[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
discovery
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida.jpg (93 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida.jpg
93 KB, 300x300
Hey guys I just started viewing this board and I was wondering if there were any artists that are really good I should listen too. I mostly listened to just mainstream stuff but I have seen some really good stuff on here. Any essentials I should check out? Just put them below please.
>>
The sticky, niggus
Read it
>>
File: enhanced-31525-1409580511-9.jpg (97 KB, 625x625) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-31525-1409580511-9.jpg
97 KB, 625x625
Welcome anon. Here is one of the best things i've found thanks to /mu/
>>
File: mu drone essentials.jpg (265 KB, 1584x962) Image search: [Google]
mu drone essentials.jpg
265 KB, 1584x962
>>61074338
Leave before you can't
/mu/ is a sickness
>>
>>61074338
great album though
>>
>>61074393
hey I have in the court of the Crimson king!
why should I leave this board looks cool?
>>
>>61074412
thanks. i also have heavy.
>>
File: probably better.jpg (110 KB, 396x640) Image search: [Google]
probably better.jpg
110 KB, 396x640
>>61074417
It's a cesspool full of insecure people trying to impress with their taste in music
shit gets pretty heated sometimes
This chart is probably not the most recent though
>>
https://rateyourmusic.com/
https://rateyourmusic.com/lists/
https://rateyourmusic.com/customchart

Welcome.
>>
>>61074467
TTO TINY
>>
>>61074467
http://4chanmusic.wikia.com/wiki/Essential_Charts

sorry about the small size of the other picture
just follow the link to a list of infinitely better, categorised charts
>>
>>61074417
>this board looks cool
leave now, before it's too late, for your own sake
>>
>>61074467
i just love music but i always need to find a new fix. its almost an addiction.i listen to a new artist or album i found then in a week i need something new, the more stuff i discover i can wait longer before finding something else, but the board seems to be perfect for finding new music i like.
>>
>>61074497
Chart threads and /daily/ are probably better than any others,
/daily/ has people willing to help
Topsters.net is a really useful site to make charts on
>>
>>61074497
Discogs is a good site to find music
See who worked with the artists you like, explore the labels in which the albums were released, search for cool lists
>>
OP here and you guys were pretty helpful. thanks. despite the mysterious warnings ill think ill stay.
>>
>>61074586
Ok, just don't feel compelled to like/dislike anything just because it's popular here, or on pitchfork.com, or on Rate Your Music, or because Anthony Fantano (the Needledrop on youtube) said so
>>
>>61074720
yeah, most of the stuff they recomend i like even if its from a genre i hate, once i listened to a black metal band despite me hating metal. sometimes there are ones they reccomend that are supposed to be great but i just dont get into it.
>>
holy shit there is so much music on that website how am i going to even start what the fuck have i done there is no way to pick a band to start on!!!!!
>>
>>61074338
What are your top 5 favorite bands, OP?
We can rec you bands from there.
>>
>>61074876
top 5, hmmm
1. Pink Floyd
2. Eminem
3. Daft Punk
4. Gorillaz
5. Metallica
artists that arent ranked but I can't live without
jethro Tull
King Crimson
Iron Butterfly
Green Day
Black Sabbath
Cream
Beastie Boys
>>
>>61074974
recs:
Animal Collective
The Beach Boys
Genesis
Soft Machine
Deafheaven
Minutemen
Black Flag
Electric Wizard
Sleep
J Dilla
Blur
>>
>>61075004
thanks man. i hope i dont like all of them or else my wallet will go bankrupt as i have to buy albums i like.
>>
File: this, start with this.jpg (427 KB, 1498x907) Image search: [Google]
this, start with this.jpg
427 KB, 1498x907
>>61074766
don't worry about getting into extreme genres like that, you eventually build up a tolerance;
in regards to where to start:
>>
>>61075023
Ethical Piracy is a good policy, just pace yourself
https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/
this link will provide relatively safe dl links, just save them to a file
what you need to do to find them is to search
[album/artist name] mega/link
>>
>>61075106
i buy them on itunes, so i always know what songs i liked, i spend at least 10% of my check that way.
>>
>>61075132
Did you start listening?
>>
>>61076324
yeah i listene to master of reality by black sabbath. gonna do black flag now
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.