[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does everyone say rock music is dead? There are plenty of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: rock-08.png (746 KB, 1219x874) Image search: [Google]
rock-08.png
746 KB, 1219x874
Why does everyone say rock music is dead? There are plenty of great rock/metal albums coming out but it's just not trendy to like anymore.
>>
>>61051512
>There are plenty of great rock/metal albums coming out
such as
>>
>>61051544
What's the point of naming albums that you'll just dismiss because you're a retarded poptimist?
>>
>>61051577
wow it was a legit question I haven't listened to much from this year you rude asshole
>>
>>61051544
Elder - Lore
Songhoy Blues - Music in Exile
Bassekou Kouyate and Ngoni Ba - Ba Power
Tempel - The Moon Lit Our Path
Father John Misty - I Love You, Honeybear
The Skints - FM
>>
>>61051512
There was a few good albums but they were the exceptions
>>
>>61051577
I would actually like to know about some good rock albums of this year or post-10's besides the ones posted here over and over.
>>
>>61051633
Failure's comeback album is p good.
>>
>>61051624
Forgot the Further West Quad Cult LP by Master Musicians of Bukkake
>>
>>61051624
None of these were the good rock albums from this year
>>
File: 2015 metal.jpg (1 MB, 1485x950) Image search: [Google]
2015 metal.jpg
1 MB, 1485x950
>>61051544
>>
>>61051512
Too hard to explain, rock isn't dead but it's never been worse than it is now. The concept of what is good music has gravitated away from innovation and more towards what is expected.
>>
>mfw alternative and indie rock are dead and prog is the only subgenre producing decent albums
>>
>>61051828
They all were good and came out this year though?

some are touch and go as to whether they're rock as they've got heavy malian trad/reggae/folk influences but they all still count.
>>
File: good job.jpg (17 KB, 480x469) Image search: [Google]
good job.jpg
17 KB, 480x469
>>61051624
Thanks will check
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.