[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Why you actually hate house shows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: house-show2.jpg (125 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
house-show2.jpg
125 KB, 960x640
>is always running late
>having to talk to people
>sound check indiscernible from actual set
>vocals either nonexistent or so muffled
>noise/drone band ruins the whole night
>>
Those are all good apart from the first one
>>
>>61050997
not sure any of these are much different from any other show
>>
>>61051074
vocals are good at the bar
>>
What are you talking about? If the band isn't complete shit it's still better than a crappy PA system that only amplifies bass and drums.
>>
I personally love house shows. I feel like they are more personal. I guess i just feel alienated at a bar full of cliques.
>>
>>61051337
>I guess i just feel alienated at a bar full of cliques
Lmao what? Have you ever been to a bar show? There are no cliques, theres just people there for the music. I mean sometimes people go with their friends but they aren't cliques.
>>
count yourself lucky. If I lived in a place where emo/noise/drone/indie bands played in houses on the reg I'd be a happy ass dude
>>
>>61050997
That fucking pleb singing into an sm57 tho
>>
>>61051838
They're fine for vocals, especially at shitty cheap house shows like OP's pic. Also I'm pretty sure the 58 is the the exact same mic as the 57 but with a wind screen
>>
How do I into house shows as a musician?
>>
>>61051406

You've obviously never been to Providence, RI.
>>
>>61051438
Where do you live? There are house shows all over the place if you know about them.
>>
>>61051981
gotta be real cool in the local music scene. gotta suck lots of dicks.
>>
>>61052253
>gotta suck lots of dicks.

Well that just brings us full circle doesn't it?

It's how you get anywhere in the biz, really. You've got to be a really nasty ho who slobs some knobs just to get gigs or to get on a label.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.