[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Of Montreal not talked about often? They've some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 540x960
Why is Of Montreal not talked about often? They've some top tier tunes
>>
>>61045072

i haven't kept up with them for a while but i recall hissing fauna being their only truly great album, everything else being mediocre or worse
>>
HECTOR ORMANO IS MY FAVORITE BOXER
>>
They're definitely the second most popular Elephant 6 band on here after NMH.

>>61045252
Unfortunate, because Gay Parade, Coquelicot Asleep in the Poppies, Skeletal Lamping, and Paralytic Stalks are all amazing.
>>
>>61045386
>tfw no love for The Olivia Tremor Control
>>
A O T Y
O
T
Y
>>
>>61045252
While it is by far their best album they have some other good ones.
>>
>>61045454
nah at all. i was actually very disappointed when i found out that Aureate Gloom was the product of his actual divorce. i mean they had some sort of separation earlier and *that* gave birth to hissing fauna, skeletal lamping, icons abstract thee (underrated af btw) etc...
maybe he's just lost his touch?
>>
>>61045072
>not popular anymore
>past their prime
>utter shit live
thats why
>>
>>61045444
I know that feel anon. Black Foliage is in my top 5.
>>
>ywn have qt fun loving nun gf

music for this feel?
>>
>>61045072
Anybody want to discuss story of the eye?
>>
Aureate Gloom and False Priest are severely underrated.
>>
>Oh the cause of gauze,
>The Manuels have fondled many memories from my lap
>though each memory has its own lap and swimmers swim laps.
>Even swimmers have laps however and while in that condition many require a delicate gauze.
>I desire only this in my decripitude, that I will have one more opportunity to serve as a gauze to my fellow man
>and that in that state of gauze can somehow disturb the world less often with my prickly fingers

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>61045668

/thread.

jk, youre an idiot.
>>
>>61045837
>implying those things are not true
>>
>>61045802
have you read it? i actually did, and it was... interesting
>>
>>61045668
I just saw them live and was blown away by literally everything

A-O-T-Y

The place I saw them was packed to capacity with at least a thousand
>>
>>61045882
I kinda liked it, having never read something like it before; very raw

I haven't been able to find anyone who will take it seriously, as in objectively and not falling for the gross out factor

The trinity of round white objects felt like some kind of religious symbolism
>>
>>61046047
i like some of his philosophical ideas, they're ridiculous in a way but interesting nonetheless. if you liked story of the eye you might like Tropic of Cancer by Henry Miller (which incidentally is referenced in lousy with sylvianbriar)
>>
>masturbating your father's pain
what did he mean by this
>>
>>61045835
>u want me to suck?
>like this
>SLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURP

what did he mean by this
>>
>>61046160
Thanks for the recommendation, I'll definitely check that out
>>
>>61045386
I especially love paralytic stalks
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.