[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is a song that you listened to during your depression,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8
What is a song that you listened to during your depression, and one that brings you back to that time in your life when few things were going right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s0jBXfGDuo
>>
>>61046736
as someone in the throes of a really deep depression, i'd be interested to see ppl's responses here.
>>
how to end depression that has lasted years??
>>
what is everyone on this board depressed? you nerds need to go out more and stop staying in your rooms all day.

Julien Bakers album Sprained ankle btw
>>
>>61047602
>what is everyone on this board depressed?
it's a board full of late teen early 20s white people what do you expect? These people make albums bitching and crying about how much they want to kill themselves if a girl breaks up with them.
>>
File: 1449965558546.gif (982 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
1449965558546.gif
982 KB, 320x287
My depression was probably the worst around 14 and 15, I used too listen too a lot of Nine Inch Nails especially The Fragile also some Depeche Mode. Too bad I'm still depressed at 19, also completely alone all over again, my try heroine soon too
>>
File: iawl.jpg (2 MB, 1779x1794) Image search: [Google]
iawl.jpg
2 MB, 1779x1794
got a few for some different flavors

>friend's suicide

coincidentally mark linkous killed himself shortly after
>>
>>61047602
You don't get mental illness, and it's never that easy.
>>
>>61046736

>Depression

I would listen to minimalism, post-punk, folk, and black metal
>>
File: onehundreddollarroom.jpg (39 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
onehundreddollarroom.jpg
39 KB, 700x700
>>
File: getwarmer.jpg (790 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
getwarmer.jpg
790 KB, 900x900
one more
this was a weird time
>>
>>61047662
>You don't get mental illness

Right, because you know me.
>>
i am more depressed than everyone here. im listening to unknown pleasures right now
>>
>>61047708
Well you just sort of made it obvious with your asinine post

>just go outside lmoa xdDD my worst day was spranging my ankle xDDDD
>>
>>61047602
I dig that album lots. She seems like a real cool girl, it would be dope to meet her some day
>>
>>61047728
>>just go outside lmoa xdDD my worst day was spranging my ankle xDDDD

Real mature.
>>
not gonna pretend I have actual depression but I do have real low self-esteem/etc.

in general it just helps me to listen to music that makes me feel the beauty of the world, even if it makes me sad.

some artists I like for that:
Goldmund
Passion Pit (Gossamer especially. "Dancing On The Grave" has also helped me a lot)
Coldplay (yeah, yeah. but let's not pretend Mylo Xyloto isn't a comforting album.)
Four Tet
Air France
Bon Iver
The Antlers
Jon Hopkins
>>
Deathconciousness became my favorite album because of my depression and i cant listen to it now because i just relapse my entire life into, "why bother. Why even contin...." and i stop thinking and go to sleep or just lay down letting air slip in/out of me with no force
>>
File: The Hand That Thieve.jpg (698 KB, 1425x1425) Image search: [Google]
The Hand That Thieve.jpg
698 KB, 1425x1425
Depressed: houses we die in
By: pianos become the teeth

Nostalgic: and they broke him down
By: streetlight manifesto
>>
John Martyn. This shit right here meng. That first fucking title track non-stop. Its about Nick Drake (a friend of Martyn's) and his fall into depression.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX4O9-4VQfo
>>
A lot of artists like
Pianos become the teeth
A lot like birds
The saddest land scape
The exploration
And an autumn for crippled children

Are easy for me to listen to when depressed, for the soul fact that:
1.) They have ether made an album that I can relate to that has had an impact on my life in one way or another

(A lot like birds | no place)
(Pianos become the teeth | saltwater)
(The sadest landscape | the temptation that is her)
(The exploration | I guess I'm leaving)

Were as when I'm more happy I tend to listen to smooth beats or anything easy on my ears
>>
File: 3536345234.png (381 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
3536345234.png
381 KB, 500x500
I know it's not a song but when this was released, I was going through some bad psychosis.

Bought the CD with the booklet. Read it once and never picked it back up again. Scared the shit out of me. I listened to the album a few more times but eventually stopped and haven't heard it all the way through since '12. Still one of my all time favorites and I ordered the boxset so we'll see where that takes me when I listen to it again

One song that makes me happy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y2aKRi4DhE

This song has gotten me out of so much shit. So many bad /psy/ trips saved by this song. I have no idea why. I really can't explain it but every time I hear it, I feel warm.
>>
File: Gemini.jpg (87 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Gemini.jpg
87 KB, 600x600
Used to listen to Circa Survive's OLG a ton in middle school. Still do from time to time.

Now I mostly listen to of dream pop 'cause I'd rather Live In Dreams.
>>
Smashed the shit out of Psy's album when it came out. Had just broken up with my gf of 13 years.
>>
>>61046736
trivium and anime OST
It's surprising i didn't kill myself now that i think about it
>>
Death Grips - On GP really resonated with me when it was released earlier this year. Had been using a decent amount of drugs and hadn't really realised how fucking sad I was until I listened to this
>>
oh man I hope I never experience depression
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.