I prefer the older raw one from Red and the EPs, but this ain't so bad
>>
I love it. Perfect mix of the old heavy stuff with the more melodic Y&G style imo, Try To Disappear is fucking crazy on good headphones.
>>
I never understood the hype about this band.. Red to me sounded like a lesser version of Mastodons Leviathan. Never really got back into them after that.
>>
>>61074881
thought this was gonna be some houston throwback

sorely disappointed
>>
>>61075620
Meh, it sounds like shitty modern metal to me, with too much gain and too scooped out in the mid frequencies, but to each his own I guess.
Still gonna check out the new one in full as soon as I can though.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.