[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you're not a tenor >tfw you won't make it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: sadqueen.jpg (6 KB, 270x187) Image search: [Google]
sadqueen.jpg
6 KB, 270x187
>tfw you're not a tenor
>tfw you won't make it as a singer because you can't hit the high notes and can't hit the low notes
Fuck being a baritone.
>>
>>61059380
That didn't stop David sylvian or sctott walker
>>
>>61059404
Those are older musicians. We're talking about the modern day. After the Beatles, the world's been in a tenor-obsession.
>>
File: 1449991720146.png (577 KB, 480x476) Image search: [Google]
1449991720146.png
577 KB, 480x476
>tfw tried singing Neutral Milk Hotel with then-gf
>tfw she told me I'm a terrible singer and I should stop trying
>tfw she wasn't joking
it hurts
>>
>>61059476
Jeff Mangum isn't even a good singer (and I love NMH). How did you fuck that up, are you in bass range or something?
>>
>>61059380
John Wetton
Greg Lake
after glam-David Bowie
Ian Anderson
Tom Waits
Mark Lanegan
Nick Cave
Morrissey (sort of)
Ian Curtis
Michael Gira
well you get the idea...
>>61059463
nice excuse faggot
>>
>>61059603
proof that baritone is god tier
>>
>>61059515
dunno maybe she was just a bitch
>>
How can i know whats my range and all these fancy words ITT? I can sing along to most avey vocals in anco songs
>>
>>61059603
People don't like baritones like they used to. It's all about the high notes these days. Why do you think people start cheering when you play the high notes up the neck of the guitar?

>nice excuse faggot
>proves my point by posting old artists
>>
>>61059709
literally takes 1 minute to google it
You are a tenor
>>
>>61059709
Avey's a tenor. If you can hit his high notes too, you probably are one as well. If you can't sing C5 in chest voice, you're not a tenor.
>>
>>61059747
b-but i can also hit some low notes in some faith no more songs, like evidence, how did you exactly googled that? If im a tenor should i be able to sing some beatles songs? Most of john songs give me a hard time and lets not start on paul, that guy hits some insanely high notes sometimes
>>
File: image.png (3 KB, 500x61) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3 KB, 500x61
I'm a basso profondo...my lowest comfortable note is a low B but I can go a few lower in a softer voice. Pic related, it's the closest pic to my range, although it should be shifted left on the piano a few notes

>tfw can barely hit middle C
>tfw all my favourite songs I have to sing 1 or more octaves down
>>
>not yelling in a nosie rock band
are you guys even trying?
>>
>>61059772
Which one is the 5 of all C's on guitar (standard tunning)?
>>
>>61059843
well it all depends on many factors. For example Mike Patton can probably sing most of existing songs while most of us have a quite limited vocal range

>>61059900
2 octaves above the first C on the fifth string. So the C you are looking for is on the 8th fret playing the 1st string
I don't agree with what the guy told you though. You may still be a tenor if you can't hit that note in your chest voice
>>
>2015
>Not just using pitch shifter on your experimental post-psychedelic experimental indie noise pop band
l e l
>>
>>61059851
kek thats pretty cool
at least you are not me
My vocal range is so limited I literally can't sing any song without straining myself unless it's some indie shit like Belle and Sebastian or The Microphones
>>
>>61060036
What the hell? Are there really human beings able to sing C5 in chest voice? How is that possible? Where can they even get with their head voice? Or their fucking falseto? Jesus
>>
>>61060158
You probably just dont know how to use your voice 2bh
>>
>>61059463
kek, both singers that anon said came after The Beatles.
>>
>>61059380
Just get in a Post-Punk band.
>>
>>61059380
Holy shit OP are you me?

In highschool i was the shit in choir because i could go low as fuck, but now it doesnt matter because literally every relatively popular song is tenor-teir, and i dont want to destroy my vocal chords singing metal.
>>
>>61061796
Actually, i can hit lots of tenor notes as well, and i had way more range than other kids in choirs, the problem is, my upper range throat voice sounds like shit, and i cant do head voice without sounding like mikey mouse, or a female opera singer.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.