[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When do most 20somethings realize they won't make it in music?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 299x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 299x300
When do most 20somethings realize they won't make it in music?
>>
they don't, and they go on to their 30's trying to do something. like the biters....
>>
>>61065324
when they're in their 40's
>>
>>61065324
At about 21. I'm 25 now and still write for myself.
>>
It's safe to assume that if one was truly talented as a musician that they'd "make it" before around 26, correct?
>>
if your ambition is to make "it" rather than make "music which fulfils you creatively" you were an idiot to begin with
>>
>>61065344
Those guys actually had potential as songwriters, but their subject matter and fashion sense are cringe as fuck.
>>
I knew going in I never would, still a fun hobby tho.
>>
>>61065391
How the fuck do you make money to live
>>
>>61065415
you get a job, obviously
why would you assume that your creative endeavours would pay your bills unless you were an idiot

that is a pipe dream's pipe dream
>>
>>61065384
Generally but not exclusively, a lot of great songwriters and composer don't even receive much attention at all until after their deaths (Jackson C. Frank, Bach) and some don't get much attention until a little little (Sufjan Stevens didn't get much attention until he released Illinois when he was 30) so yeah it varies
>>
>>61065435
But how can you become a successful musician if you aren't giving it all of your time and energy
>>
>>61065459
>But how can you become a successful musician

>>61065391
>>
>>61065511

Alright buddy.
Godspeed. Enjoy your minimum wage while playing shitty basement shows.
>>
I'm 27, I just write now for my own sake, my plan is to just finish school (comp sci), get a job, and just continuously write, record, and release my own stuff on my own. Fuck "making it", I make music because I like it. Also, making it is sort of meaningless in this day and age, anyone can make and release music, and no one buys music anymore.
>>
>>61065538
How old are you?
>>
>>61065538
why assume I am going to be paid minimum wage, I never pursued music as anything but a hobby and have literally no intention of attempting to make it support me financially, nor do I play "basement shows"

you really are an idiot
>>
>>61065384
Not really, Trent Reznor was around 30 when he starting putting out his shit
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.