[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can he be such a patrician regarding rock music yet such
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: piero[2].jpg (14 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
piero[2].jpg
14 KB, 450x300
How can he be such a patrician regarding rock music yet such a pleb when it comes to jazz or classical? This is a serious question.
>>
because people have different tastes in different things.

he's also not patrician (or plebeian) because those terms are made up

one things for sure, he's a refrigerator obsessed pedophile
>>
Piero Scaruffi?

More like Piero Scruffy!
>>
Because he is a hack
>>
his taste in classical seems pretty standard and classical is pretty standardized
most people are trying way too hard with their own classical picks because they're used to going against the grain with popular music
>>
>>61051400
same with his jazz picks more or less, except he likes free jazz more than the average normie I guess
>>
>>61051263
There is no way he actually properly listened to all the albums he reviewed
>>
Explain why he is "such a pleb when it comes to jazz or classical".
>>
He made a point in his Beatles review, saying that the bands and albums regarded as the 'best' are usually just the best sellers, and are common denominator music
That's why, in rock, he tends to go for the more obscure stuff.

In classical and jazz, though, he agrees with most critics; the most critically acclaimed pieces are like that for a reason, and he's willing to admit that.
>>
>>61051263
If you actually take a good look, he's a pretty big pleb when it comes to rock music as well
>>
>>61051263
His taste in metal and electronic music is just terrible
>>
>>61051650

this

>>61051687

his taste in electronic is actually okay, let me guess you're just an assblasted Aphex Twin fan right? and metal is a shit genre
>>
>>61051634
>#1 rock album is Trout Mask Replica
>#1 jazz album is The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady
>#1 symphony is Beethoven's 9th
>>
>>61051878
all correct
>>
>>61051775
>metal is a shit genre

kek okay pleb
>>
>>61051878
i'm not seeing any problem here

it would be really suspicious for anyone to not have those within their top twenties at least
>>
>How can [his tastes be so similar to mine] regarding rock music yet [so different from mine] when it comes to jazz or classical?
fixed
>>
>>61051888

it's true, it's just edgy crap for teenagers
>>
>>61051951
I'm sure you have listened to lot of metal albums
>>
>>61051951
Metal is divisive manifestos for true revolutionaries.
>>
>>61051951
>lol metal is just edgy noise for children
>ow I listen to noise, power electronics and industrual I' so so patrician

you are the worst
>>
>>61051878
so? there's nothing pleb about either of those

classical has been analyzed and studied for 200 years. If something is still this highly regarded, there's a damn good reason for it.
>>
>>61051960

I've listened to enough to know it's shit

>>61051975

kek

>>61051976

>I listen to noise, power electronics and industrual I' so so patrician

I don't listen to power electronics and I listen to very little noise or industrial. patrician is a buzzword
>>
>>61051263
You're unironically using pleb and patrician, so there is nothing serious about your question
>>
>>61051775
he said music has the right to children was a glitch album overly influenced by autechre which is complete bullshit and made fake reviews for their early albums
he's a shit reviewer for any music post-1990 (especially electronic shit)
>>
>>61051775
>his taste in electronic is actually okay,
No, it's pretty bad. Have you seen his list of best techno albums (a medium pretty irrelevant in the genre anyway)? Or his list of best industrial albums? Not stellar.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.