[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did he really try to kill himself by stabbing himself in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6
Did he really try to kill himself by stabbing himself in the chest like Elliott Smith?

Does the Haunting presence actually contain audio of him after he stabbed himself?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSgWMXKMiTg
>>
File: tmp_19518-6RYOTQq2042193573.jpg (320 KB, 2500x3226) Image search: [Google]
tmp_19518-6RYOTQq2042193573.jpg
320 KB, 2500x3226
>Elliot Smith
>stabbed himself in the chest twice
K
>>
File: dave-grohl.jpg (150 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
dave-grohl.jpg
150 KB, 1280x960
>>61069972
How many more times will we let him get away with it?
>>
>Did he really try to kill himself by stabbing himself in the chest like Elliott Smith?
who knows, i'm pretty sure that's what he claims though

>Does the Haunting presence actually contain audio of him after he stabbed himself?
no, the screaming and cursing in that song is him using a voor's head device

this shit is all in the giles corey booklet family, go get it, it's a good read
>>
>>61069927
>Does the Haunting presence actually contain audio of him after he stabbed himself?
I don't understand where people keep getting this from because I don't remember reading about it in the book that came with Giles Corey. I remember in the book, him saying that recording of him is when he was "using the voor head and freaking out" which was bullshit that was made to fit in the the "story" of the album.

Dan really was depressed though, and probably did try to kill himself at one time. If you look through the old entries of the NYR blog, you can find him talking about how shitty his life was at the time, about him dealing with his dad's death and being alone and not really having anything to eat (hence the song There Is No Food). This was all before he ever got popular.
>>
the giles corey booklet is just a story senpai, a really great one tho. robert voor doesn't exist.
>>61069988
kek
>>
>>61070010
>this shit is all in the giles corey booklet family, go get it, it's a good read

Yeah I need to read it more. I actually have it on pdf

Just did my own research, apparently he DIDN'T stab himself, but woke up in his kitchen with no idea how he got there.

http://www.sputnikmusic.com/blog/2011/07/03/more-weight-giles-corey-book-review/
>>
File: Dan's mom.png (30 KB, 1665x771) Image search: [Google]
Dan's mom.png
30 KB, 1665x771
>>61070019
>>
>>61069927
that sounds so gimmicky/overwrought and awful to listen to
not awful as in the morbidly shocking sense of the word, but instead the really shitty and terrible sense of it
like the musical/sonic equivalent to those nutty girls that use their menstrual blood for painting projects
>>
>>61070174
I want him to get a job at Home Depot and I want to "accidentally" drop a bag of cement on his head from the top of one of those tall ladders.

I'd be all like "Whooooooooops!"
>>
File: me.jpg (8 KB, 215x184) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
8 KB, 215x184
>>61070244
>>
>>61070244
that's just violent and mean, anon
>>
File: UH.jpg (21 KB, 620x347) Image search: [Google]
UH.jpg
21 KB, 620x347
>>61070281
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTWHLVBievg

ASS TO ASS!
>>
No but he probably has tried to commit suicide at least once. The sound in the song is the voor's head device thing, just read the booklet. It's mostly fictional but it has some real events from Dan's life. Together with the album it is a great, although extremely depressing experience.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.