[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you promote you music /Mu/? I currently hand out business
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
How do you promote you music /Mu/?

I currently hand out business cards, and use Instagram mainly, but I feel like I'm missing out everwhere.
>>
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 434x583) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 434x583
Pepsi sponsor me
https://soundcloud.com/geyserbastion/track-1
>>
>>61061642
i'm in the same boat but i'm not very confident in wanting to promote my music because deep down inside i know it's shite. But i have potential i guess...
>>
>>61061706
Well they say its 1/3 creaativity, 2/3 promotion

But like, fuark, waddo i do?
>>
>>61061642
Spam it on /mu/ until the mod bans you, that way you atleast have the potential of becoming a very shortlived shitty meme (no but seriously tumblr/facebook/whatever online forum or group for your sort of music is helpful imo)
>>
like this
https://cassettereflections.bandcamp.com/album/virtual-enigma
>>
>>61061642
You make one awesome track in an album/EP
It has to be THE BEST track in the album
or the best track you feel you ever made
Then you get this track, and make a clip for it
It has to look cool or go viral or some shit
then you promote that video on youtube or facebook or some shit
The promoting feature is a great resource sometimes

then you pray
>>
make better music
>>
>>61061681
do you have paypal?
>>
Get a soundcloud and a bandcamp, then post in every single bandcamp and soundcloud thread on /mu/, 420chan, musikchan, and any others you can think of.

Guaranteed recs.
>>
Actually playing my music
>>
Be shameless. Get creative. Don't rely on standard methods of advertising.
>>
>>61062560
Yes why?
>>
People who download your album on bandcamp have the option to leave their email address, which gets stored in your bandcamp "mailing list". Even if you don't make that a mandatory thing, people still sometimes choose to do it.

Next album you're releasing, the day before you should email everyone on your mailing list about it.
>>
File: a3630565163_16 (3).jpg (93 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
a3630565163_16 (3).jpg
93 KB, 700x700
Like this:

https://growhouse.bandcamp.com/album/never-say

New single.

>shoegaze, psychedelic rock, dream pop
>>
>>61062966
Holy fucktits this is actually really good senpai
>>
>>61062933
can you send me money for cigs?
>>
>>61063075
'ow much yaneed bruv innit?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.