[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: we summarize an entire fanbase
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: Animal-Collective.jpg (2 MB, 2100x1400) Image search: [Google]
Animal-Collective.jpg
2 MB, 2100x1400
>people that think it's experimental
>people that think they have refined indieh taste
>people that shit on tame impala when it's literally the same thing
>>
anco fans are just the cool kids of thier special ed. classes
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (203 KB, 2562x1430) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
203 KB, 2562x1430
the kinds of people that think grimes is talented

>type 1
tumblrina SJWs that get high off social progression and women producing their own music despite how atrocious it is

>type 2
waifufags with low standards in beauty. i think its a defense mechanism whereby the waifufag is attracted to her because of how ugly she is (i.e. "theres a chance i can get with her")

>type 3
people with shit taste

>type 4
shitposters

>conclusion
no one with good taste unironically likes her music
>>
what if you enjoy how it sounds
>>
>>63450328
you're not supposed to enjoy anything around these parts
>>
>>63450328
>enjoying
>sound
Pleb
>>
KPOP

Girls who get beat by their dad if they get an A-
Anadromous males who struggle with daily life
>>
>>63450344
>>63450357
so funny, upboated :)) LE /MU/ HATES EVERYTHING RITE WE ONLY LISTEN TO LE NOISE XDD
>>
>>63450357
:(
>>
animal collective are pretty experimental at times tho... tell me hollindagain, here comes the indian, danse manatee, and some parts of STGSTV aren't experimental. some parts on feels and sung tongs are a little experimental too.
>>
File: 1.jpg (518 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
518 KB, 1920x1080
>people that think it's experimental
>people that think they have refined indieh taste
>people that shit on Smashing Pumpkins when it's literally the same thing
>>
>>63450512
P4kdrones actually believe this
>>
>>63450344
You got it.
>>
>>63450534
what do you listen to?
>>
>>63450457
dont forget beta males who want to impress their azn waifu
>>
>>63450512
>tell me hollindagain, here comes the indian, danse manatee, and some parts of STGSTV aren't experimental
they arent experimental, at least not to the average music listeners that are familiar with music outside of the p4k approved bubble
>>
I don't like Animal Collective but they definitely don't sound anything like Tame Impala.

You'd be more accurate with MGMT.
>>
>>63450534
u know what fuck off im not in the mood to argue. i feel u tho, i come here to spew shit every day too.+
>>
>>63450496
neil young sucks
>>
>>63450550
My favorite artists are Merzbow, Boredoms, Gerogerigegege, Coil, Throbbing Gristle, Whitehouse, Nurse with Wound, Einstürzende Neubauten, Death in June, Current 93, La Monte Young, Moondog, Lou Harrison, Henry Cowell, Luigi Russolo, Popol Vuh, Fishmans, Jean Jacques Perrey, Les Rallizes Dénudés, Rainbow Caroliner, Taj Mahal Travellers, Fushitsusha, Peter Brötzmann, John Cage, Scott Walker, Unwound, Frank Zappa, Morton Feldman, Captain Beefheart, Pharoah Sanders, Albert Ayler, Ornette Coleman, Alice Coltrane, Arnold Schoenberg, Pierre Boulez, György Ligeti, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Thinking Fellers Union Local 282. Raymond Scott, Delia Derbyshire, Daphne Oram, Terry Riley, Peter Sotos, Boyd Rice, Henry Flynt, Kazumoto Endo, David Tudor, Half Japanese,Secret Chiefs 3, Keiji Haino, Ramleh, Otomo Yoshihide, John Zorn, Joe Meek, Faxed Head, Harry Partch, Wesley Willis, Fred Frith, The Residents, Sun Ra, Sun City Girls, Hans Krusi, Royal Trux, Jandek, Loren Mazzacane Connors, The Dead C, Comus, Cromagnon, Eliane Radigue. The Red Krayola, Opus Avantra, Pan.Thy.Monium., Murmuüre, Gong, cLOUDDEAD
>>
>>63450588
does the list go on?
>>
>>63450570
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOJl2YTSAFk
so what do you call this then?
>>
>>63450588
mega snooze
>>
>>63450588
this is an outdated poseurcore list
latest one

>Merzbow, Boredoms, Gerogerigegege, Coil, Throbbing Gristle, Whitehouse, Nurse with Wound, Einstürzende Neubauten, Brainbombs, Death in June, Current 93, La Monte Young, Moondog, Lou Harrison, Henry Cowell, Luigi Russolo, Popol Vuh, Fishmans, Jean Jacques Perrey, Les Rallizes Dénudés, Rainbow Caroliner, Taj Mahal Travellers, Fushitsusha, Peter Brötzmann, John Cage, Scott Walker, Unwound, Dead ,Frank Zappa, Morton Feldman, Captain Beefheart, Pharoah Sanders, Albert Ayler, Ornette Coleman, Alice Coltrane, Arnold Schoenberg, Pierre Boulez, György Ligeti, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Thinking Fellers Union Local 282. Raymond Scott, Delia Derbyshire, Daphne Oram, Terry Riley, Peter Sotos, Boyd Rice, Henry Flynt, Kazumoto Endo, David Tudor, Half Japanese,Secret Chiefs 3, Keiji Haino, Ramleh, Otomo Yoshihide, John Zorn, Joe Meek, Faxed Head, Harry Partch, Wesley Willis, Fred Frith, The Residents, Sun Ra, Sun City Girls, Hans Krusi, Royal Trux, Jandek, Loren Mazzacane Connors, The Dead C, Comus, Cromagnon, Eliane Radigue. The Red Krayola, Opus Avantra, Pan.Thy.Monium., Murmuüre, Gong, cLOUDDEAD, Muslimgauze
>>
>>63450620
Psychedelic noise borrowing heavily from Black Dice, which they've admitted several times.
>>
>>63450692
>what are influences
it sounds nothing like Black Dice anyhow
>>
>>63450620
I prefer the studio version t b h. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4a3V0f72-s This ones pretty fun though.
>>
>>63450620
i believe the term is derivative tripe
>>
>>63450680
great now you retards have gone and ruined clouddead too
>>
>>63450703
>What are influences

They're not experimenting if they are doing what others have done.

>it sounds nothing like Black Dice anyhow

The first half absolutely does, are you mad?
>>
>>63450588
so why don't you just listen to your favourite artists instead of flaunting around about how much superior the things you like are to the things you don't like? your taste in music doesn't make you more intelligent or interesting only the things that you actually create. you are the hipster version of born in le wrong generation. so here you go your tiny bit of attention, jerk your tiny dick to it or whatever shitposters do
>>
>fanbase thinks its new and exciting for its slight genre blending
>it's just fucking circus music

its not mr bungle so guess
>>
File: butthurt.jpg (56 KB, 331x402) Image search: [Google]
butthurt.jpg
56 KB, 331x402
>>63450816
>>
>>63450842
>le funny meme picture with text response xD
>>
>>63450229
but AnCo is experimental wtf
>>
>>63450229
Put your trip back on TE.
>>
>>63450827
I don't fucking know, Major Organ and the Adding Machine.

These threads are so tedious.
>>
>>63450692
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWhU5_gfE7s&index=4&list=PL63BBE1F11B3B369D
and this one?
>>
>>63450945
wrong

it was cardiacs senpai
>>
File: nillbye.jpg (24 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
nillbye.jpg
24 KB, 500x380
>>63450810
>They're not experimenting if they are doing what others have done.
>>
>>63450969
Oh, cool.

I don't understand how it sounds like a circus, but it doesn't matter.
>>
>>63450229
They're not similar at all though. You're trying too hard.
>>63450271
You're trying too hard and probably have never talked to an actual Grimes fan
>>63450680
I genuinely think few of those are good (Muslimgauze, throbbing gristle). Again you're probably just a try hard too just like everyone else I replied to already.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.