[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HEY I'M YOUR LIFE I'M THE ONE WHO TAKES YOU THERE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: James-Hetfield.jpg (152 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
James-Hetfield.jpg
152 KB, 630x420
HEY
I'M YOUR LIFE
I'M THE ONE WHO TAKES YOU THERE
>>
TIC TIC TIC TIC TOC
>>
THESE ARE THE BOOTS THAT KICK YOU DOWN
>>
DO YOU BURY ME WHEN I'M GONE
>>
MY LIFESTYLE... DETERMINES MY DEATHSTYLE
>>
THIS IS THE END THAT WILL NEVER END
>>
I AM THE TABLE
>>
THIS IS THE VOICE OF SILENCE NO MORE
>>
OMINOUS I'M IN US
>>
SMASHING THROUGH THE BOUNDARIES
>>
>>61051594
MASTER OF PUPPETS I'M PULLING YOUR STRIIIIIIIIIIINGS
>>
NO LIFE TIL LEATHER , WE GON KICK SOME ASS TONIGHT
>>
CRAAAWLLLLING IN MY SKIIIIINNNN
>>
SO TEAR ME OPEN AND POUR ME OUT
>>
http://loudwire.com/metallica-james-hetfield-calls-out-kiss-scorpions-farewell-tours/

So James has called out bands who do farewell tours and don't actually retire. I'm reminded of some sitcom from years ago where the dad character says "So we got tickets to see the Rolling Stones' Farewell Tour. It was either their 6th or 7th farewell tour. I don't remember."

The funny thing is here he gives no indication that Metallica will retire from touring any time soon while other interviews they whine about getting old and blah blah blah we can't play anymore Kirk has tendonitis yadda yadda yadda.
>>
>>61052633
Actually the funnier part is that Metallica have been retired since 1991.
>>
UNTIL IT SLEEEEEPS
>>
>>61052633
They still put out a good show though. Yeah, Lars and Kirk commit a lot of mistakes, but James and Trujillo are good enough to carry it on.
>>
>>61052819
>Yeah, Lars and Kirk commit a lot of mistakes
They were never good to begin with desu.
>>
>>61052819
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-L5zwDtwPc

Last spring. This was a pretty good performance of FFWF, at least on James's part. He dusts off the growly voice and the Flying V (which was his main instrument in the 80s and has a more appropriate tone for their material than some of his other guitars). Lars as usual is just meh. He reminds me of Alfred E. Neumann here.
>>
>>61052819
>see them in 2003
>'wow, metallica!'
>see them in 2006
>'metallica is pretty good but doing Master of Puppets live didn't go very good'
>see them in 2008
>'Kirk messed up the intro to NOTHING ELSE MATTERS and Lars didn't do ANY DOUBLE BASS DURING ONE'
>Metallica has played my country 6 times since
>never even looked up where

I'm sorry, but if you mess up an open string riff and don't do double bass in pretty much the only song you regularly play that has double bass, you're a fraud.

The only reason to go see Metallica live is because you haven't, or don't go see that many bands in the first place, or you just really like a fiftysomething metal dude saying 'WE LOVE YOU MAN' in between every 3 songs.
>>
>>61052950
theres a third reason actually

if you buy tickets to a festival and then they get announced as a headliner

saw them twice because of that, one was ok and the other was just pretty bad
>>
>>61052950
The sad thing is many of their peers like Anthrax are still kickass live.
>>
>>61052946

Their live guitar tone is so amazingly undefined. A unique blend of having an odd tone lacking mids and picking in such a way that it's very audible. Especially the riff in between the verse and chorus is a mess.

>ARE YOU ALIVE MUNICH
This is the same guy who was once called the best frontman in metal.
>>
>>61053013
>>61052950
Yeah...

>1988
"Hell yeah, are you motherfuckers ready to rock!?"

>now
"We'd like to thank all of the Metallica family for coming. This concert brought to you by Southwest Airlines. You are now free to move about the country."
>>
>>61053012

They HAVE to be. I'd wager the band closest to Metallica in terms of concert attendance despite being sloppy live are Slayer, Megadeth or Motorhead. Bands like Anthrax, Overkill, Testament don't have as many 'guaranteed' ticket sales so they have to put on a good show to get people coming back.
>>
BLACKENED!!!!!!!!
>>
>>61053070
Well my sister saw Motorhead a few months ago and she said it was a good show considering Lemmy has been eh recently due to his age and health.
>>
>>61053070
>Slayer, Megadeth or Motorhead.
>closest to Metallica in terms of concert attendance
>actually being this retarded
>>
OFF TO NEVER-NEVER LAND
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.