[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
real and honest though on Anthony fantano
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 2
File: fantano2 (30).jpg (138 KB, 1024x699) Image search: [Google]
fantano2 (30).jpg
138 KB, 1024x699
real and honest though on Anthony fantano
>>
>>61055244
he is a massive faggot
>>
>>61055244
He's sometimes entertaining to watch but I take his opinions with a huge grain of salt
>>
>>61055261
>Abelian
more like
>IM A FAGGOT
>>
>>61055244
irrelevant in real life
>>
>>61055463
WRUNG
why does he get 500,000 sub then faggot?
>>
>>61055244
I like watching him shit on things I don't like
>>
p4k contrarian are even more cringeworthy than p4k sheeps
>>
>>61055311
You could have at least been clever with it
But whatever you say, I guess
>>
>>61055244
I think he wrights good reviews
>>
>>61055524
>abelian
more like
>adulian
>>
>>61055501
500,000 nobodies doesn't make you relevant
>>
>>61055571
Now we're getting closer, but it still needs a bit of work
>>
>>61055261
Pretty much this.

>>61055503
This too.
>>
>>61055578
Robert christgau
>>
he was entertaining for a bit but he has quickly grown tiresome. He let youtube fame go to his head and he's basically just a pandering one-trick pony now.
>>
haven't watched his reviews since he moved out of his house but i appreciated his humor and his ability to formulate and string together a coherent sentence that describes his feelings towards an album, there's some P4K writers that can't claim the same.

then again i've never watched or read reviews to be put onto new albums, i usually go to read reviews of music i already like to pick up what other people think about it.

also anthony has shit taste
>>
>>61055661
>tiresome
he has a family with 4 children dick face.
>>
>>61055244
he helped find some new music and stuff

i hate that whole cal chuchesta shit

now i wish he would talk about stuff that isn't on p4k
>>
File: photo (1).jpg (40 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
photo (1).jpg
40 KB, 900x900
>>61055773
>i hate that whole cal chuchesta shit
>>
>>61055832
I've seen TWTG fags with better alternate personas
>>
>>61055930
>twtg
what does it mean?
>>
>>61055930
that guy with the glasses? i'm i right
>>
>>61056024
How retarded are you to thing that W is equal to guy?
>>
>>61056074
well, i dont watch anything but theneedledrop, so please leave faggot, kek.
>>
He has really precise reviews even though I don't usually agree.
>>
I have no problems with fagtano, and as a Minnesotan I appreciate Cal a little bit.
>>
>>61055261
i might take fantano's opinions with a grain of salt but yours i just discard immediately
>>
>>61056074
He's right. I botched the acronym. It deserves to be botched.
>>
>>61056134
>precise reviews

He used to, but now he just throws out buzzwords and calls it a day. His floridada review was just awful he literally just said it was fun and therefore good.
>>
Any individual or publication that tries to review all the main genres and subgenres of music is not going to be capable of deep analysis. Fantano is no exception. Shallow opinions on almost all the same stuff every other mainstream site reviews.

>>61055661
Also this
>>
>>61055244

Honestly, I feel music is completely subjective and don't understand why someone would watch or read music reviews

>This reviewer disagrees with me, what a cunt! now I can act mad

>This reviewer agrees with me, my bias is confirmed, now I can feel superior/affirmed in my taste
>>
>>61055244
I liked him better before he went all /pol/ on us
>>
>>61056939
For me it's vidya reviews, I watch it for stuff I wouldn't play/listen to myself.

Sometimes it gets me interested in listening to something I wouldn't have otherwise, mostly it just informs me of things I would otherwise have never known about.

Also a good review is just plain entertaining, but goddamn are they rare. It's a separate artform really.
>>
>>61057029
it's like*
>>
>>61055244
Honest to god bad taste in music
>>
>>61057064
whats your taste faggot.
>>
>>61056960
>Fagtano
>/pol/
>>
cool guy. would hang out with.

>>61056233
Abelian is based though.
>>
He is the textbook example of utterly pointless music criticism. Why would I need to watch a 15-minute video of a guy describing the music, with phrases like "slathered in reverb", "icy synths" and "booming bass", if I can immediately listen to the music itself myself?

(Pop) music criticism made sense in the 60s-90s when you had to pay money to hear music. And test-playing records at stores took time and effort.
>>
>>61055244

shit taste in music, great personality

I like how he calls out bullshit in the industry but doesn't try to act like he's better than anyone else, he's a chill guy
>>
>>61057595
reviewing music makes some sense also today though, there is just too much music to check it all, it can help people filter the music the check out
>>
>>61055930
but cal is a real person??
>>
>>61055244
I hope he dies soon.
>>
i don't think i'd be his friend in irl life
>>
>>61058595

damn, edgy
>>
>>61055244
He has too much of the p4k mentality
That's his blind spot
>>
He's a failed musician who doesn't even have the proper money and influence to be a "respected" reviewer, or to properly support artists.
>>
What's his most entertaining video?
>>
>>61057103
Better than liking social justice core
>>
>>61055244
I like his reviews, i don't care for the politics he spits out on his sub channel
>>
why did he agree to do a podcast with Sargon of Akkad?
>>
Good for a pleb just getting more into music. I still sometimes watch his videos to hear someone else's honest opinion of an album
>>
>>61058686
Because Sarcuck is a hypocritical slime
>>
>>61059210
>Because Sarcuck is a hypocritical slime
how so
>>
is posted here entirely too much, mostly by children who disagree with his opinion on something.

but they call him a fag and/or a hack instead of making well thought out posts about positives and negatives of songs/albums.

fun way to spend the afternoon, ay teens?

anyway. rarely check out his reviews, but have agreed with him more often than disagreed.

wish that everyone who found /mu/ through him would just stay on the youtube comment section.
>>
>>61055244
>real and honest
fantano is so problematic desu
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.