[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I haven't been on this board in over a year. Here's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Recent Vinyl Purchases.jpg (3 MB, 2478x1840) Image search: [Google]
Recent Vinyl Purchases.jpg
3 MB, 2478x1840
I haven't been on this board in over a year. Here's what happened:

I started lurking here about five years ago. I listened to most of the albums posted here. Then, I started to develop my own taste. I started listening to more interesting, more obscure, more challenging music. I got bored with /mu/ and it seemed like the board was changing too.
It seemed like the same ~20 albums were being posted every day, and it seemed like there were no serious threads. Only memes. It seemed like everybody started listening to nothing but really mainstream rap like Kendrick Lamar and Drake and Death Grips and Chief Keef, or really bland pop music like Charli XCX and FKA Twigs and Lorde, or really watered down "indeh" music like Mac DeMarco, The XX, and Tame Impala.

So what's new? Has anything changed?

Do you still think Captain Beefheart is weird or obscure?

Do you still think photoshopping Fantano into an album cover, or typing lyrics in all caps is somehow funny?

Do you still read Pitchfork and worship black people?

Do you still think Radiohead is anything other than a bland pop rock band?

Do you still listen to the same 20 albums and never deviate from the "essentials" chart?

Do you still like radio-tier pop music?

This board was alright if you're just getting into music, and even then its pretty mediocre, but it seemed like when I left, the board wasn't even okay anymore. It was just bad.

Has anything changed?
>>
yeah me too
>>
>>61043435
A Vinyl Full Of Memes
>>
lolz
>>
tumblr and reddit happened
Lets Mourn
:"(
>>
File: 1434012274158.png (87 KB, 1112x124) Image search: [Google]
1434012274158.png
87 KB, 1112x124
Still shit.
>>
Best new pasta
>>
thanks for the new meme OP
>>
only two of those albums are worth listening to OP

guess which
>>
>>61043435
the only thing thats changed is that the same 20 albums arent posted as much as they used to be
>>
>>61043732
Deafheaven and Godspeed.
>>
>>61043818
LOL
no

I think deafheaven might be the album that's the least worth listening to in that picture.

it's easily the worst album there.
>>
>>61043732
Jason Aldean and Young Thug
>>
>This board was alright if you're just getting into music, and even then its pretty mediocre, but it seemed like when I left, the board wasn't even okay anymore. It was just bad.
I agree, but jc son. Who hurt you?
>>
>>61043853
Worst is a tie between Hospice, Money Store, and Merriweather.
>>
yo does anyone else think pop music is really deep almost all the time
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.