[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of this guy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: cat-stevens-2.jpg (73 KB, 644x399) Image search: [Google]
cat-stevens-2.jpg
73 KB, 644x399
What does /mu/ think of this guy?
>>
I don't know his post-Yusuf production very well, but I like most of his stuff in the early 70's. Both Tea for the Tillerman and Teaser and the Firecat are great albums imo.
>>
nobody?
>>
File: album-catch-bull-at-four.jpg (20 KB, 300x296) Image search: [Google]
album-catch-bull-at-four.jpg
20 KB, 300x296
>>61073150
>I don't know his post-Yusuf production very well

Roadsinger is worth grabbing at least. Almost as good as his pre-islam albums

Really though, the guy's never put a bad one out. Catch Bull at Four is GOAT though
>>
>>61073858
Funnily enough Roadsinger is the only Yusuf's disc in my music library. I'll check it out.
> Really though, the guy's never put a bad one out
I agree. Even his first discs (Matthew and New Masters) stood out in the productions of that time for being catchy, despite not belonging to the beat genre. Could we define them as the first pop albums in history?
> Catch Bull at Four is GOAT though
I first listened to it not long ago and I was frankly impressed.
>>
>>61073088
Apostate
>>
>>61074732
nice argument
>>
SHE HAD A STRANGE RESEMBLANCE TO A CAT NAMED FRANKENSTEIN
>>
File: Sam+Cooke.jpg (15 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Sam+Cooke.jpg
15 KB, 500x375
>>61076415
>>
WAS DOG A DOUGHNUT

he was an electro pioneer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx4DAezUW9A
>>
>>61076573
> was
>>
>>61076509
Never knew he did this first, both sound great
>>
>>61076969
Cat's cover is good, but for how much I love his music I can't deny that Cooke's performance is better. Cooke was an outstanding singer at his time and I think it's great that Stevens wanted to pay him a homage.
>>
Tea for the Tillerman is fucking GOAT
>>
>>61073088
i think Martin Starr is a pretty decent actor
>>
Morning Has Broken is one of the nicest songs ever.
>>
Never listened to him but I've always wanted to get a cat and name them Cat Stevens
>>
>>61077160
I wholeheartedly agree. I still consider it as his best album, I've got even the vynil (but I usually listen to the SACD on my laptop).

>>61077284
Yup, but I think it's really difficult to rule out any other songs from the same album. Also Peace Train sounds equally great to me.
>>
I hope he tours the states soon, would love to see him.

>tfw we will never hear Moonshadow in An American Werewolf In London
>>
>>61077595
Has he been touring recently? I'd really love to see him if he comes to Italy
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.