[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did Kanye get BTFO by Kendrick?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (141 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141 KB, 600x600
>it's not a stretch to reason that To Pimp a Butterfly had something to do with why Kanye West and Drake didn't release proper studio albums in 2015
- P4K
>>
>Drake didn't release proper studio albums in 2015
so what was iyrtitl?
>>
Not at all, if SWISH dropped this year it would completely overshadow TPAB, easily.
>>
>>61070847
a mixtape sold thru itunes, comfired by drake himself.
>>
>>61070856
nah nigga.
>>
>>61070869
>sold thru itunes
maybe in addition but I've seen it in stores since day one.
>>
>>61070877
im sure you think that white guilt rap is aoty also.
>>
>>61070837
Wow p4k at it again being complete retards
>>
kanye doesn't need white guilt for his albums to get acclaim

lol jk f︂︂a︂m no h8 here

but seriously Kanye is much better
>>
>>61070882
That doesn't change the fact that it was a mixtape.
If Monster was packaged and distributed thru the proper channels im sure it'd sell out also, doesn't make it an album.
>>
>>61070883
I'm not even sure what you mean by that. lmao

If you look at the amount of popularity TPAB has received objectively, there's no way SWISH would overshadow it.
>>
>>61070899
so how exactly is iyrtitl a mixtape?
>>
>>61070882
Nah it was released physically months later because it blew up
>>
>>61070906
you MUST be new here.
>>
>>61070899
Mixtapes are the same fucking thing as a album.
Especially if you fucking sell the damn thing on iTunes and in physical copies.
>>
>>61070914
ah thx
>>
>>61070924
No they're not because if it's not good you can fall back on "oh its just a mixtape wait for the album ;)". Drake got lucky
>>
>>61070907
there is no defining feature to make it a mixtape, im just going from the source... which is drake. But yeah, the line is blurry.
Still, the original message is that TPAB had nothing to do with VFT6 not being dropped.

>>61070924
kek so trap god is an album, slime season 1 & 2 are albums? FOH
>>
>>61070916
hahaha, no I'm not. TPAB isn't fucking white guilt rap. Please just help me kill that fucking terrible meme please.
>>
>>61070956
I don't get what the meme is? No irony at all.
>>
>>61070956
No, there is no white guilt in the album itself, but you really can't deny that "white guilt" (and I use that term loosely) plays at least a noticeable role on the album's disproportionate acclaim.
>>
>>61071000
>>61070956
On the part of the reviewers and critics, NOT Kendrick I might add.
>>
>I'm on tv talking like it's just you and me
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>61070837
Kanye held back because of that
>>
>>61070837
That's fucking retarded
>>
If Drake dropped VFT6, most of the normies would've listened to that, instead of Kendrick's album this year.

I mean TPAB would still get all the praise it gets, but I think less people would've listened to it.
>>
>>61070869
What's the difference between a mixtape and an LP these days anyway?
>>
Kanye had a lot of other shit to do this year.
He didn't care about making an album because it's a FACT that he's a musical genius and can release a killer album whenever he wants

He focused on his family life, fashion and art this year, I don't see anything wrong with it

He is a busy man, but apparently he's working on his new album though
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.