[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Led Zeppelin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 219
Thread images: 11
Overrated, underrated, or rated just right?
>>
literally who
>>
Overrated as fuck
>>
Probably a little overrated but not too much.
>>
not as overrated as the beatles
>>
Overrated but just because of the dad rock crew who can't decide whether they like zep, floyd or acdc better
>>
>>61073284
Just right considering they're rated as the best band of all time
>>
>>61073284
Maybe a bit overrated. They do have some excellent songs though, like No Quarter.
>>
>At their time - Underrated (critics hated them).
>Now - Overrated
>on /mu/ - rated just right

How did that happen?
>>
>>61073355
/thread
>>
>>61073346
AC/DC is straight garbage no idea why they're popular
>>
>>61073373
>no idea why they're popular
It's because they're garbage. strange how that works.
>>
>>61073373
do me a favour. download this. listen to it and then kill yourself for being so wrong.

http://vinyldoneright.nl/?p=2963#comments
>>
>>61073356
No quarter is my favorite zeppelin song too

>>61073373
Yeah rym has them highly rated, what gives
>>
>>61073406
maybe if you actually listened to 77-79 AC/DC instead of basing your opinion on 4 overplayed songs on the radio you would realise that in that period they were the greatest pure hard rock band to ever exist
>>
They rock. AC/DC=Rock. They write stupid, catchy rock songs, they are all well aware of what they are. They're a rock band.

Ages ago in a whisky shack in the outback there was a distillation of rock into the band we call AC/DC.

Its because they're AC/DC is what I'm trying to get across.
>>
>>61073474
Ok yeah, but BiB is still one of the best rock anthems ever even as overplayed as it is.
>>
overrated in general, underrated by /mu/ elitists
>>
>>61073474
This guy gets it.
>>
>>61073499
Iggy Pop was doing at least as bare-bones, raw rock well before they came along.
>>
Cancerous because all the kids that were into Zeppelin back then grew into accountants/minivan dads who forced their kids to listen to classic rock radio en route to soccer practice.
>>
>>61073474
I dunno I thought they kind of sucked and still tried back in black but it was everything i expected.
What's their best album that you're convinced will change my mind?
>>
Overrated but still good.
>>
>>61073501
it's a classic riff and track, but it (including the album) lacks the power of the previous 3 albums

>>61073537
iggy's music does not have the minimalism, groove or precision of AC/DC
>>
>>61073568
back in black doesn't really compare. it's almost a parody of AC/DC.

probably highway to hell or let there be rock. powerage is the patrician's AC/DC album but not the first one you should listen to. check the link I posted above
>>
>>61073581
Also this, they had the tightest groove.
>>
>>61073581
>>61073537
I was just going to cover that. Iggy was very raw, but he didn't have any sense of melody or song structure. Most of his material was just a bunch of guys who went into the studio after taking a shitton of drugs and ad-libbed everything (at least that's what a song like Fun House feels like). AC/DC actually did have melody and songcraft.
>>
>>61073284
Literally the most overrated band on this planet.
>>
>>61073672
The Stooges must have been killer to see live back in the early 70s, but they didn't really have any concept of how to put together albums. Live music=energy and spontaneity, studio music=songcraft. They're two different animals.
>>
>>61073284
>>61073612
Zeppelin just were never a tight band either live or in the studio. Probably because Page was stoned most of the time.
>>
>>61073820
Is like how loose they sound. They're really groovy
>>
>>61073553
I'm sorry about the hurt feelings between you and your dad.
>>
>>61073820
>>61073738
Whole Lotta Love seems to be the song that birthed IP&TS
>>
UH UH UH BABY BABY BABY
>>
Most people have no idea about zeppelin. I mean, most people who pretend they are zep fans.

If you keep in mind their era, their musical ideas, their live shows and their production techniques, they were ahead of their time.

who the fuck could play guitar for 3 straight hours, they way Jimmy Page does? or drums? Jimmy Page may be overrated but seriously, he and John Bonham were monsters, especially at the live shows.
JP Jones is underrated tho, his arrangements were diamonds. I can't speak objectively about Robert Plant, I love his style and voice but he's overrated I think.
this. imho
>>
>>61073284
Overrated hobbit garbage
>>
>>61074606
>what are concerts?
>what is any musician.

How's high school? Sucks, right?
>>
probably overrated because they are always noted, but no one talks about their material other than stairway to heaven
>>
>>61074642
keeping in mind the fact that grown ups here on /mu/ listen to stuff like Surfjan Stevens, NMH, Death Grips, radiohead etc I'm trying to have as much fun as possible in high school.
>>
>>61073284
just right IMO
>>
>>61074606
Ofc they burned it so hard that they ran out of gas and stopped being a good live act by 1975.
>>
>>61075028
I agree on that, but we can't keep a blind eye on their early years, especially until 1973, they were great.
>>
>>61073908
>IP&TS
?
>>
>>61075103
Iggy Pop & The Stooges

facepalm.jpg
>>
>>61073284
that bulge tho
>>
>>61074658
>probably overrated because they are always noted, but no one talks about their material other than stairway to heaven
Or as Plant calls it "That bloody wedding song."
>>
>>61073284
Greatest cover band of all time! :-D
>>
>>61073373
okay well you're wrong
until Bon Scott's death they were consistently putting out 7-8 albums

kill urself
>>
They're overrated by casual music listeners and casual rock nerds (and radio stations... christ) but other than that I think most people rate them pretty accurately.
>>
>>61074606
Plant was the exact vocalist Zeppelin needed.
>>
>>61076143
Bon scott was great but they should've given up the fucking ghost about 2 albums in with the new guy, tops.
>>
>>61073355
Dubble dubs confirm
>>
File: Blu40Uu.jpg (85 KB, 540x765) Image search: [Google]
Blu40Uu.jpg
85 KB, 540x765
ITT: people who have only heard Whole lotta love and Dazed and confused

Listen to Rain song, no quarter, ten years gone, Achilles last stand, tea for one, etc. then come back here ya nerds
>>
>>61075161
Lol while they obviously borrowed a lot of material (or, imporved it) in their early career, that doesn't discredit all the great songs they originally wrote after LZII
>>
>>61073474
Mah Nigga.' Nothing wrong with good honest Rock n Roll.
>>
>>61077116
also "In My Time Of Dying"
>>
>>61077116
>>61077321
These guys get it.
If LZ were as obscure as TVU, they would be praised as the GOAT band on /mu/
>>
Am I only one who thinks their acoustic songs are better than most of their electric songs?
>>
>>61073373
>implying the Bon Scott era and Back In Black isn't GOAT
>>
>>61074606
>who the fuck could play guitar for 3 straight hours, they way Jimmy Page does?
Jerry Garcia could play guitar for just as long, if not longer and still be better than Page.
>>
>>61074606
Jimmy Page is shit live
>>
>>61077070
Well, they did. AC/DC stopped being a good studio act once they ran out of leftover Bon Scott material.
>>
WTF did I just read?
People comparing shit bands like Lead Blimp to God-Teir bands like AC/DC and Iggy and The Stooges?
What is this world coming to?
>>
>>61073284
They're probably the best out of the dadrock canon (AC/DC, Van Halen, Rolling Stones).
>>
"As much as I loved Page, I never saw him play well live."

-- Eddie Van Halen
>>
>>61078887
9 years later he said this:

He's a genius. He's a great player, a songwriter, a producer. Put it this way, he might not be the greatest executor of whatever, but then you hear a Page solo, he speaks. I've always said Clapton was my main influence, but Page was actually more the way I am, in a reckless-abandon kind of way."
>>
>>61077116
Black Dog is a sick tune although it kind of illustrates my earlier point about their sloppy playing.
>>
A little overrated but still great
>>
Not counting all the stolen songs and rapes of underage girls?
>>
hyper overrated

most of their albums have some diamonds surrounded by a bunch of trash

IV is so painfully mediocre
>>
>>61075071
>>61075028
They were either on the road or in the studio almost continuously from 1969 to 72 and didn't take any kind of a break until 73. That's a brutal schedule for any band to handle.
>>
>>61073284
No, screw Robert Plant. He singlehandedly paved the way for the era of hair metal and buttrock with his overwrought bullshit.
>>
>>61073284
Overrated but still good
>>
>>61079280
you gonna post this in every zep thread now?

What have hair metal and butt rock done to you?
has your mom left you to follow mötley crüe on tour?
>>
>>61079448
Not him but get the fuck off of /mu/ and go to /r/music if you want to lick Brian Johnson and Nikki Sixx's nutsacks.
>>
>>61079696
i think mötley crüe and hair metal is shit music, but i don't whine about it on every occasion, cause i couldn't care less about it.
>>
>>61073284
Most people will tell you they are literal gods, or bash them outright for stealing music. So, they are overrated and underrated at the same time I guess.
>>
>>61079760
Oh you know, we here at /mu/ all wear fedoras and listen to "intellectual" music like Neutral Milk Hotel, Sufjan Stevens, and St. Vincent.
>>
Not overrated

It would be nice if le wrong generationers played songs other than one of maybe 5 of their songs

ive never heard any of them play "the rover" and thats one of my favorite songs by them
>>
overrated but not by much

>>61079846
>or bash them outright for stealing music.

most of the people who say this just read it on some website, never listened to the original music, and essentially have no clue what they're talking about

the best example is how people say communication breakdown is a rip off of eddie cochran's nervous breakdown. it's hysterical how anyone can even draw a parallel between the two aside from the word "breakdown"
>>
>>61078722
I mean quit playing outright and started something conceptually different. Anything post '85 is pretty trash.
>>
Overrated by plebs
Underrated by /mu/

they are a decent rock band with some great songs. they also ripped off a lot of artists, too.
>>
>>61080377
Or, to say when Brian Johnson ruined his voice.
>>
Great cover band.
>>
>>61077321
Forgot that one. Probably Bonhams best performance
>>
File: 1396317777235.jpg (60 KB, 600x472) Image search: [Google]
1396317777235.jpg
60 KB, 600x472
Bring it on Home is their best song.
>>
File: ledzep.png (55 KB, 1043x274) Image search: [Google]
ledzep.png
55 KB, 1043x274
Why is he always so on the money /mu/?
>>
>>61073553

Little Anon wants to listen to rap. Dad laughs and changes the radio. Little Anon is upset but too much of a bitch to say anything.
>>
>>61074322
Baby baby baby baby baby baby baby baby baby baby baby baby baby baby baby baby baby baby baby AW AW AW AW AW AW AW AW
>>
Also no one mentioned bring it on home in this thread easily one of their greatest songs. Also for John Paul jones sickness listen to the lemon song for groovy bass squalls and all of my love for the piano solo that made you change your mind about who to vote for
>>
>>61082898
>Also no one mentioned bring it on home in this thread easily one of their greatest songs

>>61081560
>>
>>61083041
Hey so I didn't actually "read" the whole thread
>>
>>61079018
Live maybe, but on IV it's tight as fuck
>>
>>61077891
you've clearly never listened to any '73 or earlier live recordings. he was an absolute fucking demon live, the stuff of legends. just see no quarter, stairway to heaven or dazed and confused from TSRTS, or basically anything on RAH 1970. Since I've Been Loving You on HTWWW is fucking godly

this solo is godly as well, in '98 no less
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUhsA6EAQvQ [Embed]

>>61078887
Probably because he saw him in '75 or later after he started taking heroin and was shit live aside from the odd good song here and there (In My Time of Dying from Earl's Court is ridiculous)
>>
>>61073373
They're not terrible but they are overrated as shit.
At least Zep and Floyd are good bands for what they're worth.
>>
>>61081656
>Presence as good as III and HotH

fucking dropped
>>
File: Led Zeppelin 3.jpg (250 KB, 1417x1417) Image search: [Google]
Led Zeppelin 3.jpg
250 KB, 1417x1417
Overrated by normies and critics, so they're of course underrated on /mu/. It's pretty disgusting that CRJ or Taylor Swift or whatever waifu pop garbage can get more respect than some very talented musicians

>>61081656
lol III was their best album what a pleb
>>
so many /mu/tants are genuinely retarded. high schoolers with no sense of identity. so because LZ is popular they say 'hurr durr led zeppelin is shit' so they think they can be an individual. however they're so retarded that they only know 3 led zeppelin songs and fail to realise how great of a band they were and how good their songs were.

but mah death grips, mah neutral milk hotel

fuck off with your trash
>>
>>61073284
properly rated.

only contrarian edgelords who cant play an instrument say they are overrated
>>
ten years gone is GOAT
>>
>>61084803
>Probably because he saw him in '75 or later after he started taking heroin and was shit live aside from the odd good song here and there (In My Time of Dying from Earl's Court is ridiculous)

Eddie would have been 15 in 1970 which is the age people generally start going to rock concerts so he could have definitely seen LZ in the early 70s, although it's also just as likely that he didn't until they were starting to disintegrate.
>>
>>61073553
im sorry that dad made u squeeze his lemon till the juice ran down his leg
>>
They must have done something right since they influenced three generations of rock bands.
>>
>>61086100
>Eddie would have been 15 in 1970 which is the age people generally start going to rock concerts

Lars Ulrich's first concert was Deep Purple when he was only 9; that's what singlehandedly made him want to take up a career in music.
>>
>>61086189
Well, whatever the case we can assume EVH didn't see Zeppelin when they were actually awesome live.
>>
>>61084803
>this solo is godly as well, in '98 no less
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUhsA6EAQvQ

Yep, the moment I clicked the video and saw all that purple and green stage lighting, I knew it was the 90s.
>>
it totally depends on who you're asking. overrated by dads, underrated by lads
>>
>>61073305
The people who make them seem overrated by giving them blind acclaim are doing so blindly, without noticing the depth and subtlety that makes their work great. So they end up being unappreciated by both those who claim to like and dislike them. It's like if plebs always talked about how much they love Comus for superficial reasons, and that turned other people off from listening to Comus, so if you really appreciate Comus on an artistic level, you can't connect with anyone in relation to them, because the plebs all claim to love them superficially, and the non-plebs all dislike them because the plebs blindly love them.
>>
ramble on for best zep song
>>
Part of the Zeppelin mythos is that they broke up at the end of their respective decade as the Beatles did and Pantera did, so all of those groups didn't drag on years past their prime like the Rolling Stones.
>>
>>61086100
Even if he did, maybe JP had an off night. Let's not forget we're talking about EVH here, another top 10 guitarist of all time, who probably has quite a different perspective from most other people.

EVH also likes to blow up his own horn a bit, so he might even just be trying to discredit Page for his own legacy.

The fact is that JP played some incredible live shows that will go down as some of the best in history.
>>
>>61086347
yeah this actually
>>
>>61077891
His solo on The Ocean is terrible.
>>
>>61074606
technical proficiency does not equal good music
>>
Really gr8 b& m8
>>
BABY BABY BABY OHHHHHHHH OHHHHH AAHHHHHHH
>>
>>61084571
Nah it still feels kinda loose even on the studio version.
>>
>>61086831
>implying LZ aren't good
literally kill urself my man
>>
>>61086692
pretty much everything after physical graffiti is shit other than like 1 song. they were past their prime by 1976, page was strung out on heroin and plant completely lost his voice.

it's amazing how far and how quickly they fell from physical graffiti, literally their best album, to presence. that album sounds like it was thrown together in some damp basement
>>
>>61087291
yeh by that time they were being replaced by punk and New Wave
>>
Over rated, but only by a little bit. They are very talented musicians, and almost as talented songwriters.
>>
>>61087319
i'm talking more about the quality of what they put out rather than the musical shift to new wave and punk

that shift didn't cause zeppelin to write and record shit music, they were just burned out by that point.

i really don't know how anyone can possibly say with a straight face presence and in through the out door are decent albums, they are fucking terrible. the production alone on those albums makes me want to vomit
>>
>>61087291
>pretty much everything after physical graffiti is shit other than like 1 song
this is objectively false.

Achilles Last Stand, For Your Life, Nobody's Fault But Mine, Tea For One, In The Evening, Carouselambra, All My Love, I'm Gonna Crawl, Ozone Baby, Darlene and Wearing and Tearing are all excellent.
>>
>invented stadium rock
>set the mold for 70s rock guitar
>influenced three generations of bands
>experimented with a wide range of styles on their albums (hard rock, blues, country, folk, prog, etc

Nah.
>>
>>61087398
forgot Royal Orleans and Hots On For Nowhere as well
>>
>>61087398
achilles last stand is the only good song in that list...

the rest sound like songs you'd hear at some run down carnival
>>
>>61087393
>that shift didn't cause zeppelin to write and record shit music, they were just burned out by that point.
Like someone else said in here, they were going almost nonstop without a break 69 to 73, you're gonna eventually break down from that insane pace.
>>
>>61087488
and i understand that.

but it doesn't excuse the shit they released after physical graffiti, it should have just not been released. they should've just did what the beatles did and go out on their highest note
>>
>>61087472
that's clearly not true at all
>>
>>61087564
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCPdXdTX8BA

you really think this is a good song...?

this is on the same level as something like In The Light?

the only good songs after physical graffiti are in the evening and achilles last stand
>>
>>61087513
>>61086692
DESU, Pantera didn't quite go out on a high note either since Reinventing The Steel was shit.
>>
>>61087595
yes. I think the middle section in that song is one of the best things they've ever done. it's like they invented grunge in 1979
>>
>>61087659
the middle section sounds like complete aimless shit to me, just like most of the songs on these albums.

the production sounds like shit too. it's like page forgot how to use his gear. he was probably too high to give a shit.
>>
File: christgau1med.jpg (18 KB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
christgau1med.jpg
18 KB, 400x266
"Presence [Swan Song, 1976]
Originals and influentials they obviously are, but too often individual pieces of their unprecedented music aren't necessary. They didn't have time to get really silly here, so this is unusually consistent, but "Hots on for Nowhere" is as close as it comes to a commanding cut, and I prefer "Whole Lotta Love" and "Rock and Roll" and "Dancing Days." Nu? B"

"In Through the Out Door [Swan Song, 1979]
The tuneful synthesizer pomp on side two confirms my long-held belief that this is a real good art-rock band, and their title for the first ten minutes or so, "Carouselambra," suggests that they find this as humorous as I do. The lollapalooza hooks on the first side confirms the world's long-held belief that this is a real good hard rock band. Lax in the lyrics department, as usual, but their best since Houses of the Holy. B+"
>>
>>61080377
Stiff upper lip rocks
>>
>>61087777
>>61087799
Xgau was probably high when he wrote these reviews as well, so fuck him.
>>
>>61087777
it's not aimless, it's creating a dark atmosphere.

the production is shit but the new 2015 remaster especially for the last few releases sound really good.
>>
Page doesn't even want to release a box set of the 77 tour because of how embarrassing it was.
>>
>>61087988
>it's not aimless, it's creating a dark atmosphere.

comparing it to songs like idk, down by the seaside or in the light, it really shows how aimless and amateurish it is.

you can hear what you like, i don't hear dark atmosphere, i hear a guy strung out on heroin who lost his ability to write riffs that are actually interesting
>>
>>61087799
>unironically quoting Xgau
>>
>>61088010
it's a shame there weren't more multi tracked live recordings, especially in the early days
>>
>>61087799
>>61087944
>>61088110
He has a habit of going way too soft on artists he happens to like or find interesting, giving them Bs and As whether they deserve it or not while crapping on albums most people consider classics if he doesn't like the artist.
>>
>>61088066
he was out of ideas for riffs by '75, it wasn't the heroin.

carouselambra is excellent end of
>>
>>61088262
Happens to everyone. Tony Iommi hasn't made a good riff since Sabotage.
>>
File: Black_Sabbath_Heaven_and_Hell.jpg (35 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Black_Sabbath_Heaven_and_Hell.jpg
35 KB, 300x300
>>61088302
nope
>>
>>61088342
That album really doesn't have many notable riffs at all; in fact he ends up soloing a lot more because he can't come up with any riffs and Geezer ends up doing most of the rhythm guitar work.
>>
>>61088374
>Heaven and Hell and Children of the Sea aren't good riffs
>>
Iommi actually has something like 200 riffs he's recorded and stockpiled, but it's a lot harder to come up with a riff that's actually usable in a song and fits along with the frontman's vocal range.
>>
>>61088495
i've always been a bigger page fan than an iommi fan, but into the void is pretty much the best riff rock song i can think of
>>
>>61088443
COTS is a trash song though, probably one of the worst things Sabbath recorded (and their discography is pretty huge). I kind of like the opening riff in Neon Knights (dun dun dun dan duh duh duh dun dun dan duh duh duh)
>>
>>61088562
>i've always been a bigger page fan than an iommi fan, but into the void is pretty much the best riff rock song i can think of

Judas Priest had some great ones, especially Victim of Changes and Raw Deal.
>>
>>61088495
metallica said they have over 500 riffs each for the new album or something lol

it's not that hard, i probably have at least 50-100 myself although I had heaps more, probably double before but they weren't good or usable so I deleted them

>>61088562
black dog is objectively the best riff of all time. funnily john paul jones wrote that

>>61088584
>COTS
>Trash
you're not a top lad at all m8
>>
>>61088645
>black dog is objectively the best riff of all time. funnily john paul jones wrote that

black dog is really interesting for all the time signature shifts, but i've been sick and tired of that song for a very long time. i just can't listen to it anymore.

communcation breakdown is my favorite page riff, the simplicity of it is great
>>
>>61088645
Riffs are very easy to come up with, it's harder to find one that fits both the song and the vocalist's range.
>>
>>61088602
Yeah although Tipton and Downing must have run out of riffs in the 80s because those albums (like SFV) have far fewer riffs and a lot more power chords.
>>
>>61088685
>black dog is really interesting for all the time signature shifts, but i've been sick and tired of that song for a very long time. i just can't listen to it anymore.

I GOT A FLAMING HEART
I CAN'T GET MY FILL
OH YEAH OH YEAH OH OH OH YEAH
>>
HotH > IV > ITtOD > PG > III > Presence > Coda > II > I
>>
>>61088784
please stop triggering me
>>
>>61088755
That was probably more of a stylistic shift because 80s rock de-emphasized riffs. In fact GNR started as a bunch of guys who really loved Zeppelin and Aerosmith and wanted to revive the riffy 70s sounds.
>>
>>61075126
just call them the stooges m8
the stooges came first, so the point is invalid
>>
>>61088814
I'M GONNA MAKE YOU SWEAT
I'M GONNA MAKE YOU GROOVE
>>
File: 12312515.gif (456 KB, 400x170) Image search: [Google]
12312515.gif
456 KB, 400x170
>>61088834
PLEASE
STOP
>>
GONNA MAKE YOU BURN
>>
>>61088685
it's the best riff of all time m8

>>61088694
that's why I said it's not that hard
>>
>>61088850
HEY HEY MAMA
>>
File: 3377080-anton+chigurh.jpg (30 KB, 500x367) Image search: [Google]
3377080-anton+chigurh.jpg
30 KB, 500x367
>>61088865
>>61088887

i'll be visiting you people soon
>>
WATCH YOUR HONEY DRIP
>>
>>61088793
completely fucking objectively wrong

PG > II > HotH > I > III > IV >>>>>>>>>>>> Presence >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ITtoD>>>>>>>>>> Coda
>>
>>61088972
>PG >
This is my favorite zepp meme.
>>
>>61088870
>it's the best riff of all time m8

I'm sure that was Purple Haze.
>>
>tfw no love for How Many More Times
Easily one of their best songs
>>
>>61088998
i'm guessing you just listened to the radio hits and never really listened the whole thing

there isn't a bad song on the album(s)
>>
>>61089004
that's objectively wrong

>>61089012
that is objectively false. PG is objectively the best LZ album but black country woman and boogie with stu are objectively bad songs.
>>
>>61089085
>black country woman and boogie with stu are objectively bad songs.

what are you smoking, those are both good songs. clearly the weakest on the album, but still good.
>>
>>61089004
Or Walk This Way.
>>
>>61089004
>implying Supersonic isn't the best riff of all time
>>
>>61088972

>II is good

wew
>>
File: 1239767.gif (2 MB, 355x360) Image search: [Google]
1239767.gif
2 MB, 355x360
>>61089148
>II isn't good
>>
>>61088908
BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY OOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
Han solo is killed by his son kylo ren :(
>>
>>61089005
THEY CALL ME THE HUNTER
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTz_iX_L0VA

http://www.musictimes.com/articles/6250/20140520/7-songs-other-than-stairway-to-heaven-that-led-zeppelin-stole.htm

http://mic.com/articles/101850/a-us-court-thinks-the-most-famous-song-in-history-might-be-stolen
>>
>>61089198
Who cares.
>>
>>61089198
wew this hasn't been posted enough
>>
>>61073284
>>61073284
overrated as FUCK. stairway to heaven is an ok to meh song, the music is ok and the singing is kinda bad. the lead is gay i dont know why so many guitar idiots like it so much, many people have done much better leads. i said it.aaaaaaaaaaaa
>>
>>61089177

>WLL
garbage, esp "le experimental" section
>WIaWSNB
one of Zep's best
>tLS
obscene and stupid, plus boring solos
>TY
no thank you
>HB
worse than the lemon song
>LLM
worse than heartbreaker
>RO
aged worse than robert plant's hair
>MD
are you serious?
>BiOH
bretty good song
>>
>>61089295
>lemon song is obscene and stupid
>john paul jones bass line is obscene and stupid

look at this pleb
>>
>>61089295
>>tLS
>obscene and stupid, plus boring solos
>>HB
>worse than the lemon song
>>RO
>aged worse than robert plant's hair
kill urself my man
>>
>>61089295
Holy fuck these opinions.
>>
>>61089318

>great bassline john
>now play it 400 000 times!!
>it's a masterpiece!

>>61089346

epic rebuttal, now i truly see
>>
>>61089284
this desu. the lead sucks
>>
>>61089295
>WLL
>garbage, esp "le experimental" section
They were tripping on acid when they recorded that. Give them a break.
>>
>>61089359
>>now play it 400 000 times!!

the lemon song bassline isn't ramble on you dip shit
>>
>>61084571
I always felt it had some extra notes that throw it off but its still a great song.
>>
>>61089392
That's because you're a basic 4/4 bitch that can't handle a bit of syncopation ;)
>>
>>61089385

>"he famous Whole Lotta Love mix, where everything is going bananas, is a combination of Jimmy and myself just flying around on a small console twiddling every knob known to man"

come on man, that doesn't make it great

>>61089391

399 999 is still too much repetition
>>
>>61089436
>399 999 is still too much repetition

please stop talking you really have no clue what you're talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaoLINsihtM

during the guitar solo part especially... it's like his best bass work. that entire song is like a master class in bass
>>
>>61089436
"Oh yah guise, we were just fucking around with the mixing board to see what would happen we totally weren't high out of our mind on drugs even though it was fucking 1969 and we were all fucking hippies."

Come on, Bob. We know the truth. :^)
>>
>>61089494

>that video

is that you? jesus is this who i share this website with? fuck. it's worse than i thought. nice bong you fag.
>>
>>61089540
no that is not me, just a guy covering it to show you what JPJ is actually doing on the bass seeing as you clearly don't really understand what he's doing
>>
>>61089557

?? there are two different riffs happening in that song dude
>>
>>61073373
Ac/Dc is great you special snowflake
>>
>>61089604
like i said, no clue what you're talking about
>>
>>61089284
FUUUUUU
>>
>>61089359
>someone is actually this retarded
>>
>>61073359
this toast is highly underrated.
>>
>>61077864
richie havens played the bongoes until he was splashing blood out onto the front rows
>>
>>61074725
>hes literally in highschool
>>
>>61077116
>thinks he said the two most known songs
>proceeds to list five more of their best known songs
>>
>>61081560
bring it on home, bring it to gerome
>>
>>61073284
A bit overrated I guess, The Rolling Stones were better.
>>
>>61090494
id say the rolling stones were about the same, in different ways
>>
>>61077760
Bron-Yr-Aur is one of their greatest but there are just so many great electric songs
>>
>>61078754
bait more
>>
File: myman.gif (3 MB, 459x409) Image search: [Google]
myman.gif
3 MB, 459x409
>>61080101
>"the rover" and thats one of my favorite songs by them
>>
>>61073284
Albums 2, 3 and 4 are good, everything else is complete trash.
>>
>>61091067
No Achilles Last Stand, no Metallica

also
>>61086093
>>
>>61091067
>> Physical Graffiti not being best album
>> No Quarter not being best song

look at this pleb and laugh
>>
>>61073604
Are you me?
Thread replies: 219
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.