[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Had /mu/ ever liked broadcast? Their sound reminds me of animal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (108 KB, 595x597) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108 KB, 595x597
Had /mu/ ever liked broadcast? Their sound reminds me of animal collectives spirit they're gone in a few ways. The weird sounds and synths are really easy to see influencing or we're influenced by the collective.
>>
>>61044741
One of my favorite albums.
>>
>>61044929
Love the opening track and the little bell
>>
Broadcast is fantastic, love this and their debut.
>>
I know a lot of artists have sad backstories, but Broadcast is the one I just can't really deal with. Every time I hear that girl sing I feel sick in my stomach that she just fucking died visiting my country.

This must be what it's like to associate music with an ex.
>>
Yeah, that's their best album imo. Very good noise pop but I wouldn't really compare them to AnCo
>>
>>61045030
I haven't checked out their debut yet too much, I'll get on it. It's weird to see how similar to stereolab they were in the beginning (they were signed to an imprint of stereolabs label).
>>61045068
It makes me angry that she died. And she toured with atlas sound and it didn't even come to my town, not that I even knew about the tour to begin with when I was in middle school.
>>
>>61045090
I know they're sound isn't comparable to AnCo but it's the background noises and synths that to me were similar. Now that I think about it what groups sound like AnCo? Hard mode: no groups sounding like person pitch or mpp
>>
>>61045125
Picked up their debut blindly at a record store and I fell in love with it, my AOTY for 2000.
>>
>>61045068
it's so fucking sad :-(

>tfw you'll never see Broadcast perform live
>tfw no trish
>tfw tears in the typing pool
>>
>>61045157
I'm always afraid of blindly buying records but if I saw broadcast and didn't know anything about them I'd assume they were an electronic group (not a noise pop group closer to dream pop)
>>
>>61045189
Same, especially since the reissues were put out by Warp.
>>
>>61045172
Of pneumonia too, also she was like in her early 40's I just checked. I thought she was like in her early 30's or late 20's
>>61045212
Yep warp has a weird habit of signing rock bands that use a lot of electronics which makes more sense now that I think about it.
>>
File: satan presides.jpg (196 KB, 1600x1106) Image search: [Google]
satan presides.jpg
196 KB, 1600x1106
>>61044741
They made some indisputably great music in their short stint as a group

It saddens me that there will never be another Broadcast album
>>
Shitty Pram ripoff.
>>
File: Tender Buttons.jpg (547 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Tender Buttons.jpg
547 KB, 1000x1000
oh dude(s).

My gf got me into them and they're such a delight. This album was my first intro to them and it was so perfect, I would def introduce someone to Broadcast via Tender Buttons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL6G2uGAwfs
>>
>>61046201
Pramposter shoes up in every Broadcast thread.
k e k
e
k

Anyway, like them lots and /mu/ hasn't turned them into a meme yet so please halt the fucking ANCO comparisons immediately, OP.
>>
File: broadcast.jpg (52 KB, 480x318) Image search: [Google]
broadcast.jpg
52 KB, 480x318
FUCK YEAH, YOU GUYS LIKE BRAODCAST TOO
>>
Anymore bands like Stereolab, Pram and Broadcast?
>>
>>61046389
>Anyway, like them lots and /mu/ hasn't turned them into a meme yet

Going to post them in every thread to make sure they become a meme and gain 200k listeners on last.fm
>>
>>61044741
broadcast is just a worse stereolab
>>
File: alien-03.gif (8 KB, 379x284) Image search: [Google]
alien-03.gif
8 KB, 379x284
>similar to stereolab
>both vocalists died
very sus
>>
broadcast is just a better yo la tengo
>>
File: 165260.jpg (259 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
165260.jpg
259 KB, 750x750
Yeah, Broadcast are really neat. I wish they could have explored more into the whole hauntology thing they were playing around with towards the end there.

>>61048057
Komeda gets lumped in with those guys a lot even though I don't think they are super similar but listening to What Makes It Go? couldn't hurt. Maybe Electrelane's The Power Out as well.
>>
Glad this thread survived, I love the fact that people are into Broadcast
>>
>>61044741
I really wish Trish wasn't dead, would've been cool to see them live. Tender Buttons is probably my favorite like most people but I do love their other albums.
>>
I really love Stereolab but I didn't 'get' Pram (I only heard Helium)
>>
>>61049942
...so will I like Broadcast?
>>
The Noise Made by People > Broadcast and The Focus Group Investigate the Witch Cults of the Radio Age > virtually everything else they've ever done musically.
>>
they are descent
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.