[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
name a better bowie song wait, let me give you a good hint:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: David Bowie - Blackstar.jpg (45 KB, 640x397) Image search: [Google]
David Bowie - Blackstar.jpg
45 KB, 640x397
name a better bowie song

wait, let me give you a good hint: you won't find any ;)
>>
>>61050804
White star
>>
File: bowieblackstar1.jpg (47 KB, 960x774) Image search: [Google]
bowieblackstar1.jpg
47 KB, 960x774
>>61050804

Strangers When We Meet
>>
File: Bowieblackstar.jpg (47 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
Bowieblackstar.jpg
47 KB, 960x960
>>61050804

Ashes to Ashes, Blackstar is one of his best songs though.
>>
File: 2fb72bowie4.jpg (15 KB, 236x335) Image search: [Google]
2fb72bowie4.jpg
15 KB, 236x335
>>61050804
OH WE CAN BE HEROES
JUST FOR ONE DAY
WHATCHU SAY
>>
>>61050902
such an experimental qt

It's no game part 1 though
>>
SONS OF THE SILENT AGE
>>
>>61050899
Literally listened to ashes to ashes for the first time two weeks ago and loved it. Tried it again on mdma and it was even better. That song is so fucking great, but i can't seem to find anything like it, even on scary monsters. Are there any other artists that do music similar to that song?
>>
Space Oddity.
>>
>>61051557
visage might be your thing. i know i love it on mdma. and sober, also. it's not quite the same as ashes to ashes, but similar.

bowie songs that i would listen to along with ashes to ashes in random order from rndom albums:
we are the dead
all the madmen
heroes (the entire album desu)
oh! you pretty things (favourite definately)
china girl
an occasional dream
sex and the church (and the entire album buddha of suburbia)
>>
station to station
>>
>>61051431
SONS OF SOUND AND SONS OF SOUND
>>
>>61052203
Haven't listened to bowie past scary monsters (except for black star of course) so i'll check it out. I just always assumed that bowie past 1980 was pretty shit, so i never gave it a chance. Wasn't china girl an iggy song? I'm pretty well versed with him and i'm almost certain that it's from the idiot or lust for life.
>>
>>61052438
for a while, i didnt know there WAS bowie past 1980. i really suggest you look at bowie documentaries and listen to newer songs. a lot of it is average, but some is amazing, and it will never cease to amaze me how MUCH he has produced, like honestly, a million tunes.
china girl is a song they wrote together, yes. it's released on an iggy's album which idk specifically and on bowie's let's dance in '83. funny album.
>>
>>61052615
Oh yeah that might be it. They lived together for years in germany, so that's probably why. And yeah, bowies output over the 40 fucking years he's been active is absolutely stunning. I too am shocked at how much music this one guy has been able to create.
>>
File: giphy.gif (489 KB, 288x288) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
489 KB, 288x288
Loving the Alien

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOaqDEjxQAU
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.