[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A proposal.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1449895978749.gif (972 KB, 500x360) Image search: [Google]
1449895978749.gif
972 KB, 500x360
Hey /mu/. I have a proposal for a music review channel; a channel in which the review must have received some sort of musical education (instruments, theory, etc) to at least an intermediate degree, and most importantly, the reviewer MUST review albums/tracks without knowing which musicians created them. This is to make sure previously-formed opinions on certain musicians don't affect the reviews of their future materials, providing the viewers with more unbiased music reviews.

Are there any reviewers like this already, or is it something that's yet to be pioneered?
>>
>>61049360
*the reviewer must have
>>
>>61049360
i like this idea op
>>
>>61049375
Not that I have any time to invest on reviewing albums. I'm just hoping that anyone who's thinking about reviewing music would consider this idea
>>
>>61049360
As someone with a musical education, I don't think it really 'improves' your judgement or ability to critique something. It's not going to change your subjective taste, i.e I wouldn't come across a song and be like "well, I usually wouldn't enjoy this, but since I can tell it's in 5 4 time and the E Lydian mode I like it". Plus I wouldn't really want a reviewer to be focusing on that rather than how it makes them feel viscerally.
>>
Once they hear Radiohead once, they're going to recognize Radiohead even if no one tells them.
>>
>>61050716
The reviewers wouldn't necessarily need to be too critical about the structure of the songs (their musical background could simply serve to refute criticisms like "this reviewer doesn't even know a thing about music", which is something people like Fantano seem to get a lot). What's more important is for the reviewer to review an album for what it is, instead of being prejudiced by what he thinks of the creator.
>>
>>61049360
it's not a bad idea, but someone who is into music will recognize the voices of certain singers
>>
>>61049360
I just like the idea of reviewing music based on what you hear and no other contextual implications
>>
>>61050716
The amount of fucking queers I know who WOULD do that though
>>
>>61050716
Yea, this was amount to some very superficial reviews. there's nothing worse than reviews that are just like "this is exactly what happens in this album".
Besides, just because you're a classical trained jazz musician, for example, doesn't mean you know anything about electronic music.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.